Status: Hope you guys love this :) I'll be updating every week, hopefully. Though I have no specific day in mind :) So please bear with me on this one! Thanks and love you!

You're Perfect To Me

Stupid Flirty Nurses

The moment I open my eyes, this throbbing pain in my head reminded me of what happened yester--wait! Who knows how long I've been out unconscious. Probably hours? Days, maybe? I don't care. I'm just very thankful that I'm even awake! And that the boys are here with me. From the looks of it, they've been here for a long time. There are bags under their eyes and Zayn's hair wasn't even in it's usual quiff!

I wake up to the sound of the boys' hushed voices. They're probably having an argument or something. Not that I'm eavesdropping but I just don't want them to fight. THey're like the best group of best friends that I've ever seen. And to become part of it was unthinkable.

Zayn and Harry sat in a couch just beside my bed. Both of them looking down on their feet. Why? What's wrong with them? Louis, Niall, and Liam were spread out in my hospital room.

"...It's all my fault." Harry sniffled.

"No, lad. You didn't want this to happen. And neither did we." Louis said to his best friends in a reassuring voice. "I'm sure she won't be blaming any of us from what happened to her. She's not like that and--"

Zayn cut him off in a very tired and wavering voice. "Yes but we can't hide the fact that she's here in this bloody hospital because of us! And seeing that her head is wounded..." He trailed off.

Liam walked closer to them and patted Zayn on his shoulders saying, "Don't be so hard on yourself, mates." He also gave Harry a pointed look. "And Louis's right. No one wanted this to happen. Especially to her. I'm pretty sure that if Raine's awake right now, she'll even be mad at you for blaming yourselves."

Finally, I spoke up. "I will." All five pairs of eyes whipped around to look into me.

Niall rushed on to the side of my bed. Liam and Louis following. Though Zayn and Harry stayed to where they are. And after I spoke up, their faces became very apologetic as they took me in.

"How long have you been awake, Raine?" Niall asked me.

"Long enough to hear what I didn't want to hear." I replied.

"Well, you should've told us that you're awake so that we can take care of you." Louis told me, smiling.

"Does anything hurt? How about your head? Your side?" Liam asked, being the Daddy Direction that he is.

I sighed. "I'm feeling alright, actually. No need to worry, guys." I gave them my warmest smile. Hoping to lessen their worry.

"Well if you need anything, don't hesitate to tell us, 'kay?" Niall offered.

Seriously, I couldn't find more sweet and caring friends than these lads over here. It's pretty obvious that they never left my side ever since I was brought here. "Wait, what about Kendra?"

"No worries. I already called her right after we brought you here. She just left like thirty minutes ago, actually. She didn't want to leave you but she obviously looked knackered so we convinced her to go home and rest." Niall assured me.

Hm, I wonder what Kendra looked like when Niall called her. I'll talk to her later. But right now...

"Zaynie? Haz?" I sweetly called them, hoping to get their attention before starting my speech. Both their heads snapped up as they rushed to my side.

"What is it?" Zayn asked me worriedly.

Harry added, "Does something hurt, babe?" And his eyes frantically searched my face for any sign of pain. But I made sure he found none.

"Nothing, really. I do have a problem though."

They all asked at the same time, "What is it?"

I sighed. Here goes nothing. "Why are you guys blaming yourselves for what happened to me?" I meaningfully looked into each of these five pairs of mesmerizing eyes one-by-one.

"Because it is our fault." Zayn insisted very stubbornly.

"No." I firmly said to him as I ruffled his unfixed hair. Then I looked at all of them saying, "You guys don't get it. It's my fault for not looking when I'm crossing the street. So I'm sorry for being an idiot and--"

Harry cut me off. "And now you're calling yourself an idiot for our sake? Unbelievable!" He huffed at me. "You don't have to cover for us, you know. We already know that what happened to you was our fault because the blood on your head keeps reminding us that!"

I stayed silent and looked at Louis and Liam for support, hoping that they understood what I want. Thankfully, they did. "Zayn, Harry, Raine's right. The important thing now is that she's alive, awake, and we're together. Let's deal with taking good care of her first." Liam calmly said to his two overly protective but sweet best friends.

