Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

The consequences of giving in.

Oli couldn't keep his eyes off the girl once the party was in full swing. He didn't know if it was because he didn't want any other guy to mess with her, or because he had several drinks by now. Either way it was like he couldn't stop.

"Oli, jesus! Go over to her instead of looking like a creep!" Tom said knocking him out of his thoughts.

His eyes immediately met his brother's and Tom smirked, "Yes, you look like a creep. Like you don't know her."

"Fine." He grumbled sitting his empty beer bottle down and walking over to the girl who was with Heather. He would have decided against it at any other time, but since he was a bit buzzed he didn't care.

"Hey love." He whispered sliding his arm over her waist from behind. She didn't even seem to budge which calmed him a bit since Heather was glaring at him.

"Drinking?" She asked, smelling the alcohol on the boy and he chuckled, "Detective?"

She giggled and he smiled against her hair, sliding his other arm around her to hold her closer.

Heather rolled her eyes and decided to walk away instead of speaking since she swore she'd only be nice.

"Was that her being nice?" Oli asked and the girl turned in his arms.

"Take it or leave it."

He grinned and pulled her into him, "Fine, I'll take it. For you. You're the only one I'd do it for."

A blush hit her cheeks an he pressed his lips to her forehead.

"Are you drunk?" She asked and he grinned, "Nah, just a bit buzzed. No big deal, love."

"Do you want to go home?"

"Will you be there?"

"Well, you did drive me."

"Mhm." He mumbled, running the back of his fingers against her cheek. Their eyes met and he bit his bottom lip as he took in her green eyes and the feeling of her skin.

"I want to kiss you again so badly." He whispered softly.

"I'm not stopping you..." She boldly replied and he breathed in deeply, "Too many people around. Drama would hit."

She nodded and he forced himself back from her and grabbed her hand, "Let's go."

She didn't reply just let him pull her through the sea of people and out the door to his car.

"Should I drive?"

Oli let out a laugh and Emerson glared at him and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Love, I'm not drunk. No way would I ever let you drive my car anywhere."

"I hate you."

"Mhm." He responded with a chuckle as he stepped to her.

"Unfortunately, I can't hate you." He added, placing his hands on each side of her against the car.

She looked up at him and he breathed in, "You know, I think, maybe if you weren't so great I wouldn't like you, but you have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen..." He whispered leaning in to her, "and a laugh I wouldn't mind hearing all the time. So I don't think I could ever not like you."

She tried to control her nerves she felt creeping in as his face grew closer to hers. He brought one of his hands into her hair and he slowly pressed his lips to hers. The kiss wasn't as rushed before and Emerson felt like she would float away as his lips firmly molded with hers.

"I want to go home and kiss you more. A lot more." He spoke against her lips as he tried to calm herself down.

Emerson nodded immediately and he kissed her gently. He knew he shouldn't but the thought of her in his bed made him shiver with excitement.

Without a word the two climbed into his car and he didn't question much when he held her hand on the drive to his home. He felt, happy. Content mostly. He welcomed it really.

Once in his house he locked the door behind them and eyed her trying to decide if she was now nervous at his words. He really didn't mean it to mean more than what was said. He wouldn't dare take advantage of her. He hoped she knew that.

He slid his fingers in between hers gently and led her up the stairs to his room. Emerson was now nervous. She didn't know what would happen and she really didn't know how far she was willing to let this go.

"Don't look so nervous, love." He whispered kicking his shoes off before sitting the girl effortlessly on the bed. She chuckled and an amused grin hit his lips as he pulled off her flats.

"I'm not going to do anything you don't want to do, Em. Relax." He whispered which surprisingly seemed to calm her. She trusted him whether anyone thought she should or not.

He brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead before laying on his back. She sighed and looked down at the boy who placed his arms under his head, a weak grin still on his lips.

"What are you smiling at?" She asked and he shrugged, "Dunno love. Neva been in my room just chilling with a girl. I feel like a teenager again or something. It's nice."

"Uh, yeah?"

Oli laughed, "It is. Then again, I'd hang out with you anywhere." He whispered as he shut his eyes. The beer he had consumed and the feeling he felt of being with her seemed to be taking over.

