Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Good vs bad.

Although Oliver and Emerson both swore they weren't going to go to the party, after several calls from Tom they finally gave in and unwillingly headed to the gathering.

"How did we get talked into this?" Emerson asked as they walked to the door.

"Tom got to you...and you say I'm the charmer." He responded and she elbowed him lightly causing him to chuckle softly before opening the door to the madness that awaited.

"Finally!" Tom shouted right as they walked in causing Oli to wince.

Emerson giggled from beside him and he slid his hand over hers afraid she would shy away and leave him alone.

"Are you intoxicated?"

Tom laughed, "Not quite. Need a drink?" He asked and Oli shrugged before the girl was pulled from his grasp.

"Come on little bird. I'll make you a drink, introduce you to some people because we both know Oli won't."

Oli shot him a look as he fought back the urge to pull her back to him.

"Relax Oli, I'm not goin to hurt her." Tom spoke with a smirk, able to read his brother whether the guy wanted him to or not.

Oli shrugged like he didn't care and made his way over to Lee all the while his eyes watched the pair leaving the room.

"Where's your bird?" Lee teased and Oli rolled his eyes, "With Tom. She's not my bird."

"Right..." Matt chimed in with a grin, "I mean, what's wrong with it? She's brill."

Oli shook his head once more. He really didn't want to talk about her or the situations he put himself in.

"Is Heatha here?" Oli asked as Matty walked up, holding out a beer for him.

"Oh yeah. She's around here somewhere. Beware."

Oli rolled his eyes, "I'm not really worried."

"Yeah, he's got Emason, his guardian angel to protect him." Lee joked and Oli ignored the laughter as he downed the beer. He just wanted to go find Emerson. It was easier when she was around.

Emerson stood next to Tom as he mixed a drink for her and talked about some of the people here which she wasn't paying attention to really. She watched a few people walk in and out of the kitchen before she was brought back to reality by Tom.

"Are you listening to me?" He asked with a grin and a blush hit her cheeks, "Oh sorry."

"I asked if you like Oli." He spoke softly as he held out the cup to her.

"Oh..." She fumbled out as she carefully grabbed the plastic cup.

"You don't have to tell me, I just figured you would want to tell someone."

Emerson chuckled, "Or that you want to know..."

"Both?"

Emerson grinned leaning against the counter. There was something about Tom that made her at ease. Then again, it must be a Sykes thing.

"Matty already knows..."

"What?! You told Matty first? He'll tell your sister."

"I didn't necessarily admit to anything."

"Oh, well, are you admitting to me?" Tom asked with a smile and Emerson laughed, "And if I do?"

"Your secret will be safe with me, dear."

Emerson breathed in as the boy stood there staring at her, waiting for any sort of response.

"Yeah, I do." She barely whispered and Tom's smile widened if possible.

"Yeah?"

Emerson nodded before taking a gulp of the alcohol mixture. She needed it that was for sure.

"I hope you don't honestly believe that he doesn't have feelings for you because it's a lie."

Emerson looked up at him and he grinned, "He talks to me, Em. I know a lot."

"Great..."

Tom laughed, "Nothing bad. Then again, he would never say anything bad about you. He thinks your heaven sent."

"I wish he didn't..."

"Right. Well, he fancies you. The fact that you have earned so much respect from him should be flattering. He's never treated a girl like this. It's pretty amusing really."

"Oh so he treats girls bad usually?"

Tom smirked, "Did I say that? Plus, would you believe it if I did?"

"Probably not..."

"Exactly. Come on before he comes to find me thinking I've left you somewhere alone." Tom responded placing his hand on her lower back and urging her out of the kitchen.

The pair found the small group back in the living room and Oli couldn't help but feel relief as she reached him. No telling what Tom was telling her and that nerved him.

"Hey you. He didn't scare you did he?" Oli asked softly and she chuckled, "No. I like him."

"Mhm." Oli mumbled as his eyes went to Tom who was already in a conversation with Matt. What form of like was she referring to?

"I see Heather. I'm going to go try and talk to her."

Oli's eyes immediately went back to the girl's and Emerson grinned, "Be back."

The boy nodded and watched her leave for a second time. This was all too much drama for him in one night.

Emerson made her way to her sister who was standing with Matty and another girl she didn't know.

"Oh didn't know you were coming." Heather stated, surprised to see her.

"Yeah, change in plans. Can we talk?"

"Is this about Oliver?" Her sister asked boringly and Emerson shrugged, "About a few things."

Heather rolled her eyes before leading the girl outside where the two could hear better.

"What is it?" Heather asked, crossing her arms as soon as the door shut.

"Can you just be nice to Oli? It's putting Matty in an uncomfortable situation and despite the things Oli has done, he's different now. Give him a chance."

"It's typical of you to fall in love with someone who can't be fixed."

"He doesn't need fixing."

"Yes he does! And it's just like you to gravitate towards someone like him! Someone who has no chance in being good and you think you can fix them, but you can't. He's always been that way, Emerson! He isn't going to change because of an overly, optimistic girl!"

