Kids Are Forever

Alone Time Can Be Bad, Other Times Good

Kate’s POV
It had been hard to watch my son be so sick and make such a slow recovery. But with him finally opening back up to Evgeni I felt a lot more at ease to leave him.

“Hey,” Asher walked in and we had no clue what was going on.
“Hey what are you doing here? Aren’t you looking after the kids?” I frowned sitting up and honestly a little worried.
“Auntie V is looking after them so I can come and watch Clark so you and dad can go home and sleep.”
“As much as we would love to sweetie he really isn’t well.”
“Come on, I will keep him company. It’s not like you guys can do anymore than I can,” he was rather convincing.
“Evgeni,” he had sat staring at Clark the whole time, “do you want to go home and sleep?”
“Ok,” he didn’t really look like he liked the idea but I think he was too tired to argue it.

“Hey Clark sweetie,” I shook him lightly.
“Yeah,” he mumbled slowly opening his eyes.
“Asher is going to stay with you tonight ok?” I ran my hand through his hair.
“Ok.”

We reluctantly said our goodbyes and for the first time neither of us would be there to watch over our son as he slept.

Evgeni’s POV
“What you want for dinner?” I asked as Kate sat up on the kitchen bench.
“Well since the kids aren’t here we can have whatever we want,” she shrugged.
“That still not tell me what want,” I moved closer and she smiled with my touch.
“What if you’re what I want,” she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me to her.
“Well then that is easy solved,” I let my hands find her hips.

We had been so caught up lately up with the kids that we had forgotten about each other.

“Evgeni wait?” she stopped me pushing me back a little.
“What?” I curled an eyebrow at her.
“Why all of a sudden are you all over me? I mean just the other day you wouldn’t kiss me and now you want to have sex?” she slipped off the counter and began to walk away into the lounge room.
“Kate,” I followed after her, “what are you talking about?”
“Oh you know what I am talking about,” she yelled pulling her arm from my grasp.

I knew what she was talking about but why she was mentioning it now I had no clue.

“Don’t play dumb Evgeni. You have been shutting everyone out for months now not just because of Clark, him being sick has just given you a valid reason to push people away. You shut off and just when you begin to show some kind of hope that maybe everything will be alright you go and do it all over again. What happened to us, our life? What about being each other’s dream? Or was our wedding just some sick joke to you?”
“Kate,” I moved closer and lightly touched her arm trying not to scare her, “you are my dream, always have and always will be.”
“Well why do you keep pushing me away?” it was like she just snapped out of her anger and became calm.
“I am scared of everything changing, I am scared of losing you,” I put my head down in shame.
“Evgeni why would you think you are going to lose me?”

Kate’s POV
Why was he scared of losing me? I had been freaking out that I was the one going to lose him.

“Evgeni,” I sat down next to him on the ottoman as he began to get frustrated with himself.
“I always mess up,” he hunched over and clutched his hair, “I can’t do anything right. I can’t be a god father, I can’t be a good husband, I am a crap human being,” he tossed his phone in anger and if not for the kids bean bags it would have been in pieces from hitting the wall.
“Hey!” ok so sometimes I used my motherly voice on my husband but it was only because I didn’t know what else to do.

“I am the worst person ever,” he mumbled falling back onto the ottoman.
“No your not,” I turned over and laid down next to him.
“Yes I am,” he began to tear up.

Evgeni was the biggest softy in the entire world. He would do anything for his family and granted he had anger problems sometimes and he would do something dumb but he was only human.

“Evgeni,” I sighed getting up to straddle his lap so he had no where else to look but at me.
“Come on,” I pulled his arms from over his face, “you are the best father ever, why do you think the kids would rather hang out with you over their friends?” he tried to turn his head away but I grabbed his face in time, “and as for a husband you are better than anything I could have hoped for,” I lent down and captured his lips.

“You sure?” he pouted as I pulled away to sit up.
“Of course I am sure,” I got up and grabbed his hand to lead him upstairs through our childless house for the night to our bedroom.

“Now we can do this two ways…” he curled an eyebrow at me as I shut the door to keep the dog from coming in.
“Two?” he gulped as I pushed him down onto the bed and straddled his lap once again.
“You can show me how much I mean to you or I can walk back out that door… it’s that simple,” I walked my fingers down his chest to where he hitched in a breath when I reached the buckle of his jeans.
“As long as I am in charge,” he wrapped an arm around me and flipped us over pushing me into the mattress.
“I think I can let you have it your way this time,” I smiled as he attacked my neck.

How we had gone from jumping each other’s bones in the kitchen to yelling and fighting in the lounge room and then back to business in the bedroom in the space of about 10 minutes had me beat but I didn’t care. The feeling of his hands all over my skin made my body tremble, his kisses made me weak at the knees; his presence shattered my whole world. I loved this man no matter what we did, we were going to grow all together.