Emerson sat still, watching him in thought. She was glad he was so comfortable because she couldn't be. Knowing he had his lips on her minutes ago seemed to stir the nerves all over again.

"What's on your mind, Arizona?" He asked knowing she was in heavy thought without even opening his eyes.

"Nothing." She whispered as she looked down at her fingers that traced patterns on the fabric below her.

"Nothing. Unbelievable. You're always thinking. It's what you do."

She shrugged although he couldn't see her and once a few more seconds of silence passed he opened his eyes to assess the situation.

"Em..." He whispered and her eyes met his, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I promise."

His eyebrows narrowed together as he tried to believe her words, but came up short.

"Stop it."

"Huh?"

"Stop over thinking everything."

"I'm not..." She fumbled out a bit surprised by his words.

"You are. I know you. Either say what you're thinking or talk about something else."

"No."

"So you are thinking of something..." He mused as he set up on his elbows. Emerson rolled her eyes and he smiled, "What is it? Out with it."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Stop holding everything in Em! It drives me insane and it has to drive you insane!"

"Not really..."

Oli groaned and fell back on the pillow, "You are the most amazing, impossible woman I've ever met. How is that possible?"

"Good question."

He chuckled and reached out quickly, pulling her down to him which seemed to take her by surprise.

"Fine. Were you thinking about the party?" He asked softly and she managed to shake her head no.

"No, ok. Heatha?"

She shook her head no again and he brushed her hair behind her ear, "Our kiss?" He boldly asked and she bit her bottom lip. He couldn't stop his thumb from falling to her lip, "Stop doing that. You do that when your nervous which is apparently a bloody lot now that I think about it."

A blush hit her cheeks immediately and he sighed, stroking her cheek softly as he did so.

"So, um, about that kissing..." He whispered raising up to touch her lips with his. She seemed to be more comfortable with kissing him now and he couldn't say he didn't like it. He slowly pulled her on top of him, resting his hands on her hips as their tongues fault for dominance.

"Emason, if you start to feel uncomfortable tell me to stop. I will. I promise." He said sincerely as she stared up at him after he gently laid her back on the bed.

She couldn't fight the smile that hit her lips. How anyone thought he was anything but a gentleman she'd never know.

"I know."

"I mean, we aren't going to have sex, but my hands might wonder. I am a guy afterall and seriously, if you're uncomfortable tell me." He said, his eyes filled with the fear of crossing a line with her.

"Oliver..." She spoke softly as she placed her hands on his cheeks, "Why are you so nervous to kiss me? You know I've kissed people before right?"

"Well, yeah. I just...you know how I feel about you. I want you to feel comfortable with me, to trust me."

"I do trust you."

"Too much really..." He mumbled as he stared at her, his own thoughts seeming to take over his good mood.

He gently pulled away from her and sat up with a sigh, running his fingers into his dark hair.

"What's wrong?" Emerson asked as she sat up quickly, uncertain what got to him.

"Nothing." He whispered rubbing his face and she sat up on her knees.

"You're a terrible liar."

"I should take you home." He responded, ignoring her words.

"Why?"

"Because, I swore I wouldn't do this."

"Kiss me?"

"That! Everything!"

"Well stop fighting it!" She said raising her voice a bit which got his attention.

"Stop hanging out with me!" He finally responded and once the room grew quiet again he felt like he was sufficiating. Emerson felt her chest tighten as she tried to keep in her emotions from his words which had a bigger effect on her than she thought it would.

"Ok." She mumbled climbing from the bed and he immediately regretted his choice of words.

"No, Em, wait." He spoke quickly, grabbing at her wrist instantly.

"Just take me home."

"I didn't mean that. You know that. I want you around."

"And yet you want to blame me..."

"I'm not blaming you." He mumbled and she shook her head, "Yeah, you are. Like it's my fault you like me! I like you Oliver. I do. You make me feel happy and comfortable and loved which may not mean much to you, but it means a lot to me and if you want to keep your distance then just do it already because this isn't fair." She said yanking her arm from him as her voice quivered.

