What About the War?

July 28th, 1919 - The Austro -Hungarian Empire Declares War on Serbia.

July 28th, 1914

Austria looked outside of his house, a frown on his face. Today was an important day. The Austro-Hungarian Empire has declared war on Serbia as a result of the assassination of their dear leader, Franz Ferdinard and his wife, Sophia. Austria was very much upset, as Hungary was. He now felt a strong dislike towards all the people of Serbia. The worst part was that it was so unexpected. And Franz's cousin committed suicide not too long ago… it was simply too much right now.

"Roderich, are you alright?" The Hungarian woman asked, worried.

"Yes, dear. I'm fine. Just thinking about today. What will happen-"

"Roderich. Their people hated us anyway. Besides, you should be at least a little excited. We are showing Serbia who is in control now. It was unfair what they did to us, is it not?" Hungary asked.

"Well, of course not. You're right." His wife squeezed his shoulder and headed towards the door.

"I am going to get ready. You should too. The soldiers will be here soon." Roderich nodded. He was glad Hungary was here with him, otherwise he wouldn't have had the strength to go to war in the first place. Despite what Hungary had said earlier, deep down, he knew what they were doing wasn't entirely just.

Nor was it entirely wrong, either.
♠ ♠ ♠
AN: On July 28, 1914, the Austro-Hungarian Empire declared war on Serbia. They felt the assassination of their great leader, Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophia, was totally unfair and decided to go to war with them. Besides, the Serbians' ambitions of developing into a great country made the Empire nervous, too. This declaration, as my History teacher calls, "The Spark", is what set the Great War ( now WW1) in motion.