Louis added, "What you lads are doing right now is giving her stress. And blaming ourselves isn't going to change what already happened. She just woke up and all she's been hearing is the two of you being so hard on yourselves. She's not blaming us, lads. And she never will. Because she's different. You all know that, right?" Wow. Who knew Louis could be wise?

After a long silence, Zayn finally spoke up. Sighing, he said, "We know. She is different. Maybe that's just why we over reacted." Then he looked at me straight in the eye and said, "Truth is, we thought that we were going to lose you. And we don't want that. I won't let that happen."

What? Have I heard him right? He just said he didn't want to lose me. Meaning, I'm importan--

He quickly added, "You know, 'cause you're a good friend of ours." Wow. What a disappointment.

Wait. Who am I even kidding? Here I am thinking that Zayn Malik kind'a, sort of, a little bit, slightly liked me. I must've hit my head too hard to be thinking such impossible thoughts. He's THE Zayn freakin' Malik from One freakin' Direction! He can choose any girl in the world. And why would he even bother considering to choose me?

To hide my disappointment, I sighed in relief at Zayn's realisation that it's not their fault after all. Only Harry stayed silent.

"Haz?" I carefully called his name.

"Yes babe?"

"Are you alright now?" I asked, giving him a weak smile, hoping that he doesn't blame himself anymore.

He sighed before saying, "Of course." Giving me a sincere smile.

I spread my arms, asking for a hug. "Come here, guys." And they obliged. Giving me the warmest group hug that I could ever ask for. Looking at my five new best friends, I became proud of myself for meeting them. I'm even thankful that they hit me. It made me realize how nice of a person they all are. But looking at them more closely at this moment, I can clearly see the layers of bags under their eyes. They're only wearing simple clothes--pants and a shirt--and it's like they didn't even bother looking into the mirror to fix their hair in their hurry to get back here. They really are an awesome lot.

"Wait a minute. How long have we been here?" I asked them. And in reply, they just shrugged, except Liam.

I sighed. "Liam?"

He checked his expensive wrist watch and said, "Well, we hit you at around 6pm the other day," I smiled at how casual Liam said that. "And you've been asleep--or rather unconscious--the whole day yesterday. It's already 9pm when you woke up and it's 10 now so we've been here for about..." He mentally calculated. Oh Liam. "40 hours." He summed up, grinning at us triumphantly.

"Wow Liam! I'm impressed." I gave him a slow applause. He dramatically bowed in response.

"Just show-off." Niall teased his best friend. "I can do better than that."

"Oh yeah?" Liam challenged.

"Hell yeah! I'm a math genius."

"Alright, 675 books plus 345 books equals?"

Niall counted in his fingers before saying, "The library!"

Me, Harry, Zayn, and Louis started laughing. Liam kept shaking his head, giving up hope on Niall who just looked at us innocently. The boys have sobered up and I was the only one left laughing hysterically.

Niall fake glared at me, looking hurt. "What? You claim to be a math genius?" He challenged me.

Bad idea, Niall. I go to NYU after all. "I claim to smarter than you. In fact, I claim to me smarter than all of you. Even you, Liam."

I smirked as they all dramatically gasped. Louis rushed on, saying, "Oh yeah? 13 plus 13 minus 13 times 13 divided by 13 equals?"

Oh please. This is too easy. "13." I answered confidently.

Louis countered. "No it's not. It's 69!" I chuckled at his childish act.

"Prove it." I challenged.

Doing so, he counted on his fingers, struggling to calculate the answer. Upon seeing his best friend's attempt to answer his own question, Zayn cleared his throat at him saying, "Louis? You do know there's a calculator in your phone, right?"

Louis's eyes widened in realization and quickly pulled out his phone. "I knew that."

Then he tapped madly on his it. After a few seconds, he showed us the screen of his phone. "See? You're wrong, Raine. It's 6--"

I cut him off, smirking. "Check again, Louis. Look at your phone."

Once he did, "There has to be a mistake! It says 13! This can't happen. It can't end like this!!!" He fake cried.