Oli quickly moved from the bed to block her from the door.

"Em... I get that. I fucking do. I feel all that with you and more. You make me feel alive. For once I feel like I have something in me worth showing. I feel good with you. I feel like, no one can bring me down when I'm with you because you make me believe in what you see in me. That means more to me than you know. That's why I want you around. That's why I'm terrified to ruin this. That's why I can't let this get too far even though I want to!"

Emerson crossed her arms and looked away from his sad eyes. She could feel herself giving into him already.

"You mean so much to me, Em." He whispered, "Whether you believe me or not, I just truly do not want to hurt you and I know I will. I've hurt people that I would kill to have around today and I can't lose you like that. Not you. You're too special to me. I'm sorry I kissed you. You make it so hard. I swear I'll try not to. Honest. Just don't leave me." He said with such sincerity that she had no choice but to look at him. He knew he almost sound desperate at this point, but he didn't care. He had to be with her.

"But just know, even though I won't let us be something, I will never look at another girl the way I look at you. I'm falling in love with you Em. Every single part of you has completely mesmorized me. So if that's what you're worried about, don't. My heart is only yours. I can promise you that." He whispered out, a bit embarrassed really. He wasn't one to show his feelings like this but he felt like it was this or be without her and he had to do what he had to do.

Emerson could now not breathe at all. She really didn't know how to react. Then again, she hadn't had time to process it all.

"Then, why can't we at least try?" She managed to ask and he shook his head no, "Because Em. We've went ova this before. You know why. Just, see otha people if that will make it easier..." He forced himself to say because the thought of her with someone else made him infuriated.

"Oliver! I don't want to date anyone because did you ever think that maybe I am falling for you as well?!" She asked throwing her hands up and he grasped the frame of the door tighter.

"Don't. Don't say that. Seriously, Emason. You aren't. I promise you that. Every girl always thinks they are, but that's quickly dismissed after a while..."

Emerson groaned in anger as she rolled her eyes, "Shut up, Oli! That doesn't apply to me! I'd say I know you pretty well!"

"Maybe so! Ok?! Maybe! But for once just fucking listen to me!" Once the words left his mouth he didn't even have time to apologize for his raised voice before her lips were on his. He wrapped her in his arms as her's went around his neck.

"Why are you so bloody stubborn?!" He asked between their heated kisses as he walked her back to the bed.

"So bloody stubborn." He mumbled, kissing everywhere he could as he crawled on top of her once he dragged her on the bed.

"This is the..." He grumbled not able to finish as she ran her hand down his side under his shirt. He groaned and tried to think clearly.

"...the last time." He breathed out as she kissed over his neck.

"Right." She replied as their lips met once more and he grasped at her shirt.

Oli wish he could say he regretted their make out session, but even with swollen lips and lack of clothing he knew he loved her even more and regret was not something he did.

The pair laid beside each other panting and he covered his face with his hand.

"I really, really wish I hated that."

She looked over at him and he found her hand with his free one, giving it a light squeeze.

"Why is kissing you so good?" He grumbled more to himself than her. She didn't respond just cuddled into his side not sure why she was so comfortable with him even if her shirt was missing as well.

He gave in like he assumed he would and turned on his side, wrapping her up tightly in his arms.

"I didn't think you had it in you."

Emerson giggled and a smile lined his lips, "What?! You really took me off guard!...pretty sexy..."

The girl buried her face in his chest and he ran his fingers down her back slowly as he tried to not over think this happy moment.

"We're not going to be togetha, Em. I hate repeating myself and sounding like an arse, but just trust me, ok? We will find you a nice lad somewhere..." He whispered and she hummed causing him to sigh, knowing she was in fact asleep.

What had he done besides make things more complicated?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd say Emerson is starting to speak up a bit, yeah? Damn Oli and his stubborn ways! ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Kristinaamo
The-tonyperry
Abmora01 (Very true! Ha.)
MedicatedDreams
Rachemical
TravelerSoul (Ah thank you!! Your comment made my day! :3)
TheSun
BoountyWarrior (She did get a little bolder in this chapter that should make you happier!! Lol)
:)