A Single Moment of Sincerity

Your Silence Is Haunting

You dream of him all night. Your dreams are sweet and hazy. Ben tells you he’s leaving but he will see you soon. You think he says that he loves you but the words are so quiet you can’t be sure. He gently kisses you, putting both of his hands on the sides of your face before nuzzling his face into your hair inhaling deeply. This is the last thing you remember. The rest of your sleep is silent.

You wake up in Ben’s bed. Unsure of how you got there. He must have carried you in there last night. You get up and look around, his suitcases are gone. You must not have been dreaming after all. You decide to check your phone, hoping he’s sent a text or left a voicemail. It seems impossible but you miss him already.
You check your phone. Nothing yet. You can’t help but let out a sigh of disappointment. Even though the two of you have have only been dating for a few weeks now you can’t help but feel somewhat disoriented without him. Since you two began dating you’ve been practically inseparable.

Your phone rings, your heart starts racing thinking it might be Ben. While you’re upset that it isn’t him you are happy to see your friend Cody is calling you. You haven’t seen one another much lately and this is perfect timing.

“Hello?”
“Bambi! What are you doing?” his voice animated.
“Uh, nothing really. Ben left earlier. I don’t really know what to do without him.” you sigh louder than you intended.
“Come hang out with me! We can go shopping and get sushi!” how he stays so cheery all the time you don’t know.
“Alright, that sounds fun. Uh, i’m going to get ready. I’ll text you when I leave okay?”
“Kay! Bye!”

After you get off the phone you decide to get a quick shower before heading over to Cody’s. You towel off and look for something to wear. You throw on some skinny jeans, a muscle tee, and your favorite spiked combat boots. Throwing your long dark hair up in a ponytail you quickly do your makeup, swiping on eyeliner in your signature cat eye fashion and some tinted lip balm. You grab your purse, a simple pink clutch and text Cody before you head out the door.

As you pull up to his house you see Cody waiting outside the garage for you. He quickly jumps in the car and gives you a hug. “Where to my dear?” you smile. It’s nice being to see him, it’s been too long. “Let’s go shop first, you need some new clothes to impress your new boo.” He winks at you, grinning from ear to ear. “Good idea, I need to get some undies for when I visit him.” you giggle.

After you’ve both exhausted yourself and spent far too much money you decide to go eat. Once you drop Cody back at his house you go home and decide to lie down. You check your phone and see you have a text from Ben.

“Hey Baby, sorry I couldn’t really say goodbye this morning. You looked so cute sleeping. ;p We have a few days off in New York in a two weeks. You better be there!” you quickly reply. “Of course! :) I can’t wait. I have some new things to show you. ;)” you’re surprised at how quickly he replies. “Oh? How about a sneak peek?” you can’t help but smile. “I think you’ll just have to wait. It’ll be better that way. Goodnight, don’t drink too much. It’s only your first night after all.” you fall asleep with your phone in your hand before you can see his reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave feedback on my blog please! breathing-architecture.tumblr.com