Lessons Learned I

Lee 022

I was sitting on the stairs in front of the main building when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I looked up from my algebra book and raised my eyebrows.

Adam stood there, looking rather cocky as normal. He took a seat next to me and rested his arm over his legs.

"...have a seat," I mumbled, going back to my book.

"Have you seen Rachel?" he asked seconds later.

"Maybe. Maybe not. You were pretty rude a couple nights ago, so why should I tell you?"

"Because I want to apologize."

"Adam, you took her out on a...whatever and gave her a crappy time. You looked other women up! That hurt her. Why did you do that?"

"I'm sorry, it's just..."

My left brow arched as I shut my book, focusing my attention on him.

"'Just'...?"

"I can't explain it. Just trust me, I didn't mean it."

"Mhm..."

"I'm being honest! Look, just tell me where I can find her so I can apologize."

"No."

"Oh, come on! I need to apologize so that way I can think I have somewhat of a shot with her."

"You'd have a shot with her if you didn't look women up when you took her out. Oh, and when you acted like a jackass when we played spin the bottle."

"You wouldn't understand if I told you."

"I probably would, but you're not going to anyway. So, I'm not going to tell you where she is until you have the nerve to explain what causes you to go in prick mode frequently." I stood up and walked away from him.