Status: It's rated R for language, sexual occurences and violence.

When I Met Ponyboy

Chapter 9: Anger Management

"God fucking damn it! We were this close to just walking away from the Socs. But No! You had to make an ass of yourself and get us all into trouble."

We were all back inside the house, sitting around in the living room. Darry was a bat outta hell when the fight with Kathy started.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that!"

"Shut the hell up, Keith." Darry's face was red.

"Fellas, look I'm sorry." I was almost to tears. "I didn't mean to, besides she threw the first punch!"

"That doesn't matter! Wait, what?"

"She threw the first punch..." I said again, almost a whisper.

"Is that true?"

Dallas piped up. "Fuck yeah, it's true. I also pushed her at Kathy too. She was being annoying. If Kitt hadn't punched her, I would've."

Darry started pacing around the room. "Well, now we're definitely having a rumble and not a surprise rumble like I wanted."

"It don't matter, we're still gonna lick 'em." The voice came from Johnny, we all turned to him.

"Yeah, that's right Johnny." Dallas ruffled Johnny's hair and in return Johnny beamed at him.

Darry massaged his temples. "Are you sure Kathy threw the first punch?"

All the boys agreed in unison. Darry held up his hands in defense. "Alright! Alright!" Darry turned to me. "Hey, sorry Kitt for you know..losing my temper."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Don't worry 'bout it."

Two-Bit jumped up. "Have you ever thought that I'm not happy with the way you blamed Kitt for everything?"

"Two-Bit it's okay. He apologized!"

"No it ain't. He can't talk to you like that!"

"Two-Bit, come on! We're going outside. Please!" Two-Bit let me drag him away from Darry and the crowd. He was soon shivering from the cold and his rage.

I took his face in my hands. "Hey, what's gotten into you?"

He jerked his head away. "Nothin'"

"C'mon, tell me." I slightly puckered my lips and made puppy dog eyes.

"Don't make that face, Kitt! Don't! Oh no, don't bat your eyelashes. Okay, fine! It's not just Darry. I hate the way you had to pull a blade on Kathy! There, I said it."

I stopped making puppy dog eyes. "Whys that?"

He pulled out a cigarette and shuffled his feet a bit. "I don't want you to ever have to defend yourself like that. I want you to be able to feel safe."

I laughed softly. "I wasn't gonna let her walk all over me though."

"Yeah, I know. I just don't like it." He took a drag and handed it to me. I took it and let myself take a drag too. He sat on the steps to the house and pulled me onto his lap. It was getting dark and I heard the faint voices of the boys inside the house.

"I don't like it either but if I didn't pull a blade then I probably wouldn't be here, you know."

He stubbed out his cigarette, he had finally calmed down. "Do you wanna go somewhere?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm tired, besides the rumble is tomorrow. We all could get some rest."
I stood up and was at the door. "You coming? I have enough ingredients to make some cake and Mickey Mouse comes on in five minutes." Two-Bit perked up. and picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Absolutely."

__________________________________________________________________________________

We never made it to actually making the cake but had fallen asleep on the couch, watching Mickey Mouse cartoons. I was on top of Two-Bit with a blanket over us. We had just about fallen asleep when Two-Bit sat up. I felt a tug and I was soon lifted and Two-Bit was carrying me to my bed. He laid me down and took off my shoes. I peeked open one eye and he was taking off his shirt and jeans, what was only left were his boxers. He crawled onto the other side of the bed and I gave him a tender kiss.

"You're awake." He whispered.

"Not for long." I yawned.

"Go back to sleep. Big day tomorrow." Two-Bit tucked me into him. Before I fell asleep I stripped off my pants and shirt as well, only in my underwear.

"I just want to be comfortable." I explained.

Two-Bit gave me a sleepy grin. "I can't wait to wake up to you tomorrow."

"Shh." I gave him a soft kiss and we were soon dead to the world.