Kids Are Forever

You Have To Promise We Will Be Ok

Evgeni’s POV
Most kids love to play with all the toys when they go see the doctor but Clark, he wouldn’t stray as far as our out stretched arms.

I couldn’t help but be reminded of Asher and the times we spent in this hospital, sometimes at weeks on end. He was just a little kid and now he was all grown living a happy, healthy life. I could only hope for the same with Clark.

I was just glad this time I wouldn’t be going away, that I could say I would be there and keep my promise.

They started off with a chest x ray and Clark laid still all on his own, which surprised me. We must have caught him on a good day because he was happy to go along with whatever test the doctor threw his way.

“What it feel like?” I asked Clark as he watched the doctor put the gel on his chest for his ultrasound.
“It’s cold,” he smiled looking up at me.
“Does it feel weird?”
“Yeah,” he squirmed at the touch.

“Alright now if you look at the picture you will notice the left side of his heart muscle is thicker, so when his heart rate increases it is unable to pump the blood through efficiently.”
“Like it’s blocked?” Kate curled her eyebrows at him.
“Exactly.”
“So what can we do?” she continued questioning.
“Well he is going to have 24 hour monitoring of his heart beat and we will see from there, it’s seem as though it could be a little weak and if that is the case he with probably need surgery.”

I looked at my little guy standing between my legs as he played with my fingers because for some reason only known to him they were more fascinating than the toys in the corner. I didn’t want to see another one of my sons go through major surgery again. I just wanted him to be a normal kid.

Kate’s POV
“Mum what’s that on Clark?” Luka pointed to the little wire poking out the top of his shirt.
“It’s this thing and it reads my heart beat, it’s so cool,” Clark was rather excited about it, “see,” he took his shirt off to show them all the probes attached to his skin.
“Cool,” Nicky climbed up next to him, “they hurt?”
“No, they feel like stickers.”

“Alright you guys time for bed,” I ushered them up the stairs.
“But mum,” they all pestered.
“No buts, the twins have school, Zach and Nicky are going to spend the day with Uncle Sid and Clark has another doctor’s appointment.”
“Again,” he looked up at me with his little eyes.
“Yes, now come on bed.”

“You know it still not easy,” Evgeni grumbled as we slipped into bed.
“What’s still not easy?” I frowned.
“All the doctors,” he flicked the bedside light off and rolled over.
“Evgeni,” I laughed pitifully, “it’s not meant to be easy. In fact it’s going to be damn hard. Hey look at me,” I put my hand on his shoulder and got him to roll over and face me.

“Just look at me,” I laid down and cupped his face, “open your eyes,” I sighed and kissed his lips knowing he would give in to me.

“It’s going to be hard; it’s going to be hard on us, it’s going to be hard on the kids but we, it’s going to be hard on everyone but you have to promise me one thing.”
“What?” he eyes looked down at my lips.
“That whatever happens we don’t let it ruin us, we can’t,” I caressed the side of his face.
“Ok,” he cupped my cheek and kissed me hard on the lips.

“Really?” I breathed out as he pulled away.
“Kids asleep early, we not worry until tomorrow,” he smiled.
“Ok,” I let him have his way this time.

“Shhh,” he laughed as a moan slipped from my lips.
“Stop it then,” I slapped his arm as he smiled at me with that dumb grin of his.
“You not want, I can go sleep,” he began to sit up.
“No, if you move I will just jump you in your sleep,” I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.
“Oh really?” he raised his eyebrows at me.
“Yes really,” I grabbed his chin and pulled him to me for a long drawn out, passion filled kiss.

“Evgeni.”
“What?” he continued to kiss my neck.
“Did you lock the door?”
“No,” his head shot up, “you last one in.”
“Well go lock the door,” I muttered.
“Why not you?” he frowned.
“Just go,” I slapped his arm.
“You.”
“Do you want these or not?” his eyes trailed down to my breasts.
“Ok,” he scrambled from the bed over to the door.

He opened the door and checked that the coast was clear before shutting it in a hurry and flipping the lock.
“Get your fine ass back over here.”
“Ok,” I smiled as he climbed back into bed and crowded me into the mattress.
“I love you,” I wrapped my arms around his neck.
“I love you too,” he locked our lips together, “forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I felt like maybe these two needed a little love in their life while all this chaos happened around them because everyone loves the adorable couple