Sequel: Death of Giovanni

Lucario Love

Chapter 2

1000 years had passed since Lucario was imprisoned in the crystal staff. The war had suddenly ended when the Tree of Beginnings had shone with a brilliant light, bathing the country side in it before the two warring factions could clash at the spot where Lucario was imprisoned. Aaron’s Pidgeot had brought the Crystal Staff back to the castle to the queen who knew immediately what had happened. The queen at the time had kept the Staff safe, only to be brought out during a special celebration, honoring Sir Aaron’s sacrifice to his country and his beloved Lucario.

Then, one day, as the Celebration was drawing to a close, a young trainer named Ash had won the battle to see who would be Knight of Aura for the Banquet later that night. Ironically, he was dressed the same as Sir Aaron was that fateful day when Lucario was sent into the Staff.

“Um… what’s this for?” Ash asked the Queen Lin at the banquet.

“That staff has been passed down through the ages as the symbol of peace in our Kingdom for over one-thousand years. You are a very luck man, Ash”, Lin said solemnly, “Look at that portrait to your left.”

Ash did as he was told and looked. The portrait had a young man who looked strikingly familiar to anyone comparing the boy looking at it and the portrait itself. The man was holding the same Staff that Ash was holding at that very moment.

“Who was he?” Asked May, a young upbeat and perky Contest Coordinator and one of Ash’s friends.

“That is Sir Aaron, the person who saved our kingdom from a terrible war. The legend says that he went to the Tree of Beginnings and spoke to Mew, the guardian of the tree, to help end the war. He sacrificed himself to grant Mew and the Tree the power to do that, thus bringing peace to the kingdom.” Lin said, addressing May, Max, May’s younger brother, and Brock, one of Ash’s friends from his journeys in the Johto and Kanto regions.

“Wow…” Ash whistled, “He was a brave man….”

Inside the staff, Lucario was beginning to stir.
“Sir… Aaron… Why…?” The Pokemon though wearily, “Why?!”

The staff in Ash’s hands began to glow a bright blue as Lucario was released from his thousand year sleep. Everyone around Ash jumped about a foot in the air, but no one jumped as high as Ash and his Pikachu, the first Pokemon he’d ever gotten from Professor Oak, when he began his journey to become Pokemon Master.

“What the hell was that all about?!?” Ash swore loudly.

“Why did you betray me?!” Lucario demanded of Ash angrily, charging an Aura Sphere to attack. Pikachu, seeing that Lucario wasn’t going to be too friendly jumped down from Ashe’s chest where he’d landed to protect his master and friend.

“Lucario…” The queen said sadly.

“My lady,” Lucario said, dropping his aggressive demeanor, “Please forgive me my rudeness, but how does the battle go for our forces?” Lucario asked.

“Lucario, I’m sorry, but I’m not the queen from your time. I am a distant relative of hers. You were trapped in that staff for one thousand years….” The Queen said.

Lucario looked around in disbelief, trying to find some trick or something to belie the things he saw around him. He couldn’t find anything familiar around him, so he decided to check out his old room in the castle. He found that it was not the way he left it… it was filled with glass cases, displaying some old and decaying artifacts.

Lucario turned around to find Ash staring him in the face and tackled him to the ground.
“Hey!! What was that for?!” Ash asked angrily as he got up off the floor.

“Sorry…” Lucario said shortly, “But you shouldn’t sneak up on me like that.” Lucario walked off into the night, leaving Ash to fume in the dark museum-like room alone.

Lucario walked up to the attic and climbed out onto the roof of the castle. He sat down, trying to remember the events before he came out of the staff earlier. He closed his eyes for a moment and returned to that day, one-thousand years ago. He remembered Sir Aaron saying he had a plan to end the war, remembered his lover saying that he couldn’t come with him, remembered the Queen during that time telling him to follow his heart.

“… And look where that got me,” Lucario thought bitterly to himself, “Trapped in a staff for a thousand years and the only person I ever loved betraying me…. Humph!! Humans… can’t trust them…..”

Lucario heard a sudden loud cry of “Pikachu!!” and saw a flash of electricity flaring out from the open window he had just climbed out of. Lucario climbed back towards the window to see what was happening only to see a Pikachu, a Meowth, and Mew teleport away from a couple of Weavile who were trying to attack the Mew.

Lucario closed his eyes and felt a human presence close by using his aura. He looked over to the rooftop directly across from him and saw a woman in a red jumpsuit sitting and looking at the window where the fight had happened.