Status: On hiatus for now. Read my active Harry fan-fic "Craving More" Will continue with this story when I feel I'm done with Craving More.

She's Not Afraid

.03

(Harry's POV)

"Guys! I have some news!" Zayn practically sang as he walked into the house. He had said he was going to clear his mind, and go to a music store earlier.

"Why are you so chipper?" Louis asked Zayn from the kitchen threshold as they both made their way into the living room where the rest of us are.

"I met a girl today." He said with a big smile, sitting across from me.

This can't be good. I pity the poor girl who will have to put up with Zayn right now. Don't get me wrong. Zayn is one of the best guys I know. One of my best mates. But when it comes to relationships, he sucks. And the only reason for that would be because of Annie.

"Really? Who might that be?" Niall questioned from the armchair.

I could tell from the look in Liam and Niall's eyes tht they were thinking the same thing as me. Cautious as to wether to encourage Zayn and another girl, or tell him to just leave her alone.

"Her name is Elena. And she is so fit." He said in awe.

"Get her number?" Louis asked while the rest of us cracked a smile. We all knew that it was completely out of the norm, and Zayn wouldn't be as forward as to get a lady's number off the bat.

"As a matter of fact, I did." Zayn smirked at us as he spoke, making mostly my eyes widen along with Louis. "I told her I would call her to go out soon."

"Well, good for you mate." Liam said patting Zayn's shoulder. "What's she like?"

"Hey, I think I'm gonna go out for a bit. Get some fresh air." I told them before Zayn could respond.

They all mumbled something to me but I wasn't really paying attention to any of them. I just wanted to be alone, also I didn't feel like hearing about some girl who Zayn is just going to end up breaking up with in a matter of a couple weeks. Why would this one be any different?

I found myself heading down town, near where I ran into Elena that one night.

It was a quiet night without many people around, which I was thankful for, but I decided to keep my beanie on and hood up just in case.

I looked up when I heard someone walking in my direction, but calmed down when I saw the long black hair and red lips, the same way it was the last two times I saw the girl. But this time there was another girl with her.

"Well, if it isn't Larry!" Elena gave me a smirk, slowing down her walk.

"Evening Elena." I returned her smirk with a cheeky grin and gave a nod towards Elena's friend, putting my hood down. "Who might this be?"

"I'm Rachel." She blushed slightly as she spoke to me. I took Rachel's hand in mine and kissed it.

"Pleasure to meet you."

"You too. How do you guys know each other?" Rachel asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"We uh...ran into each other a couple times."

"Uh, no. Harry, here, smashed into me when I was smoking, and then he ran into me at Starbucks, spilling coffee on my favourite shirt." Elena corrected me, speaking to her friend.

"Uh-huh." Rachel was eyeing both me and Elena suspiciously, but I kept my eyes on Elena's big blue orbs."Well, I should be getting home now. You two have fun." Rachel cooed, giving both of us a wink.

"She seems...interesting." I noted when she was distant enough.

Elena took a few steps forward, heading towards the park that was down the block. "There's a lot more where that came from. But don't get your hopes up. She has a boyfriend." She teased.

"What about you?" I questioned.

"What about me?" She asked, keeping her head down.

"Got a boyfriend? In love with anyone?" I said, mostly just trying to annoy her, but also out of shire curiosity.

"I don't believe in love." She replied cooly. I knew from her expression and tone she was being serious. "Love is a myth for children books."

"That's a very cynical way of viewing things." She just shrugged. "What's in the bag?" I pointed to the bag that was bangin on her left hip.

She started unzipping the bag, revealing a camera. "This is my baby." I saw her give a small smile, but she hid it as soon as it appeared.

"You're a photographer." I assumed and nodded.

"I guess. I mean, it's only a hobbie, you know? Something to do in my free time." I nodded, understanding. "What does Harry Styles do in his free time?"

We continued walking down the street, side by side. "I don't have much free time anymore. I guess that was all part of the deal when we signed up for this. I wouldn't take it back for anything though if it means I can keep doing what I love."

She turned on her camera, and snapped a couple pictures of anything she wanted, making our pace slow. "Must be nice. Having the world at your fingertips." She looked up from the screen to see my reaction.

I continued to look at her though, not completely sure how to respond.

She continued her walk more towards the park, and I found myself still wanting to be around her longer, so I followed.

"So then, Elena. What's your story?" I asked, wanting to be nosy.

"Nothing special. Just a small town girl wanting to make it in this big world we call home." When i didn't respond, she snapped a picture of me. Probably because I was looking at her intently, trying to figure her out. "Your turn." She grinned at me.

"One fifth of One-"

"I'm asking about Harry. Not Harry Styles, one fifth of One Direction." She interjected, mimicking my accent when she took the words I was about to say to her.

I wasn't sure what to say, I was so used to people just asking about the band and the fame. So I decided to change the subject. "What else to you do in your spare time?"

She sighed, knowing I didn't want to continue on the topic. She just let it go.

We continued walking around in the park for a couple more hours. I mostly just followed her from behind while she took pictures, snapping some of me when I would look at her too intently. I managed to get the camera and take some pictures of her in return.

Whenever I asked too many questions about her personal life, she would brush it off, or change the subject. She never bothered to ask me about One Direction either. Seeing as how it wasnt something I was used to, Elena had to remind me that she was asking about me. As apposed to someone famous.

I enjoyed Elena's company. At times we would argue, but she was still a nice person to be around. She wasn't as annoying or blunt as the first couple times I met her.

If I didn't have the new album to focus on, or anything of the sorts, I would've asked her out in a second, or at least grabbed her number. But I couldn't get involved with someone, even if it was just one innocent date. Elena explained how she wasn't looking to be tied down to anyone either. Just fun dates here and there.

When I got home, I found Louis lounging on the sofa by himself. "Harry! Where've you been?" He interrogated.

"Ran into someone." He gave me an odd expression, curious as to who that would be most likely. "Elena. The one I ran into down town." I didn't tell anyone about the second time we ran into each other though.

"I see. I wanted to talk to you about her actually." I made my way into the living room, sinking down in the sofa opposite of Louis. "What did you say her last name is again?"

"Gambol. Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"And describe to me what she looks like."

"Why? What the hell is going on?" I asked annoyed.

"Just do it."

"She's about five foot two, long black hair with a fringe...blue eyes, usually has red lipstick on." I stated, picturing her.

"I-uh... I think this might be the girl Zayn is going out with." Louis said amazed.

"Huh." I leaned back in the couch, relaxing a bit. "Small world eh?"

I wonder if Elena knows Zayn is in One Direction. Oh well. It's not like she's planning on getting serious with anyone anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elena's Outfit
Sorry it took long, but hope you enjoy it so far! Some recs would be nice! :)