Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 016:

Chapter Sixteen
-Alex-
It was Christmas Eve and I haven't seen or spoken to Sidney since he kissed me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed that kiss, and I do like him, but I've worked too hard to get to where I'm at only to be ruined by a relationship with another player. It took me a while to get the respect that I have now, and I still don't think that I have enough of it.

I sat on my couch in my pajamas in-between Sarabi and Zeus haven't a Mighty Duck marathon and eating some popcorn. It was about three o'clock in the afternoon, and I had no plans what's so ever. I tried to get myself to not think about Sidney, but every time I do, it just made me want him to kiss me again, I had butterflies in my stomach every time I thought about him.

The doorbell rang and I looked at my dogs confused, "Were we expecting anyone?" I got up and walked down the stairs and to the front door, I opened the door and my eyes widened to see my parents standing there, "Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?"

"Merry Christmas, Lexi!" Dad said as he walked up to me and hugged me, "We haven't spent Christmas in a long time, and we wanted to do it this year."

"Here honey," Mom said as she took her jacket off and threw it at me.

"Mom! What-Wait-What?"

"Hi!"

I turned around to see a guy that I've never seen before, "Hi, um-"

"David Langdon."

"Nice to meet you, but what are you doing here?"

"This is David, Alex. You need a boy in your life to get your mind off of hockey. Honestly Alex, what are you wearing?"

"That's nice and all but I don't want one, and even if I did I don't have time for one. And my pajamas Mother! I didn't plan on anyone being here today!"

"It's Christmas! Now be quiet and show me your house," Mom said as she started to walk up the stairs, "Come along, David!"

I watched as David walked past me and shut the front door, I looked over towards my father who sighed and shrugged his shoulders when I sent a glare his way, "Remember how the last surprise Christmas visit went?!"

"She really wanted to come."

"Yeah, I bet," I said and then heard my Mom yell and my dogs bark, "Great."

I ran up the stairs to hearing my Mother yell 'sit' and Zeus bark. I saw Zeus barking at Mom as she was trying to push David in front of her. I sighed and then walked over towards Zeus and Sarabi and grabbed their collars and walked them to their room and closed the gate.

"Oh, what horrible creatures!" Mom gasped and I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"What do you want, Mother?"

"Oh Alex, go change, you look horrible in that!"

"This is my house Mom, and I don't remember inviting you!"

"Is this the color you chose, oh no, I would have gone with a lighter brown."

'...I am going to kill her...' I though as I turned and walked up the stairs and went to my room. I changed into some jeans and a black tank top that had lacey sleeves. I put my hair up in a pony tail and then put my jewelry on. I walked downstairs to hearing my Mother complain about how my couch should be moved in this direction, or this window should be over here, or that should be there. I was going to lose my mind by the end of the night.

"Alex! I don't like that shirt, go change it."

"Too bad, it's staying!"

"Alex!"

"Don't care, Mother."

"Well! What does a guy have to do to get some food?" Dad asked trying to change the subject.

"I don't have anything for Christmas and all of the stores are probably closed," I said and my Dad walked over towards my fridge and looked through it.

About an hour of listening to my Mom complain about, well everything, I was thinking about how I should have taken Sidney's offer about going home with him. I was in the kitchen making chicken parmesan when my Mom walked in and started to watch me, then she said that the recipe had too much fat in it. I sighed and then looked at my Mom.

"Go pour yourself a glass of wine and go away," I said as I made the tomato sauce. This visit has been less than two hours and I already want her gone.

"This wine is too dry!" Mom yelled and then slammed the glass onto the table and then I heard liquid hit the floor, "Great!"

I turned around to see that my Mom had slammed the glass too hard and broke it, having the red wine fall onto the floor. I growled and then grabbed a rag and started to clean the mess, "Did you cut yourself?"

"No, but you need new glasses! Obviously, they're not able to hold up to my standards!"

"Your standards?! Your standards! Really Mother!" I yelled and threw the rag into the sink, "Let me tell you a little something about your standards!"

"Lexi!"

"No Dad! She brings this guy here, someone I've never met and know nothing about and expects me to poof just start dating him! She hates who I turned out to be and what I like-" at that moment the doorbell rang and I sighed and stomped off to get it, '...I swear if this is someone else, I'll kill them...' I thought as I opened the door and stopped when I saw who it was.

"Just let me explain!" he said as he thought I was going to shut the door on him. My heart skipped a beat just seeing him there in front of me.

"I thought you went home?"

"I told you I wanted to spend Christmas with you!" he said and I smiled and wiped a tear from my eye, "Why are your crying?"

I was already emotional with the fact that my Mother was here, I was just happy to see him. I knew the moment that I saw him there that I wanted him, I didn't care about my career or my future, I just wanted him here. I jumped forward and crashed my lips onto his and I think I surprised him, because it took him a second to get a hold of himself and I felt him kiss back. I reached back and closed the front door with us still standing outside in the cold and snow. Sidney pushed me back against the door and I felt his hands on my waist trying to pull me as close to him as he could, and I snaked my hands to the back of his neck.

When we pulled away for air I looked up towards him and smiled, "Is it too late to go to your families?"

"Why?" he asked and then saw the cars in the driveway and then looked at me, "Your family here?"

"A surprise visit. Like the last one didn't end badly. I swear I'm going to kill her soon! She brought this kid with her because she wanted me to start dating him."

"Ouch," he said and then pulled me to him and then hugged me.

I wrapped my arms around his chest and snuggled my face into his warm jacket, "And I'm cold," I said as you could see our breaths.

"Let's go in," he said and I sighed and nodded my head.

We walked in and he held my hand as he walked in front of me and up the stairs.

"Who was at the door- Ah! Sidney!" Dad said as he walked over towards us and then shook his hand, "Good to see you again, son."

"Good to see you too, sir."

"Who's this?!" Mom asked as she flew over on her broomstick.

"This is Sidney Crosby, Lexi's Captain," Dad introduced.

My Mom looked at Sidney and then she saw that we were holding hands, "Captain? So I guess you play that awful sport too?!"

"Hockey mother, the sport is hockey!" I growled and wanted to walk away, but Sidney pulled me back over.

"Yes I play that sport, ma'am."

"And Captain? What is that?"

"I'm team Captain."

"So that's like a boss right?" she asked and my eyes widened.

"Oh I know where this is going," I muttered and Sidney looked at me.

"I knew it; Alex screws her boss to get where she is!"

"Dear!"

"Don't dear me! Look at her! How do you think she got here?!"

"With talent, ma'am!" Sidney said and both my Mother and I looked at him shocked and I felt Sidney’s grip on my hand tighten. Mom was surprised that he stood up to her, and I was surprised that he was standing up for me, "You may not know it, but your daughter is a talented person, and that says something when she's the only woman to play as a professional hockey players."

I hid behind Sidney waiting for my Mother to yell at him for talking back to her, and I knew that Sidney was going to yell back. I saw that David, the boy my Mom brought, had snuck out, probably finally figured out that he was not wanted.

Mom opened her mouth to say something, but my Dad walked up to her and stood in front, "Now, now, it's Christmas, let's all calm down and eat."

"No! Randy, he just yelled at me!"

"Dear, please!"

"Don't dear me, Randy!"

"Jesus Kathleen! Enough!"