Status: It's rated R for language, sexual occurences and violence.

When I Met Ponyboy

Chapter 10: The Rumble

"I told you I couldn't wait to wake up to you." Two-Bit was shaking me and I realized where I was through my sleepy haze. "Kitt, wake up! Big day! Big day! Don't you want to give your soldier a little romantic support?"

I was fully awake by now and Two-Bit was soon on top of me. "'Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gaaal.'"

"I know that tune!"

"Good. Now wake up and give me a kiss."

My door had opened slightly and I caught a pair of green eyes through the crack in the door. Two-Bit followed my gaze and jumped off of me, one of the blankets covering the lower parts of his body.

"Jesus Christ, Ponyboy! Learn to knock!" The door slammed shut and there was a patter of footsteps down the hall. "Lousy kid."

"It's not his fault." I said, stretching on the bed. "We weren't doing anything so don't even worry about it."

Two-Bit looked a tad bit excited still. "You want some breakfast?"

"Anything besides cake."

He chuckled. "You got it."

I crawled out of bed and reached for my jeans on the floor. Two-Bit came in again.

"Um yeah, before you get dressed uh-" He stumbled. "Make sure you dress hot. Like in that red skirt I like."

I was ultimately confused. "But how can I fight in the rumble with a skirt on?"

"Oh, you won't. You'll be on the sidelines, cheering us on. And looking hot doing it." He was grinning from ear to ear.

"What are you talking about?"

His smile faltered. "You don't actually think I'd let you in the rumble, would you?"

I felt my temper rise. "And why the hell not!?"

"Because!"

"Because why!?"

"Because I said so!"

"Fat chance!"

We were in each others faces, both of us still in our underwear from last night, when Steve walked in.

"Woah! Am I interrupting something?" Steve's eyes practically groped over my figure and he just couldn't seem to look away, and Two-Bit noticed.

"Get out! Stop looking at her!" Two-Bit shoved Steve through the door and quickly turned to me again. "You're not fighting in the rumble today. That's it, I'm putting my foot down."

I got right back into his face. "And who are you to say what I can and can't do?"

"Um, I'm your boyfriend. I'm supposed to protect you."

"I can take care of myself, thanks. I've done it for years."

The words had come out of my mouth before I could take them back.

"What was that?" He was now more upset than anything.

"Oh, Two-Bit. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"It sure sounded like you did."

I leaned into him, pressing my entire body into his. "I sure do mean this though." I angled my face to kiss him. Two-Bit met me half-way. He pulled back after a kiss and arched an eyebrow.

"After what you said I believe you owe me." And with that he lifted me from the ground, my legs wrapped around his waist, and shoved my against the wall closest to my bed. Our kisses had grown hungrier with each one.

Steve walked into the room again. "Okay, what is going on? First you were fighting! Now you're about to make her cream! I am so confused!"

"Get out!" Two-Bit and I said in unison. Steve sighed in frustration and stormed out of my room once more.

Two-Bit was kissing me up to my neck and jaw by now.

"Darling, I'll make you a deal."

"Hmm?" He was still holding me upright.

"If you let me fight in the rumble tonight, I'll do you a favor."

He broke the kiss. "What kind of favor?"

I stalled. "Um, whatever you want."

He gave a low growl. "That's a mighty dangerous offer. Wait! No, damn it." He pulled far away from me. "You're not fighting in the rumble tonight. I've made me decision, Kitt." He set me down onto the floor. "And no more of that seducing shit."

He walked out, picked his pants of the floor and threw the tight red skirt at my feet.

_________________________________________________________________________________

So there I was, leaning on Lucy, dressed in the tight fitting skirt and black blouse. My arms were crossed over my chest and I was madder than a hornet. Two-Bit and I weren't speaking but he squeezed my thigh for some friendly reassurance on the ride over to the Socs lot.

When we had all gathered with Tim Shepard on our side and all the Socs on the other side of the fire pit. Everyone was starting to get antsy, then Darry took control.

"Ready kids?"

"We're ready." Tim muttered.

They walked to the territory line, but before the fight was about to start Two-Bit jogged over to my side.

"I hope you're not sore about not being able to fight. Look, stay inside Lucy and lock the doors. Do I get a good luck kiss?"

I couldn't stay mad at him for long and gave him a peck on the lips. "Now, go!"

"As you wish!"

"Two-Bit! Get your ass over here." Soda called out.

"My fate awaits." And he ran to the gang.

As soon as I got into the Camino the fight broke out. Rodger was beating on Johnny until Pony would come up from behind him. Shit, I can't believe I wanted to get into that mess. My boys were fighting like champs though. With the Shepard gang we had definitely more power over the Socs. The fight was still going after ten minutes and I had kept an eye out for Two-Bit. Then just like that the fight stopped. I had seen enough fights to know that this was abnormal.

"The hell?" I said with bated breath.

I saw Johnny break from the crowd and he made his way towards me. I rolled down my window. "What's going on?"

Johnny had a bloody nose and his left ear didn't look too good. "The Socs wanna see ya."

"What for?"

"Something 'bout a race."

I quickly got out and walked as fast as my pumps could carry me over to the crowd, my blade was in a built-in secret pocket in my skirt. With the skirt I got a few catcalls from the Socs. I found Two-Bit and Rodger staring each other down.

"What is it?" I looked into Two-Bit's face, looking for a hint.

"These bozos wanna quit the rumble and drag race instead."

"Can we do that?"

"It's actually up to you."

Rodger looked me in the eye. "I wanna race you in that pretty little El Camino. Winner takes all, Sweet-cheeks."

"Ugh, don't be cheap, Rodger. What happens if we lose?"

"Then I keep you as my girl AND we get to keep the car."

Two-Bit pushed his blade at Rodger. "You can forget it, Pal. C'mon let's go! Right now!" He looked like he was about to slit Rodger's throat if I hadn't stepped between them.

I took a deep breath. "I'll do it."