Lessons Learned I

Rachel 026

Alex and I met up at the park the next day to hang out for a bit.

"So...what do you think of what happened last night?" I asked, referring to the thing with Adam at Pizza Hut.

He shrugged. "Nothing much to say, I guess..." he mumbled quietly.

"Now that you mention it, you were awfully quiet..." I mumbled. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"No...something's wrong. You're acting weird. Are you mad at me or something?"

"No, I could never get mad at you."

"Then it's...Adam?"

"Well, um..."

He glanced over to a bush before rolling his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He pointed at the bush. I took a closer look and saw Ivy hiding in it, staring at us with a pair of binoculars.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Great. You and I both have a stalker."

He sighed. "Let's go. She's freaking me out."

I smiled and took his hand as we walked along a trail. "What's upsetting you?" I asked, holding onto his hand.

He stared down at our hands and sighed. "Nothing."

I studied him for a few moments. "Alex, something is bothering you. I want to know what it is."

"Ivy's a pest."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that what's upsetting you?"

"Sure."

I paused for a moment, then shook my head. "No, it's not. I can tell you're lying."

"Is too. Look, she's following us." He motioned toward Ivy, who was sneaking along behind the trees.

I sighed and let out a loud groan. "We know you're there, Ivy!"

"No, ya don't!" she called.

I rolled my eyes. "Now, we do!"

She came out from the tree and stood in front of Alex. "What a surprise! Hi, Allie!"

"Hi, Ivy," Alex said with a dull look.

"What's up?" she asked, stepping closer to him. I sighed and took a step back.

He stepped back as well. "Nothing. Why are you following us?"

"Because, Alex, I want you to be the father of my unborn children," she said.

I snickered before I began laughing out loud...hard. Ivy gave me a dirty look.

Alex's eyes widened more than I had ever seen them before. "Say what?!"

She chuckled. "Of course I want you to father my children, Allie! But first, you gotta ask me out." She stood patiently while smiling at him.

"Uh, how about dream on?"

She gave him a shocked look before breaking into tears. "Why?! What's wrong with me?!"

"You're a stalker! Leave me alone."

"If I stopped stalking you, would you go out with me?!"

"...maybe."

Her eyes widened. "Really?!"

"...yeah, sure."

"...eee!" She immediately took off.

My mouth dropped. "So, you're gonna date her now..." I mumbled.

"No. She's just going to think I'm gonna date her."

I snickered. "If she wasn't...you know...a stalker, do you think you'd be into her?"

"I'm kinda into someone else..."

"And you still won't tell me who. You're driving me insane." I laughed a little.

"Well...it'd be awkward."

"Why?"

"It just..." He turned around to observe Ivy following us...again. "Ivy, what'd I say?"

"...sorry!" She ran off.

I looked at him, still waiting for an answer.

"You kind of know her...per se."

"Per se?" I questioned.

"Yeah." He looked around nervously. "Can we please change the subject?"

I stared at him for a moment.

"...fine. I'm sorry for interrogating you. It's none of my business."

He sighed. "It's okay."

I got a vibe telling me that he wanted to let me know who it was, but something was holding him back.

"You know I'm here if you ever want to talk, right? And I mean talk about anything, day or night. I'm here for you," I assured.

He smiled a little. "Thanks. Same to you."

I smiled at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Note that there's no Lee 26. For some reason. o_O