‹ Prequel: Just Can't Let You Go

The End of the Innocence

Logan

The coming morning was the hardest, not just for me but for Shane as well. Having gotten everything off his chest the night before gave him a fitful sleep,I knew he'd be exhausted when he woke up. Evy and I crept past the bedroom and down to the kitchen to make us something to eat.

"What's going on?" She asked,staring up at me from her glass of orange juice. She knew something happened last night while she was sleeping, I shook my head and slid a plate towards her.

"Nothing for you to worry about,Shane and I just had a long talk about things last night is all" I said,sitting down beside her. I could see the worried look in her eyes and smiled "No,he's not leaving and nor am I. We just needed to sit and talk everything out that's all" I said,easing her fears.

Evy gave a sigh in relief and attacked her breakfast hungrily,both of us looking up when we heard Shane coming down. I got up quickly and made him a cup of coffee,handing it to him as he sat down "Do you want something to eat?" I asked softly,running my fingers through his hair gently.

Shane shook his head and leaned into my touch "No,I'm not really hungry right now.." he said softly before looking up at me. His eyes were still read and puffy from his crying last night but I didn't mention anything,I leaned down and gently kissed him before sitting back down and attacking my own plate.

"Later" Evy called as she grabbed her bag and headed for the bus,Shane and I both watched intently as she left wanting to make sure she got to the bus alright. When the bus left a few moments later,we took a deep breath and relaxed.

"It's never gonna be easy" I said softly,putting mine and Evy's plates in the sink before turning and looking at Shane who was staring at me. "We need to do something Shane..we can't keep running from him every time something happens" I added,leaning against the counter and crossing my arms.

Shane leaned back in the chair and nodded "I know but what can we do?" he asked "Everyone is on the look out for him as we speak but Wesley has always been a good hider" he said. I turned and stared out the window,thoughts racing through my head again before I walked over to him.

"We need to trap him..some how" I said,sitting in his lap "Perhaps make him think that you left me because you want him back...have him meet you somewhere" I whispered,playing with a strand of his hair by his ear. "It's the only thing I can think that'll work" I added,staring into his eyes