Status: This is a crossover between The Lost Boys trilogy and Jim Jarmuschs' unreleased vampire love story 'Only Lovers Left Alive' starring Tom Hiddleston. I take no credit in characters apart from Scarlett who is an original :)

Heroes and Villians: My Choice

Hero or Villian?

When I awoke from that sensual dream, I was in a pool of my own sweat, I was surprised to have seen Edgar at the end of my bed; "you okay? I heard you moaning in your sleep...nightmares?"
I looked at him with a raised brow; "uh yeah...yeah it was just a nightmare, everything's fine though" I smiled, I felt somewhat guilty about lying to Edgar about what happened at the bar the previous night, he'd been cautious and protective of me whereas I was sitting with his target and casually chatting to him (well not 'casually' but still).

There was a look in Edgars' eyes, he knew I was lying; "Scarlett. What happened at the bar? You were talking to some guy...who was he?" I looked away from him, my cheeks grew warm; "it was him wasn't it? Your killer..."

I watched him; "Edgar...Adam isn't that-" "Adam? You're actually naming that monster? Jesus Scarlett what's the matter with you? Why were you...associating yourself with that! He is not kind, he is not sweet or anything like that. He is the member of the undead!" I watched him and sighed;
"Edgar we killed the love of his life, the woman who had a hold of me...she was the love-" "no shit! You don't think I knew that? She was going to throw you at him so he could kill you and you're sympathising for him? Haven't I risked my life for you enough already?" I sighed and looked at him, before I was able to respond he was at the door;

"you disgust me, it's either me or him Scarlett! And if you choose that thing, then you leave this hotel right now and don't you dare come crying to me if he changes his mind about you. I hope he rips your heart out through your throat, then you'll know how I feel" he left, slamming the door behind him.
We didn't speak for the rest of the day, Edgar felt the need to go patrolling alone, he didn't want to be near me, he couldn't look at me: honestly, I thought it was best he wasn't in the house as this would give me time to think, but I was wrong. As soon as Edgar had driven away, Adam appeared.

"Think we're alone now" he smirked and moved closer behind me, I jumped when I'd heard his voice and backed away; "no...I can't do this with you Adam" he smirked as his leather gloved hand ran down my arm, the way he did in my dream, damn him! "ooh you sound so demanding, not. Why are you attempting to push me away when we both know that your dream from last night will soon become a reality?"

Was he serious? I didn't know how to respond, again my face began to burn, for the first time in my life I actually felt uncomfortable around him; "but that was a dream..." I said finally, however, Adam raised a brow and watched; "was it? You woke up in a pool of your own sweat, you don't get that unless you're very afraid, were you afraid of me, or were you just that happy with the way we made love?" I watched him as his right hand traced down my arm and stopped at my thigh, he pulled at the thin line of the material of my panties, I gasped and pushed him back; "I'm sorry, I can't do this..." god I wanted to though, and he knew it, he was only wanting me to admit it.

He began to massage my groin over the material of my panties; "just so you know...you're just a toy to me, not someone I'll fall in love with, my heart always has and always will belong to Eve. You're just a toy to me, nothing more, nothing less" I didn't know how to take these words of his, he didn't say them in a cruel tone, it was more like he was making a deal, as if I was signing a contract for this to happen. He spun me around so I was looking at the wall, he remained behind me, it was just like my dream; "now...where were we?" he whispered, god his breath was warmer now then it'd been in the dream, I couldn't speak, it was all too surreal for me.

Adam teased me with his fingers, keeping his gloves on the entire time, it was certainly arousing; "if you choose me over that selfish hunter...you can have this everyday..." he whispered against my neck, his voice became more husky than smooth and that's when I knew he'd changed, that was when I drew away, and unfortunately, that was when Edgar had returned, had time gone by that fast?

Things from here on end weren't going to be end happily, I had to make my decision. Before I could though, Edgar charged at Adam [who was now in his true form], and pushed him out of the window. The battle was on.