Harry came closer to his dramatic grieving best friend and put his hands on Louis's shoulders, trying to get his attention. "Louis. Louis, look at me. Mate, look at me. Raine's right and you are not. But you can't let that stop you from living your life. Deal with it. Man up. Things change but for now--"

I cut him off. "I'm smarter than all of you!" I stuck my tongue out at them. Louis fake sobbed at Harry's shoulder, Zayn patting his back.

Niall defended themselves, "You're only smarter now because Louis and I are hungry. We haven't eaten since this afternoon. Right, Louis?"

Louis immediately cheered as he got a brilliant idea. "A take out! Let's go, Niall!"

The two of them left sprinting and we can even hear them hollering and whooping along the hallway. A smile was plastered on my face at how crazy these guys are.

Then Liam spoke up, "I should probably go after them to prevent any trouble or catastrophe from happening."

And as if on cue, something dropped on the hallway outside followed by Niall and Louis shouting "Sorry!" at someone before running away.

Liam quickly walked out of my room and Harry called after him saying, "Buy us some take outs too!"

Liam called back, "Okay! I'll make sure they don't eat it all."

Zayn, Harry and I are the only ones left on the room. The two of them eyed me in worry again so I tried to sit up on my bed for their sake. I don't want them to think that I'm weak. But doing so, my head and my side exploded in pain so I winced and stifled a scream.

Zayn immediately came to my aid and helped me to lay down again. "Just don't push yourself too hard. You know you don't always have to pretend to be strong around us, love."

I sighed. "It's alright. I'm fi--"

Harry's angry voice cut me off. "Don't say you're freakin' fine because I know as hell you're not!"

After a few seconds of silence, Zayn patted Harry on his shoulders saying, "Calm down, lad. I'll call for someone to bring her painkillers, okay?" He said in a very assuring voice.

Harry seemed to relax a little as he muttered "Sorry for flipping out. I haven't slept since we brought you here. Sorry, babe." He looked at me with a weak smile playing on his lips. I just stared at him. Is this how much Harry Styles cares for me?

Zayn picked up the phone on the night stand beside my bed. He talked to someone on the line, asking for my painkillers. He set it down after a few seconds. "They'll be sending someone over." He told us.

And someone did arrive. The nurse knocked first before entering my room. She looked at bit in her late twenties. Blondie and her body isn't a bit striking. Just a normal build. Her eyes roamed around the room, her eyes landing at me, then Harry, then at Zayn. Only, when she saw Zayn, her eyes widened and she quickly composed herself. Then she gave him a very flirty smile.

"Sir? Is it you who called for painkillers?" She asked him too sweetly for my liking.

Zayn simply said, "Yup."

She approached me unwillingly. But in doing so, she stood beside Zayn. Harry is smiling on the couch that he was sitting on and I can tell that he, too, knows that this nurse is flirting with Zayn. I think Zayn's the only one who isn't noticing it yet.

She looked at him saying, "Well, I also have sleeping meds here. It'll knock her out for a good two hours. Long enough to do things that you want. If you know what I mean." She actually winked at him. And I almost died laughing inwardly as Zayn looked at her, confused.

Harry and I shared a knowing look, both of us smirking. Then he raised his voice loud enough to startle her. "Why on earth would you give unnecessary medicines to a patient?" He fake snapped at her. Now, if you don't know Harry, you might think that he's really mad. But knowing him long enough, I know that he's just messing her. Trying to scare her for flirting with his best friend and offering to knock me out. "Are you sure a licensed nurse? Because if you are, I don't believe you."

Nurse Flirty shrank at Harry's raised voice and said, "I'm sorry. I'll just be giving her the painkillers instead." And she did that with her hands shaking ever so slightly.

Zayn now realized what was going on and was smirking in Nurse Flirty's back. Harry was now full-on grinning when she wasn't looking. Once she was done, Nurse Flirty looked at Harry sheepishly and said, "Is that all, sir?"

"Yes. Now GO." He curtly replied. Making her run on her way out. But before completely exiting, she turned and looked into Zayn saying, "If you ever need anything, you know who to call." She winked at him again.

That's it. "Just go!" Zayn and I said at the same time. And finally, she scrambled away.

And when she was gone, the three of us laughed our heads off.

Oh boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
I finally updated! After 2 weeks...? Sorry about that, I've been busy about school and stuff so... yeah :)) again, sorry. Hope you love this one!