‹ Prequel: Fairy Tales

Ever After

Here

It had been a few weeks since I had seen anyone from home. As much as I tried to hide it,I was worried and upset by this. I knew it was good for the babies,but i couldn't help it.

"Milady,it's time to wake."Aria spoke,laying a hand on my arm.

"I'm awake,Aria."

"Very well.Your breakfast is on the table."She told me before leaving me.

I stood stretching,before holding my stomach and rubbing it slightly. one kicked.

"You have got to stop that,little one."I smiled before heading to take a shower and get dressed.

I wasn't looking forward to today. It was the Annual Spring festival of Faeries. All i have talked about this week with everyone was arrangements for the thing.

After I ate,I headed down the council room with a little difficulty.

"Good Morning,milady." I heard was I walked into the room.

"Morning."I muttered,trying to lower myself into my chair at the head of the table. Without being asked,Quinn,one of my favorite servants in the castle,helped me. I gave him a smile and a nod.

"Are preparations finished for the festival?"

"Yes,milady.Everything is in order. Festivities will start at seven this evening."

"Good. Are there any other matters to attend to at the moment?"

"Yes,ma'am. The matter of you reign."

"What of it?"

"It has been brought to our attention that you are a very fit ruler,but you do not want this. You are two months into your three month mandatory rule. If you wish to hand over the throne then we will start making arrangements for such occasion."

"I am very fond of Corrina and its people,but this is not my life.Not the one I know. I wish to give the throne to someone who knows the troubles and hardships to this world better than myself and have them led you into prosperity."

"Who do you have in mind,milady?"

"Kellen. I have spent much time with him lately and he has helped me greatly during my time. Not only will he rule wonderfully,I think it's time for Corrina to have a King again."

"Kellen will be first in line since that is what you wish."

"I will take my leave in one month to the day. I wish to oversee Kellen's crowning personally."

"Very well. We are dismissed for today."

With help from Quinn,I stood and went to meet Kellen in the garden outside the castle. I couldn't wait to tell him.

"Kellen."I greeted with a smile.

"Hey Ryane."

"I have some news for you."

"What would that be?"

"I know you talked about how much you love Corrina and hate all the suffering around here...Well,I decided to make you my successor."

"You what?! Oh my,I can't....This is the greatest! I'm so happy!"

"I knew you would be."I smiled as he hugged me.

"I promise I won't let you down."

"And I promise to come visit you when i can."I smiled at him.

"How is everything for tonight coming along?"

"Everything is ready. Are you bringing anyone to the festival?" I asked,watching him blush after my question.

"Ummm..well. No. I was gonna ask Aria,but i couldn't bring myself to do so."

"Oh,Kellen. I'll ask for you. I know she's not gonna say no. She talks about you sometimes. It's cute."

"She does?"He asked,tilting his head to the side.

"Mhmm...Actually she asked if you were taking anyone tonight. I was also curious. I told her I didn't think you were and she seemed relieved and a little upset."

"So...she-she likes me?"

"Duh." A wide grin broke out on his face.

"I'll be back!"He called running off into the castle.

I shook my head with a soft giggle before sitting down on the nearest bench. With a soft smile on my face,I looked up to the clouds. I was finally getting out of here,but there was still a lot to do. We had to teach Kellen everything about ruling Corrina and how to handle all the problems. I knew he could do it though. He would make a better ruler than I ever could,and I was thankful for that. I loved Corrina very much,but it wasn't my home. My home was California with my family and friends. With Jimmy.

I sighed at that thought. I hadn't seen Jimmy in nearly a month and I missed him dearly. I knew the guys weren't touring since they were in the studio making their third album.

My thoughts were broken by one to babies kicking me.

"Hey,little one."I smiled down at my stomach,rubbing it softly.

"You're not even here and you're already a handful. Daddy's little girl,aren't you?"

"She better be."I heard the familiar voice that make my heart leap say.