Emerson glared at her sister, unable to find the words she really wanted to say. She wasn't good at being anything but nice.

"But fine. I'll be nice. When he screws you over just like he's done every other girl he's ever came in contact with, don't come crying to me!" Heather added before entering the house, slamming the door behind her in the process.

Emerson sighed and sat down on the step. She didn't think Oli was broken, or that he had a problem. If anything, he was just misunderstood and why should she stop talking to him because of that? Especially when she herself was misunderstood.

Before she even had time to collect herself and go back in, the door opened and out stepped Oli with a worried look on his face.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked as he closed the door so quietly she questioned if he closed it at all.

"Oh yeah..."

He sat beside her and she fiddled with her fingers in order to avoid his gaze.

"What happened?"

"Nothing really. She said she will be nice."

"And what else? Because if it was just that you'd be acting differently."

A weak grin hit her lips, "She just said it was typical of me to like someone like you because I always want to fix people who can't be fixed."

Oli frowned, "Do you think that?"

"No."

Oli nodded as his eyebrows furrowed together in thought.

"I think you're fine."

"Did you tell her that's why I won't be with you? I don't think that makes me that bad of a person if I'm not being with you because I don't want to hurt you."

Emerson shook her head no not really wanting to go into that conversation again.

"Although I want to. I mean, I've never found myself wanting to be in a relationship as badly as I do with you." He added sliding his arm around her waist. He didn't want to hurt her feelings even if he really meant his last sentence.

She looked up at him and he pressed his lips to her cheek.

"I'm not stopping you, you know? I mean, if you eva don't want to be around me. Just tell me. I can handle it."

"I know."

"I just kind of hope you like being around me..."

"Clearly I do, Oliver."

"I know...and you know I love being around you." He whispered back and she nodded.

He brought his hand to her cheek and the pair stared at each other for what felt like forever thanks to the nerves consuming them both.

"Fuck it." He mumbled before crashing his lips to hers. As soon as Emerson registered what was happening, he was pulling her closer not yet regretting his decision.

"I'm sorry." He finally whispered once they pulled a part. He relaxed his forehead against hers as both tried to regulate their breathing.

"Stop apologizing."

He pecked her lips once more and she didn't dare to open her eyes. She felt that if she did all this would disappear and the moment felt too perfect to ruin just yet.

Oli pulled her into his lap gently and pressed his face against her neck as his grasp on her tightened.

"You confuse me." She boldly stated and he sighed, "I know, love. I confuse myself and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I'm putting you through this."

"You like me."

"I do."

"And I like you."

"I know."

"So this is beyond confusing."

Oli let out a sigh and raised up to look at her, "You can't handle being with me."

"I can't?"

"No. I tour a lot, and rumors get started and I've had tons of relationships ruined over that shit and plus, I'm not going to be able to make you happy. I mean, you're you. You're perfect and you can do way betta than me. That I am certain of."

"I wish you would stop saying that." Emerson mumbled as she ran her fingers into his hair.

"It's true." He managed to get out.

"It is not. You need to give yourself more credit."

Oli let out a laugh, "I'm not saying I'm a bad person, I'm just saying I'm not good enough for you."

"Who said?"

"I know so."

"You're the good girl. I'm the bad boy. It's just facts."

"I don't think your bad."

Oli grinned, "I have bad tendencies."

"Don't we all?"

"Why can't you accept that not everyone is good?"

"Because I believe we are what we want to be and deep down everyone wants to be good. I know everyone has it in them."

"And how many times have you been hurt over that?" He asked seriously and she shrugged, looking away from his dark eyes.

"You can't give up hope because a few people hurt you. You don't stop loving someone who broke your heart now do you?"

"I guess not..." He whispered as he stared at the girl before him. Her eyes were aimlessly staring into the night and his mind was racing. She always made him question everything he once was certain of and he loved it and hated it all at the same time.

"You're the most amazing girl I've eva met."

The words fell from his lips before he even managed to think them through and he knew his cheeks were now a bit flushed. It's just what she did to him. She made him feel so young in the sense that she reminded him of what the innocence of liking someone use to be like before age and life got in the way.

"Am not." She replied a bit embarrassed by his words, but she knew he knew her well enough to know she was blushing so she didn't bother hiding her face.

"Give yourself some credit, isn't that what you told me?"

A smile lined the girl's lips, "Touché."

Oli chuckled before pressing his lips to her temple, "Shall we go back?"

Emerson forced herself to nod and he gently pushed her from his lap in order to stand on his feet. His hand managed to stand firmly on her waist even after they re-entered the house.

Maybe he could be worthy of her. She was making him question what was holding him back that was for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
I literally have 5 active stories. How I am always able to update this one every week I'll never understand...I must love it the most. :3

Thanks for commenting;
Gracieistired
Glass-Eclipse
Caitlindye
BoountyWarrior (Hahaha that was seriously the best comment ever.)
Wowfairy13