Girl On Fire

Lashing Out.

“Excuse me Alex, this doesn’t really pertain to you.” I said giving him a small smile before looking over at Jack. “Don’t act like you have no idea what this could be about.” I said laughing slightly as I tried to control the tears forming at the brim.

He looked over at Alex and then back at me. He shrugged. “Am I supposed to know?” He asked confused.

I blew a piece of hair out of my face and laughed. “Please describe how I looked when I was in high school.” I said simply.

Jacks face instantly changed. Guilt flooded his face. “Alanna-“. He started before I cut him off.

“You’re a fucking asshole. All of you!” I said screaming, even at Alex this time.

Jack’s mouth just hung open before Rian and Zack entered the room.

“I’m confused.” Alex said looking between Jack and I.

I rolled my eyes.

“Look I’m sorry-“ Jack started before I cut him off again.

“Save it, I don’t want to fucking hear it. I don’t want to hear the same fucking apology I hear from everyone else now.” I continued yelling.

“You okay?” Rian asked confused.

“Why are you crying?” Zack asked as his faced softened.

I laughed as the tears streamed down my face. “No as a matter of fact. Call me a cab. I want to go home.” I said throwing myself off the bed and out of the room. I made my way back down the hallway and through the front door. I slammed it behind me. The chill of the air brushed my arms, instantly making me cold. I groaned knowing that my phone was dead.

Not long after I heard the front door creep open. I didn’t bother to turn around; I didn’t care who it was.

“Can we talk about this?” I squeezed my eyes tighter when I heard Alex’s voice.

“I’d rather not.” I managed to let out. He walked around my body so that he was in front of me.

“You’re too pretty to cry.” He chuckled.

“Appearance has nothing to do with emotions you know.” I growled.

He bit his lip knowing that it wasn’t too smart to say that.

“Sorry.” He nodded. “Come here.” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the side of the house. I snatched my arm back but continued to follow him. Eventually we ended up at a patio looking area with heaters. I smiled to myself. Warmth.

“You sure you don’t want to talk about it?” Alex pressed on.

“Positive.” I nodded.

“It helps when you open up to people.”

I shook my head and continued to stare at the sky.

“I’ll make it better I promise.” He edged on.

I sighed. “Look Alex, you don’t know me. Don’t try to be all flirty and buddy-buddy with me. That shit doesn’t work on me. I don’t want to tell you anything and I don’t have too so if you could just drop it.” I said angrily.

He put his hands up in defense. “Sorry I was just trying to help.”

“I don’t need help, Alex. But if you do want to help get me a cab because that’s the only thing I need your help with.” I said calmly. I was full of emotions right now and I knew the last thing I should be doing was lashing out on someone trying to help me.

The thing was I didn’t need help. I didn’t want help. I didn’t need anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short but I wanted to get it out :(