Status: COMMENTS=UPDATES thanks :)

The Staal Sister

Boston, You're My Home

Danielle's POV:

I was insanely excited about our game against the Bruins. Boston became my home when I ran away there. The people were kind, unlike the stereotypes… well, the majority. I had never been in a car accident here so I guess that was a bonus. The drivers really are assholes. Or massholes… har dee har har.

The friends I met here were not quick to judge. I am still grateful for when they supported me with Iris and Liam. They helped me out in any way they could. Without them, I have no idea where I would be today. Would I have been living in a shelter? I certainly wouldn't have had time to train and I would never have gotten that scholarship and I wouldn't have been scouted and drafted. I owe the world and then some. Especially to Ken. That man single handedly saved me.

I was pregnant, at 16 nonetheless after being raped, with twins. I had to rely on him and his amazing family for everything. I was in a dark place and I couldnt seem to fully climb out of that abyss until recently. I'm still dwindling on the edge, in a grey area but I can wake up in the morning and see the beauty in it all. Without Ken, I dont think I would have survived long enough to make as much progress as I feel like I'm making.

Iris and Liam are coming home after this road trip. Words can't describe how much I miss their beautiful faces and sweet personalities. This is the longest time I've been apart from them since they were born.

"A penny for your thoughts." I looked over at Kris as his velvety voice broke me away from my reverie. We were boarding the plane now. His siblings were on break so they were 'house sitting' but his mom had to go back to Montreal for work. I wasnt oblivious to the fact that their father wasn't with him. I briefly asked him but he didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it so I didnt pressure. I just let him know that I was here for him.

"I just miss Boston. I miss the people I met there and I have a feeling this is only gonna make me miss it more, ya know?" We sat side by side in the back of the plane and he gave me a sympathetic smile.

"It is a beautiful city." He put his hand over mine on my knee. Sure, it was a beautiful place but it was so much more to me. I felt accepted there. He didnt understand the emotional connection I had to it and I didnt expect him to. No one did. I didnt even understand it myself half of the time.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged and put on my seatbelt after it was announced that we were taking off now.

"Jordan looks like shit. And I'm pretty sure he wants to come over here and punch me." I looked across the aisle to find Jordan glaring at Kris. I had to focus on something else. I could practically see the guilt eating away at him. His eyes were blood shot from lack of sleep and his face paler than usual. He did look like shit.

"I'll go talk to him." The pilot said we could move around so I made my way over to my older brother. I didnt know how I was going to make him feel better. It seemed like I transferred some of the way I feel over to him. I wish I couldve just kept this shit hidden. He doesnt need this. He doesnt need my extra baggage.

"You okay, Jord?" I asked him as I sat down next to him. I noticed he isolated himself from his usual group.

"Of course, why wouldnt I be?" He snapped as he picked up his PSP and absentmindedly began to play some stupid war game. I snatched it out of his hands and narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're obviously not, dip shit." I scoffed as I rolled my eyes. He was such a bad liar.

"I'm just having an off day. We all have bad fucking days. Can't I have one in peace?" His voice rose a little and I stood up, throwing the dumb gaming device forcefully at his large chest.

"Fuck you, Jordan." His gaze softened but quickly hardened again.

I turned around and Kris was staring at me intently. I just shook my head, not in the mood at all. I was still in confusion on our relationship. He didnt bring it up and neither did I. I wish he would.

--§--

"Babe! You look amazing!" My best friend pulled me into a big hug at the nice restaurant he insisted on meeting me at. He vaguely told me he got a new, fabulously perfectly insanely wonderful (his words, not mine) job. He wanted me to meet his "jobs". His strange choice of words baffled me. If I didnt know Ken as well as I do, Id of assumed he was like a prostitute.

"So do you, working man." I poked him in the side and he booty bumped me and I would have fallen in my heels had I not been a hockey player.

We walked back to a private section of the restaurant and I seriously question my joking jabs. Ken, a gigolo? Fat chance in hell , I smiled as he opened in the door.

There was a large group of men, laughing and eating. I studied them for a while before realization hit. The Boston Bruins. Ken had gotten a job with the Bruins. My jaw dropped a little and Ken had a proud grin on his face.

My eyes scanned over them again, none of them noticing us except one. He was staring right into my eyes.

I couldn't quite connect a name to the handsome face and I couldn't look away from his smoldering eyes.

He smiled, a gentle but genuine one. That small gesture cleared my whole head of everything and anyone.

I couldn't help but smile back.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey kiddos! so, I'm adding a Bruin (I'm a Boston girl so it's only natural)

I actually haven't picked who yet. Inbox me who you want him to be and most votes shall be the one y'all picked.

thoughts? They motivate yours truly to not be lazy and write for you amazing people.

Comments!

(Dont forget to message and vote!)

--K<3