Status: more comments give you faster updates C:

Let Shadows Die

Listen When You Feel Your Heart Skip A Beat

Andys POV

"Have you ever taken it off?" I asked, still staring at the necklace. Ashley shook his head and held the necklace close to his chest.
"No! I...I just can't..." He sighed. I looked over and CC, Jake and Jinxx, nodding.
"I'll just go..." I murmered, which I doubt he heard, and rejoined the group.
"So...?" Jinxx looked up at me anxiously.
"He has this weird... star necklace thing..." I told them. "He hasn't taken it off since he was 5."
"I knew it!" Jinxx laughed. "He is a fertile! Its Glamour, Andy!"
"Well, we don't know that for sure, Jinxx. But it seems that way..." I sighed and looked over at Ashley who was tracing the outline of the Star necklace, lost in thought. Poor thing, hes still practically scared to death of me.
"Andy?" Jake waved a hand in front of my face.
"What?" I dragged out the word as I said it, annoyed just a tad bit.
"You like him don't you."
"No I don't!" I protested, knowing my face was turning a light shade of pink.
"So why are you constantly trying to talk to him?" Jake laughed.
"Because I'm trying to be nice and he looks lonely!" I nodded.
"So, staring at him all Math class was being nice and supposed to make him feel comfortable?"
"I was not staring" I frowned.
"Yes you were."
"You were all History class too..." CC added.
"And you were just 2 minutes ago..." Jinxx stifled a laugh when I sent him a death glare.
"Are you sure you don't have the slightest bit of a crush on him?" Jake raised an eyebrow.
"I don't know..." I sighed in defeat and shook my head.
"Figure it out quickly, because I think he has a crush on you." CC blurted and pointed out Ashley who was staring at me with his big brown puppy dog eyes and quickly looked away.

"You are now dismissed." The teacher interrupted the class and shooed everyone away. We all left the building soon after.
"Oh, so Andy! Don't forget to talk to your dad about the Glamour! Okay?" Jinxx shouted as we began giong seperate directions to our houses. I rolled my eyes.
"I won't! See ya Jinxx!" I waved and soon reached my house. I walked in the front door and threw my backpack on the couch.
"Dad? You home?" I called.
"Yeah, son. In the kitchen!" a voice replied. I strolled into the kitchen and took a seat next to my dad, who was reading the local newspaper.
"So, um, Dad... theres a new boy at school... A human boy..." I said, causing my dad to turn his head slightly to look at me. "But Jinxx has this crazy theory that hes a Fertile..."
"Glamour?"
"Yeah. He thinks that the star necklace he has is the Glamour, but I don't know. I guess its possible." I shrugged. My dad set the paper down on the counter.
"Andy, Glamour is a serious thing. If you think this human boy..." he paused.
"Ashley." I filled in the blank.
"If you think Ashley has Glamour then this needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. Are you two friends?"
"No... in fact I think hes afraid of me."
"Wouldn't be a surprise..." he chuckled. "Listen Andy. I want you to invite him over sometime. Tomorrow would be perfect, we need to get it off him as soon as possible."
"Okay. Thanks." I nodded and got up to go up to my room.
"Andy?" My dad grabbed my wrist.
"Yeah Dad?"
"What got you so interested in this boy, Ashley, anyways?"
"I think... I think he might be my mate..." I whispered, still struggling to fit the pieces together. My dad smiled warmly up at me and released me from his grip. I then went up to my room and shut the door, pulling out my phone to see I got a text from CC.

'Dude! Turns out that human kid lives across the street from me!
-CC'

I smiled at the text and replied:

'Sweet! Hey, CC, can you do me a favor and ask him if he wants hang out with us tomorrow?
-Andy'

'Sure thing! Why? Did you talk to your dad?
- CC'

'Yes, he wants Ashley to come over tomorrow. And I just think he needs some company is all.
-Andy'
I shrugged to myself as I sent the text. CC replied just seconds afterwards.

'Riiiiiighttttt. Well I should get going. See you tomorrow!
-CC'

I set my phone down beside me and stared at the ceiling. Could it really be possible?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Reprobate Romance by Blacklisted Me C:

~Rachel

why am i signing my name. why.