‹ Prequel: Just Can't Let You Go

The End of the Innocence

Logan

" Not done..Not done..must finish..have to protect" I muttered as I fought to get the cuffs off,I barely heard Shane but I knew he was there. The next thing I knew I was being carried off to the house by three cops and locked in a bedroom after I was freed from the cuffs "Protect..protect.." I whispered,pacing back and forth in the room.

"Mom...Mom please" I heard a voice in the fog of my mind Evy.. I stopped pacing the bedroom and stared at the door as it unlocked and Shane appeared before me. I tilted my head to the side and stared at him but the person matching the voice wasn't there,only him.

"Logan..Logan are you there?" He asked,closing the door and walking towards me. I backed away before landing down on my knees,staring at the floor as I fought my way back.

"Shane..." I whispered before sitting down and pulling my knees to my chest "Safe..safe...family safe.." I whispered before staring up at him "Only one..you.." I added,Wesley's words were racing through my skull until I jumped up and ran to him,gripping his shirt.

"Only you! no one else touch..just you" I whispered,resting my head on his chest and closing my eyes "Family safe..." I smiled,breathing in his scent.

Shane wrapped his arms around my body as he held me,breathing softly. I didn't know what had happened..see Wes so close to my family was the last straw,this was my family. Not his,he had no right to come near it and all I knew was I needed to protect them.

"You're always protecting us..I couldn't...I just couldn't stand him being so close to you,couldn't stand how smug he was..thinking he was better then me..your mine..Evy's mine..he has no right to either of you" I said calmly,finally back to my old self as I looked up at Shane "I"m sorry" I whispered

I knew I had scared him....