Housemates

Chapter 18

Marisa's POV:
I woke up with a crook sort of in my neck. I quickly recognized the marble and realized that I was still in the kitchen. I sat up and was a bit cranky. What was with vampires and not putting people in their beds?. How rude. I tiredly sat up and looked around the kitchen. No one was in here. Gale just decided to up and leave, that was very nice of him.
I hopped off the stool almost falling shoot I may be a little drunk but at least my headaches gone. I began walking to my room still wearing Jude's robe. I didn't hear a sound but the quiet of the house. Maybe they left me or they're having another family talk. I began swaying my head from side to side. I wanted to sing a song so I did.

Brad Paisley-Whiskey Lullaby
She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette
She broke his heart, he spent his whole life tryin' to forget
We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time
But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind
Until the night

He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away her memory
Life is short, but this time it was bigger
Than the strength he had to get up off his knees
We found him with his face down in the pillow
With a note that said, 'I'll love her till I die.'
And when we buried him beneath the willow
The angels sang a whiskey lulla-

The song took me halfway to my room but I was cut off when I heard clapping. I didn't see anybody which kind of put me on edge. I did a full 360 and still saw no one. I shrugged and kept on walking down the hall when someone spoke.
"You know you really don't get scared that easily." a girl's voice said. No was in front of me so I turned around and saw Penny standing there.
"What's the point of getting scared about such small things when the world we live in is the scariest of them all. You have to learn to get rid of fear some time in life whether it be when you're young or you're older." I told her. It came from my mouth so easily. I mean I lived most of my younger years fearing my parents until I got over it. Penny tilted her head.
" I never thought of it that way. Anyways you have a beautiful voice I would love to hear you sing again some time." she sounded so sweet. I smiled at her.
"Why of course but I think I'm going to go out soon. By chance do you know where your brother's are?" I asked her. She put a finger to her mouth and seemed to think about it.
"Last time I saw them they were out in the back playing basketball with each other. That was about ten minutes ago they could be at it all day if you needed one of them." Penny said.
"Isn't it day time?" I asked her.
"Yes and I know you're probably thinking why they're out there but vampires can go out during the daytime if it's on their own property. We can not attack a human that is visiting during the daylight hours though nor can we lure them into our home. We must be respectful." Penny told me. I nodded my head thinking this over. It became an awkward moment between us.
"Um where's Lucy?" I asked her. Penny's face seemed to change but it went back to a smile. I thought nothing of it.
"She's...around" Penny simply said. I didn't feel at ease by that.
"Uh alright then Penny I'll see you later." I told her. I turned back around and began to walk but was stopped by Penny's voice.
"Marisa" Penny called.
"Yes?" I said turning around. She gave me a sweet smile and I smiled back.
"Next time it would be best to stay out of our family matters and such." Her tone held a hint of darkness to it but it was covered by her sweet voice. The coldness in her eyes didn't match the sweet smile she plastered on her face. I gave a nervous smile. "You got that." I gave a small nod.
"Well bye now Marisa." she said cheerfully back to her somewhat normal self I suppose.
"Yeah uh Bye" I said and after that she was gone. I turned around.
"Okay what the hell was that?" I said out loud. "Alright that just never happened Marisa and Penny wasn't all weird." It clicked together in my mind."Alright that never happened."
I continued my walk to my room but I was still on edge about Penny. Something just wasn't right about those twins and since I wasn't a detective I wasn't going to get to the bottom of it. Maybe.