Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Catch me if you can.

Oliver forced himself from the bed, following after the dark headed girl as quickly as his feet would allow.

"Ema..." He managed to get out as he came up behind the girl and wrapped his tattooed arms around her waist causing her to stop in the middle of the living room without much choice.

Emerson crossed her arms over her chest, trying to keep her tears in. She wasn't cut out to be bold and outspoken. She was too sensitive for it. Just telling him he was hurting her was enough to bring all the emotion to the surface.

"Why must it be a relationship?" He whispered relaxing his chin on her shoulder as he held her close.

"You're the only girl in me life. The only one I want."

"Then that makes no sense."

"Yes it does. I just, being in a relationship is a lot of pressure for me. I don't deserve you. I feel like I have you now, but in enough distance so I want break your heart. I'm sorry you're hurt. I'm trying so hard not to." He whispered against her ear and she had to close her eyes in order to just focus on her breathing. She didn't want to hear what he had to say anymore. It was becoming so repetative.

"Em?" He added realizing there wasn't going to be a response. The girl pulled his hands from her body and he sighed allowing her to do so.

"Emason..."

"Ok. I get it." She finally spoke as she headed to the kitchen, ignoring his presence.

Oli fiddled with his hands nervously as his mind raced with what to do. She was making him nervous. This wasn't his Emerson he was use to.

"Should I go?" He asked once she returned, water bottle in hand.

The girl shrugged, "Whatever you want." She replied as she headed back to her room.

Oli breathed in, racking his fingers through his messy hair. This was getting worse by the minute and he felt himself starting to panic. He quickly headed to her bedroom where the girl was sitting on the bed.

"So it's all or nothing?" He asked and she looked over at him. She blinked not bothering to speak and he groaned, "Really Em? I mean, what if I wouldn't have had moments of weakness and kissed you? Or told you how I feel? Would this be an issue?"

"It doesn't matter now does it? We can't go back." She mumbled as she looked down at the blanket she was sitting on.

"I don't want to lose you."

"Then don't."

Oli groaned, "Please don't do this to me. You act like I'm doing this to spite you, I'm doing this for you. I want to protect you and keep you sweet and innocent and beautiful. I just, I'm already ruining you. Look at you. And I just, I love you the way I met you. Just get over me. Please. I'm begging you. I'll be fine so don't worry bout me."

Emerson shook her head furiously as her now serious eyes met his, "No."

Oli groaned and covered his face with his hands, "Fine. I'll do it then. We can't see each other anymore, Em." He spoke before removing his hands and reaching for his jacket that laid on a chair near the bed.

"You don't mean that."

Oli slid his arms into the dark jacket trying not to look at her knowing his hard exterior would crumble.

"I do. It's for the best. No more hanging out alone or texting or spending the night with each other. I just can't. You can't."

Emerson studied him, her heart racing in her chest, unsure if he was sure about his words or not.

"I'm going to go. Bye." He mumbled forcing himself to stare straight ahead as he left the room.

Emerson quickly climbed from the bed and fled from her room to stop him from leaving. She feared this really would be the end.

"Why are you so scared of everything?" She called out placing her hands on her hips and the boy stopped right as he reached the door.

"You act like such a hard ass and yet you're scared."

Oli breathed in and turned to face the girl, "I am not scared."

"You are a liar as well."

"Oh please stop pretending like you know me."

"Oh please stop trying to push me away."

Oli crossed his arms nervously although he tried not to show it.

"Well please continue to try and get a rise out of me." He spoke smoothly.

"Ugh! I swear. You drive me insane. How I love you I'll never know! You're not even that cute!" She spoke without thinking, throwing her hands up in the process.

Oli stopped breathing as he watched her tantrum play out before him. Once her words resinated in her head her face flushed pink and she cursed herself for being so stupid.

Oli's dark eyes locked with hers and he didn't know what happened but before he knew it he was in front of her, his lips pressing to hers immediately.

"I'm sorry. I..." She breathed out and he brought his hand to her cheek, "Don't." He mumbled against her lips and she didn't bother to speak again, just focused on his lips on hers.

"Do you love me?" He whispered once the kissing came to a stop and he had't dared let her go.

"Would it matter?"

"Would change things greatly."

"How so?"

Oli sighed and grasped at her hips, as his eyes scanned over her face in thought.

"I really wish you didn't, but I can't help but love how it sounded."

Emerson blushed as she looked away from his stare.

"Hey..." He whispered placing his hand on her cheek, "don't you want to know how I feel?"

"I think I'm well aware."

"I don't think so."

Her eyes met his and he kissed her cheek, "You drive me mad."

"But? There is always a but. Let's not beat around it anymore."

Oli breathed in as he tried to find the right words.

She chuckled softly and pulled back from him, "I'm tired, ok? So if you do leave just lock the door."

Oli watched her leave the room and he sighed before reaching behind him and locking the door back. He knew he didn't want to leave her now although he knew he should. After several minutes of thinking out his decision he walked to her room where she was already cuddled in her bed. He didn't bother to speak, just took off his jacket and kicked off his shoes before sliding into bed with her. The girl didn't dare move as he slid his arm around her gently and pressed his lips to her cheek before relaxing against the pillow.

"Why didn't you leave?"

Oli sighed and shut his eyes tightly, "I don't know, I just, can't. I can't."

"Good excuse."

"Stop being rude. It doesn't suite you."

Emerson rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath as she tugged the cover up to her chin and tried to put more space between them.

Oli sighed and laid on his back, staring up at the ceiling. In all honesty, he wanted what she wanted, he just didn't know how to make it happen. It just seemed selfish to be with her when he knew she could do better. That was really what stopped him. He wasn't good enough. Once Emerson was asleep, he slid from the bed and walked softly to the living room. Oli sat down on the couch as his mind seemed to go into overload. He needed to sort everything out.

While he was in the thought he was startled by Heather and Matty sneaking in quietly.

"Damn Oli, scared the shit outta me." Matty spoke as he turned the light on and finally saw the boy. Heather didn't bother to speak just headed to her room which the boy was thankful for.

"Why are you sittin' in here alone?" Matty questioned as he fell beside him on the couch.

"Just have a lot on my mind."

"Would it have to do with a certain girl?"

Oli simply nodded and Matty sighed, "Mate, I get it. I do. You're scared and that's ok, but you need to give yourself more credit. She's good for you and you are amazing to her. Just give it a shot to work instead of completely dismissing it."

Oli sighed as he stared at his hands. Matty patted his back before moving from his seat

"All I'm saying is, if you really wanted away from her you wouldn't be here right now."

Oli looked up at Matty who gave him a weak grin before heading to Heather's room.

Matty was right. Oli just needed to give in and go for it. What did he have to lose?
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter should make everyone a little more happier I swear. ;)

Thanks for commenting;
ShaniceJillian
WhoAreYouJudy (I'm glad...bro. ha.)
ShaButie2113
BoountyWarrior
TravelerSoul (Next chapter should calm your anger issues!!)
Victims0facrime
Abmora01
Rachemical (Thanks, I'm glad! :) )