The Keeper

Chapter 1

“Fred! George!” I yelled at my two best friends when I spotted them outside of Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop. I had just arrived at Diagon Alley and already I had run into trouble.

“Hey El,” they greeted me simultaneously as I walked over to them. The twins and I are in the same year in Hogwarts, though I was in Ravenclaw. We met on the Hogwarts Express first year when Fred and George had tried to pull a prank on me, but I had already realized it was a prank, so I went along with it until I made it backfire on the two.

“We were just about to go over to Quality Quidditch Supplies to see if they have any new Irish hats. Do you want to come with us?” Fred asked.

“Of course. Just let me go let my dad know. I’ll be right back.” I told them and turned around to find my dad talking to a vaguely familiar looking wizard. I walked up to him and he stopped talking.

“Ella. This is Alastar Moody.” Remus introduced us.

“Pleased to meet you, sir. I’m Ella Lupin, Remus’s daughter,” I politely introduced myself.

“Ah, nice to meet you dear. I can see the resemblance.” Alastar replied looking at me. For the first time I noticed his eye. It looked like glass but I couldn’t tell. It was moving all over the place and definitely freaked me out.

“Did you need something Ella?”

“Oh yes! I’m just going with Fred and George over to the quidditch shop. I just wanted to let you know.” I looked behind me at the twins who I could tell were getting anxious.

“All right. Find me when you’re done. Moody and I are going to The Leaky Cauldron to catch up.”

“Ok, it was nice to meet you Mr. Moody.” I waved and was off.

“Took you long enough Ella,” George said when I got back to them.

“I’m sorry. He introduced me to some guy.” I explained as they started walking towards the quidditch shop. Once they got there they walked in and they split up. The twins going to look at the Irish stuff while I went to look at the Puddlemore United merchandise. They had been my favorite team ever since I was young and my dad took me to one of their games.

As I was searching the shelves I noticed a stocking hat that was yellow with the blue bulrushes on the front. It was perfect. Too bad I didn’t think to get any money from her dad before I came. Duh! I’m so dumb.

“You’re a fan of Puddlemore?” said a thick, Scottish voice that I vaguely recognized.

“Yes. They’ve been my favorite team forever.” I said as I turned around to see the very attractive Oliver Wood standing behind me. He is the keeper for Gryffindor, so I guess he was supposed to be my “enemy.” Oliver is two years older than me and I am the Ravenclaw keeper.

“Me too. They’re my favorite.” He said looking at you. “Hey, I know you. You’re the Ravenclaw keeper. Ella, right?” Woah, he actually knows me?

“Yeah. And you are Oliver Wood,” I say smiling.

“You know me?” he asked, returning the smile.

“Well, yeah. I mean you’re kind of famous at school. ‘Best keeper at Hogwarts in a century’ and all that.”

“Aw, is someone jealous?” he taunts.

“No I’m just stating a fact.” I say truthfully. It really didn’t bother me that he was better than me. Except for the times when we’re actually playing against each other.

“Really. Somehow I don’t believe you,” he says smugly with a smirk on his face.

“Yes, really.” I tell him coolly.

“Ella! We have to get to the train station soon,” I heard Fred say from over Oliver’s shoulder. I glared daggers at him but told him I was coming. I set the hat back on the shelf then turned around to face Oliver again.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you around Ella. Nice chattin with you.” He gave me his charming smile as I tell him good-bye.

“See ya at school!” I tell him and walk away. I go back to Fred and George who were standing by the door with a bag.

“So who were you talking to?” George asks.

“Oh nobody,” you reply.

“She was taking to Oliver.” Says Fred with a smirk

“Gotcha. Was he rubbing it in your face how we’re going to kick your ass this year?” George taunts and you blush.

“George look at that blush! Looks like our little Ella has a crush.”

“Shut up guys! He’ll hear you!” I scolded them as we walked out the door. I looked over my shoulder and saw Oliver standing by the Puddlemore stuff with a smirk on his face. Uh oh. He heard…
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think of this! It's my first fanfic!