Status: Will keep on updating as long as the comments keep coming on. xx

The End to Our Story

Chapter 6

Standing in front of me was no other than Harry Styles himself, Liam’s band mate, best friend, need I go on? Honestly what are the chances of meeting teen heart-throb Harry Styles in the middle of foreign country? Chances are pretty slim I would say. I just had the ‘best’ of luck. You get my sarcasm.

And you know what’s terrible? I agreed to go out with him. Is this some kind of sick joke? I sure hope so. I would pinch myself to see if it was all just a dream but I decided otherwise because I would make myself look like a weirdo. Something I definitely don’t want to do.

“I’m Lauren.” Stuttering as I spoke my own name.

“Shall we go now Lauren?” he question courteously.

What to do? What to do? I didn’t want anything to do with Liam and his life. My mind flashed through a million different excuses of how I could get myself out of this mess. But what came out of my mouth was definitely unexpected.

“We shall.” A smile plastered on my face as I mentally slapped myself on the inside. Excuse! That was what I was suppose to say instead of agreeing. What happen to that? Now I just couldn’t make out any excuse.

I try calming myself down. I mean how bad it can be hanging out with Harry. He seems like a really nice guy which I’m quite sure he is. Maybe we’ll be something more? Maybe he’s the one for me? Or maybe it’s just a one time thing and I’ll never see him again after this. Besides having Harry doesn’t mean I’ll meet Liam right?

Thoughts of all kind of probabilities appeared in my head as I walk away from Grand central station ready to start the fun trip in New York with the one and only Harry Styles.

Empire State Building, Central park, Soho, Statue of Liberty…… Somehow we managed to get so many places covered in just an afternoon. Apparently hanging out with Harry Styles has its advantages or so he says. Roaming around the city, visiting all those famous places, snapping pictures after pictures, I rather enjoy the company of this cheeky curly hair boy.

I was having so much fun even though I try to convince myself that I can’t. Harry was just so easy to get along, his personality and the fact that he’s British adds another plus cause he makes me feel somewhat home.

We were currently walking aimlessly around Time Square under the stars, chatting, laughing and basically just liking the company of each other.

“Okay, Harry. You’re right.” I managed to say, after out of breath for laughing too much.

“I’m always right.” He smirked.

“You definitely do not have a self esteem problem.” I scoffed.

“So when are you going back to England?” He asked casually.

“2 days. You?”

He took a look at his watch and reply, “Approximately 3 hours.”

“What?” I choked on my drink.

“You alright?” He patted my back.

“Yeap. What are you doing here if you have a flight in 3 hours?”

“I thought it was pretty obvious I was accompanying a pretty lady.” He flashed me his famous cheeky grin.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Do you always have to flirt in every circumstance?”

“I can’t help it. It’s in my blood.” He shrugged. I shoved to the side playfully and giggled when I saw him stumble a little.

“I’m serious. Shouldn’t you be packing or on your way to the airport right now?”

“My luggage is on its way there I think……”

“Then what are you still doing here?” I hailed a cab immediately and get into it pulling him along as we rush to JFK airport.

“Flight 156, please board the plane.” The intercom calling out the passengers for the flight back to UK.

“So this is it.” He said. I thought he sounded disappointed but it must be my imagination.

“You say it like we’ll never meet again.” I joked.

“So you saying we will meet again?” He voice lighten up.

“I’m not implicating anything.” I smiled innocently.

“I hope you had a nice day today.”

“I did. Thank you so much. Have a safe flight back to England.” I pulled him into a hug.

He hugged back and gave me a friendly peck on the cheek. “Thanks. It was nice knowing you Lauren.”

“Could say the same Styles.”

He chortled, “I should go now. Plane doesn’t wait.”

“I thought they do for Harry Styles.” I tease him.

He grabbed on his hand carry and turn toward the departure doors while I go the opposite ready to leave. “Hold up.” I heard him shout. “How am I going to see you again if I don’t have your number?”

“Somehow.” Keeping my answer simple and leave him wondering.

“Faith?”

“Leave it up to them.” I watched him chuckled in amusement and wave as he disappear through the gates.

Making my way back to the hotel in the cab, my mind kept straying back to the day that I just had. I hope I’ll never meet him again but deep inside I wanted to. No matter how much I enjoyed the time we had, it was for the better. No Harry means No Liam.

But if only I knew right then, what faith had in store for me.