Looking up,I smiled brightly at the sight of Jimmy standing a few feet from me. I held my arms out to him and he walked over,helping me up before embracing me.

"I'm so sorry,baby. I've been busy with the album and the surprise I have for you at home."

"It's alright,sweetie."I muttered into his chest.

I smiled once more as he kissed my head before I heard someone shouting for me.

"Hey,Ry! She said yes!"Kellen said once he reached us.

"told you."I smiled at him,before one of the babies kicked again.

"Hey,I felt that. Be nice to Mommy."Jimmy said crouching down so he was level with my stomach."I love you,baby girl,but you gotta be nice to Mommy."

"Anyway,it's about time to get ready for the festival."Kellen said."See you guys later."
Ryane

Not only did Jimmy come,but Johnny and Illy did as well. I was happy to see Johnny. I had grown quite fond of him since he was married to my best friend and treated her like a goddess. She deserved it.

At the moment,we were currently in the dining hall of the castle. Soon,we were to head into the village for the real festival.

"It's cool to see a race still be so into their traditions."Johnny smiled.

"I know,right?Faeries have always been this way though. It is nice to see."I smiled.

"We need to do this more often.Like at home and shit."Jimmy grinned.

"Watch this."I whispered to him before yelling."All Hail Corrina!"

"All Hail Corrina!"Everyone chorused back at me,raising drinks.

"That's so cool!" Jimmy replied,making me giggle.

"Time to go,milady."Quinn told me,quietly.I nodded before standing with Jimmy's help.

"My dear people,the time has come to head to the village to engage in the merriment and prosperity of Corrina. Be merry,drink,tell tales,and enjoy!" I spoke,getting a cheer in return as faeries started filing out of the castle.

Down in the village,Illy and I watched as Jimmy and Johnny played games and did things with some of the kids,trying different kinds of sweets and baked goods.

"Are you doing well?"Illy asked,as I grabbed my stomach.

"Fine. Just active little babies."

"Ah,yes. It should be any day now,with the way your daughter is growing."

"Any day?"I asked as I felt a sharp pain."Ow."

"Are you okay,baby?"Jimmy asked as he walked back to us with Johnny.

"Fine,I think."I answered as the pain moved to my back.

"Does it hurt?"

"Yeah,my stomach and my back. Both of them keep moving too. That usually doesn't happen. It's one or the other."

"Oh my,looks like today is 'any day."

"What?"Jimmy and I both questioned.

"You're going into labour."Illy smiled.

"Oh my god!"Jimmy yelled before jumping up and down.

"Get Quinn."I said before another wave of pain shot through me."Now!"

A few moments later,Quinn was at my side.

"Illy,I'm not gonna be able to get back to California,am I?"

"It's best if we try not to."

"Quinn,go with Johnny and inform my friends and family I'm going into labour and get them here."

"Yes,milady."He nodded before Johnny formed and raced off,Quinn flying not far behind.

"I need to get back to the castle." I bite back a gasp as Jimmy and Illy guided me towards the castle. A minute of walking,Jimmy carefully picked me up and carried me to my chambers,laying me down.

"Illy,anything you need,just tell anyone to get it for you. They know not to question your orders."

Illy nodded before leaving the room after telling me I should change into something more comfortable.Jimmy help me change into a plain black short nightgown I had before helping me lay back down and laying next to me.

"They're gonna be here soon. I'm so happy,baby."He said,kissing my hand.

"Me too,sweetie."I smiled at him,kissing him before I heard yelling and someone run into the room.

"Good,you haven't had them yet.I wasn't gonna miss this." Brian grinned at me.

"Nice to see you too,Bri."I smiled as he hugged me gently.

"I've missed you and now you get to come back home."He smirked.

"Considering Kellen is taking over anyway and everything is ready for him.Well,almost."

"Sooo...what are my niece and nephew's names?"

"Ummm...."

"Harley and Hanna."Jimmy answered."I mean....if you're okay with that?"

"I like them."I smiled at him."Harley James and Hanna Rae."