The Keeper

Chapter 2

Fred, George, and I went to go get my dad and the rest of his family who were all at The Leaky Cauldron. When we arrived everyone was bustling about getting all of their stuff ready for Hogwarts. Molly was busy yelling at Ron about something to do with losing Scabbers, his old pet rat that had been passed from his elder brothers.
“Well it looks like everyone’s here,” said Arthur when he noticed the three of us walk in. Everyone turned and greeted us. My dad was at a table talking to Moody so I walked over to tell him hi.
“Hey dad. I think we’re about ready to leave. You got all of the supplies right?” I asked him.
“Yeah, I got everything. It’s over by the fireplace,” he said pointing towards the trunks that were stacked next to the fireplace. I nodded and waved goodbye to him. Standing by the trunks was Harry, who was looking at a poster of Sirius Black. Arthur was telling him something and he honestly looked a bit freaked out. I wondered what was going on, but put it out of my mind.
Walking over to Fred, who was gathering his things from the stack of trunks, I realized that my old, ratty trunk wasn’t with the pile. Looking at the stack, I noticed my last name was inscribed in gold on a black trunk with purple decal. It was the most beautiful trunk I’d ever seen.
“Fred, look!” I grabbed his arm and pointed at the trunk. He just smiled and looked at my dad. I turned to look at him and he had the biggest grin I’d ever seen plastered on his face.
“It was your mothers. She insisted on having it made so she could give it to you when you went off to Hogwarts. I thought you might make a nice very early birthday present. Since I will but, uh, otherwise occupied that week, I figured I might as well give it to you now so you can actually get some use out of it.” By otherwise occupied I knew exactly what he meant and I know Fred and George did too, but that didn’t really matter to me. My mom had been killed by Voldemort when I was three, so I didn’t really remember that much about her.
“Thank you so much, Dad!” I ran up to him and threw my arms around his neck as I felt my eyes prick with tears. “This means so much to me. You have no idea.”
“You’re welcome, honey. I just wish she was here to see your face.” I could hear him trying to hold in his tears. Then he pulled away. “Well everyone, it seems we have a train to catch!”

*On The Hogwarts Express*

We had just boarded the train and I remembered that the prefects were supposed to meet on their special car so I said farewell to my friends and headed over that way. On the way over there I saw Roger Davies, my fellow Ravenclaw and captain of our Quidditch team.
“Hey Roger!” I greeted him as I walked up to him.
“Hey Ella,” he replied with a smile. “Are you the other prefect?”
“Yep! I’m not exactly sure why they picked me, though. I mean, you know me,” he chuckled.
“Well your best friends are those Weasley twins.”
“Oh yes, that’s very true.” We walked into the car together and I spotted that almost everyone was there. Apparently they were waiting on us and the second Gryffindor prefect. They had us all sit around a big table while we waited. Everyone politely chatted until we heard the door open. I looked up and saw Oliver Wood walk into the car. He looked embarrassed, but smiled when he scanned the table, his eyes landing on me, causing me to blush.
“Sorry I’m late everybody, I got caught up at a shop,” he apologized as he sat next to me. I felt my cheeks burn an even deeper red.
“Very well. Well prefects, I assume you already know your duties and the rules as they were sent to you with your letters. There is one thing a bit different this year. We have a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. His name is Remus Lupin. Some of you may know him, as he is one of your fellow students’ father.” With this I tuned out because I started blushing so hard. I knew everyone was looking at me so I just looked down at my hands. I felt someone poke me in the side and I looked to my left where Oliver was smirking at me. He then winked at me and my blush had to have grown even deeper, if that was even possible. I smiled and looked back down.
After about an hour of having the rules explained to us, again I might add, we were set free to go about the train with our friends. I said my goodbyes to the other prefects and Roger and walked out of the car. I heard someone follow me out and turned around.
“Hey Ella, are you going to sit with Fred and George?” Oliver asked me.
“Um, yeah. Why?”
“They asked me to sit with them. You mind if I tag along?” He was testing me. He obviously heard that I have might possibly have a slight crush on him. I didn’t know what to do. Fred and George would surely make this as awkward as possible. But if I didn’t say yes he would be there anyway. God, I hate those two…
“Nope, not at all. Come with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading! So please comment on how you like it and subscribe! No? okay, that's fine too...
~Reagan :)