Status: Yep. Another Sykes story.

They Say

Making up.

Emerson was a nervous wreck. She paced the living room back and forth as she waited for Oli to walk through the door. She really was nervous simply because she didn't know what to expect. Would he be mad? Would he act like nothing happened? It really was driving her insane.

In the middle of her thoughts, the front door opened and she came to a stop, watching as the familiar boy walked in, his bags in tow. Their eyes met and she re-framed from running over and tackling him like she wanted to just because she missed him so much.

He shut the door with his foot. His bag falling to the floor and she crossed her arms not sure how to even react at this point. He didn't even bother to speak, just closed the gap between them and wrapped her in his arms. She relaxed against his body, taking in the smell of him and the way he felt.

"I've missed you." He grumbled into her hair and she didn't bother to respond, just closed her eyes in relief.

"We really need to talk though, love." He whispered as he stroked her hair lightly.

"I know."

He finally removed his arms, her eyes meeting his once they parted. He slid his hand to her cheek, not wasting time to kiss her. He had missed her regardless of what she assumed.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" She asked softly as he pulled her to the couch.

"I think you know what."

She sighed and he placed his arm on the back of the couch, "Em, let me clear something up. I feel like what I said was taken in a way I didn't mean for it to be. I don't want you to think that I want you to leave. I didn't mean it to sound like that. Of course I want you here. I love you, but I want you to make your own decisions. I want you to do what you want. I don't want me to influence you in anyway and not going because of me will kill me because that is your dream."

"Yeah, Oli, you're right it is, but dreams can change you know?"

"Have yours?" He asked with a serious look and she shrugged with a grin, "In a way."

"What does that mean exactly?"

"Meaning I love art. I do. It's honestly the one thing that makes me happy, makes me feel alive, but I won't be happy in Arizona. Heather's here. I've made friends here. You're here. I just realize that all of that is more important to me than art school."

A frown immediately hit his lips, "But that makes me a reason, Em."

"But it isn't the only reason. It's just a bonus really."

Oli scoffed, "Right..."

"I can go to school here if I wanted to, Oli. I mean, after a while at the gallery I could save enough money to do just that."

Oli rolled his eyes as he relaxed against the couch. His mind racing with how he could get her to do what her heart really wanted. He knew what she was saying wasn't true no matter how many times she said it.

"So you aren't leaving?" He finally asked and she bit her bottom lip as she shook her head no. She knew she wasn't. She had made up her mind last night and in fact had already emailed her parents telling her she was declining their offer.

He groaned and ran his hand down his face.

"I mean, I don't know what you want me to say."

He looked over at her and she stared at him waiting for some sort of words to leave his mouth.

"Fine, you can stay under one condition."

"I didn't ask you if I could, but go on..."

"Fine, I won't be mad that you stayed if you allow me to pay for schooling here."

"What? No. I can do it myself."

"Yeah, and it will take forever. So let me do this."

"No." She refused with a shake of her head.

"Then no."

"You really can't tell me to go. I mean, sure I can leave your house, but I can still stay in Sheffield, Oliver."

He narrowed his eyes at her, "Are you really going to fight me on this?"

"Yeah I am because I can do things by myself!"

"I'm not saying you can't, I'm just making it happen quicker than you can!"

Emerson rolled her eyes and moved off the couch, "You frustrate me."

"I frustrate you? Em, come on, you are being unreasonable. You can pay me back if you'd like. Would that make you feel better?"

"No, it wouldn't."

"Why not?!"

"I don't want to owe you anything, Oli."

"Owe me? I offered to pay it for free at first, remember?"

She shook her head as she pushed herself from the couch, "And then what happens if we break up?"

"Are we planning to do that?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and she rolled her eyes, "We don't know what could happen, Oliver."

"And since when are you so negative, Emason?"

She shook her head and he moved from his seat, closing in the space between them.

"I feel like there's things I don't really know about you Em, which is fine, but whateva happened before with whoeva, it isn't me."

She stared up at him and he pulled her closer, "I love you, you know? And I really wish you'd let me help you. After all, it's not like I can't afford it. It's not a big deal. And I want you to stay just as much as you do, so please let me do this."

She stared up at him, internally in a debate with herself and Oli seemed to catch on to that.

"I know you are more than able to take care of yourself..."

"Good." She mumbled and he tried to force back a smile as he placed his hands on her shoulders, "Em, love..." He whispered, sliding his hands to her neck, "Just let me do this. Unless you are secretly planning to break up with me tomorrow."

She rolled her eyes and a grin hit his lips, "Is that a no?"

"Of course."

"Good, so, I'm not sure about universities around here, but I mean, we can do some research and I'm sure Tom would know a few places." He said with a smile as he removed his hands from her.

Emerson groaned as she fell onto the couch. She really hated depending on anyone for anything, but Oli was right, she wasn't planning to break up with him anytime soon and she could always pay him back.

"Can you just be happy?" He asked staring down at her.

"I've accepted it, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about this." She stated crossing her arms and he chuckled, "Fair enough I assume. So, we have a whole weekend together, what shall we do?" He asked pulling her up from the couch.

"I don't know, Sykes. You tell me." She stated, placing her arms around his neck.

He chuckled, "Well, I'm bound to think of something, but right now all I can think about is kissing you." He stated, leaning in to capture her lips which she didn't object to.

"That's fine." She mumbled against his lips and he smiled as he pulled her closer to his chest.

Emerson's fingers tangled into Oli's hair and his grasp on her waist seemed to tighten every kiss. He wasn't sure who initiated it, but before he knew it they were making out on his bed.

"You know what's funny..." He mumbled between placing kisses on her face.

"Mhm?"

"My house doesn't even smell the same anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Meaning it smells like you now."

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked staring up at him and he chuckled, "Not necessarily."

She didn't bother to respond and he leaned in kissing her cheek.

"How long are you here again?" She finally asked and he brushed back her hair, "Three days."

"Not long enough."

"No, it's really not..."

She weakly grinned up at him and he pressed his lips back to hers.

He wasn't sure how the next event took place, he had swore he wouldn't allow it to happen then again, things were different now. He was different now.

"Em, are-are you sure about this? I-I mean, like I've said before, there is no rush and..." He stated and a grin hit her lips simply because she couldn't help but think he was adorable in the moment.

"Why are you so nervous? Shouldn't I be?"

"Because Em, it's you and I don't know, I love you so..." He grumbled, rubbing the back of his neck.

She smiled and pulled him closer to her.

"I love you too." She whispered before kissing him. That alone seemed to calm Oli and the rest was history.

"Em?" He spoke gently, his fingers tracing her back as she laid against him.

"Mhm?"

"You know, I didn't come home just to sleep with you..."

A chuckle escaped her lips, "I am well aware."

"Stop laughing at me!"

She giggled once more and raised up to look at him, "I'm not."

"You are."

She pressed her lips to his cheek gently.

"You aren't going to like, I don't know, wake up in the morning and regret that happened are you?" He asked softly and she rolled her eyes, "Oliver. Chill the hell out will you? No, I'm not going to regret it, and I know you didn't just come here to sleep with me and yes, I am well aware that you love me. Relax. Please."

A frown hit his lips, "Sorry I'm just making sure nothing is going to go wrong."

"Such an over thinker."

A chuckle escaped his lips, "One of my best qualities."

"OH is that what it is?" She asked laughing and he smiled, "Yeah, some would say."

She giggled and fell back onto her pillow causing him to wrap her in his arms.

"I just want you to know how happy I am. You make me really happy." He whispered as she cuddled to his chest.

"You make me happy as well, Oli."

"Good to hear."

Emerson closed her eyes, taking in the feeling of his arms around her. This was why she couldn't leave. Sure, he would tour, but at the end of it all he would be coming home to her and that was something she couldn't pass up. She was certain she would never regret passing up art school for him, whether he thought so or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is the Epilogue. I didn't realize it was so close or I would have given a heads up, sorry! :( I just want everyone to know how happy I am for the amount of people who stuck with this story. I love you all.

I'm sure I'll start a new Oli story sooner than later. ;)

ALSO. I will be starting a new John O'Callaghan story soon, and I am wanting to find a co-writer, so if anyone is interested in doing so let me know!

Thanks for commenting, recommending, subscribing, etc! <3