Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 037:

Chapter Thirty Seven
“So what’s this thing going on here?” Pops asked as he leaned back in his chair and pointed back and forth between Sidney and I.

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh please, Alex. I’m old, I’m not stupid. I see that thing between you two; it’s the way I looked at Maureen.”

“So how’s Maureen?” I asked changing the subject.”

He side and then looked at me, “The old gal past about two years ago.”

“Aw, I’m sorry, Pops,” I said and rubbed his arm, “She was a good girl.”

“I know.”

“How’d she go?”

“I was hungry,” he said and my eyes widened and I tried not to laugh as I shook my head, “Now, hey, don’t change the subject!”

“What?” I asked as Sidney laughed a little.

“That little spark that’s between you two, the fact that you’re here, together! Need I go on?”

“You were always a romantic, Pops.”

He laughed and then leaned forward to look at the two of us, “So am I gunna be an Uncle anytime soon?”

“POPS!!!” I yelled and Sidney and I both blushed.

“What? Isn’t that what you crazy kids do in this generation? Get lucky, and then get unlucky, ya horny bastards! I got two guys on the team who are like sixteen, seventeen who are already fathers!”

I rubbed my face and then shook my heads, “We’re focusing on our career.”

“Sure, sure, your career in the sack,” he said.

“Ugh, you’re just as bad as my Aunt Lisa.”

“No, I think she’s worse,” Sidney spoke and I laughed.

“Ah, Lisa, so you met the old perv?” Pops asked and Sidney nodded his head, “What’d she grab of yours, son?”

“My ass,” he said and Pops laughed.

“She’s grabbed a lot worse on people, trust me!”

“She has to my other teammates,” I said and Pops shook his head, “Pops and my Aunt Lisa went to school together and are pretty good friends,” I explained and Sidney nodded his head understanding now.

“Well Pops, it was really good seeing you again, but I’m showing Sidney around and then we’re going to the game tonight,” I and then Pops stood up and we hugged each other.

“Good seeing you too! I’m happy for you! You followed your dream!” he said and I smiled brightly, “Hey, there’s a new Coach for the team, and he’s got a bunch of these pain in the ass kids, maybe you could come down here one time and show them a thing or two?”

“I’d love to,” I said and he smiled and nodded his head.

“Good, good, it is really good to see you, Alex. You shouldn’t be a stranger.”

“In the rink, never, in this city, always,” I said and he nodded his head understandingly, “Bye, Pops.”

“See ya darlin’. Nice to meet you, son!”

“Nice meeting you too, sir.”

“And Crosby!” he called and Sidney and I turned back around, “You take good care of my Sparky!”

“Always,” he said and Pops smiled and nodded his head.

“Good man!”

“Bye Pops!” I called and then the two of us walked out of the rink and I decided that I wanted to check out the Baby Pens store before we headed back to the Rover.

“I liked him,” Sidney said and I smiled.

“He’s like my second father, he took care of me when I was younger,” I explained and Sidney nodded his head.

“So who’s Maureen?” he asked and I laughed, “His wife?”

“No, he had a pet pig,” I said and Sidney understood now, “She was a good mascot.”

“I get it now, make more sense. I thought he like ate his wife or something.”

“No, that man was married to the ice and his job.”

“Yeah, I know a few people like that,” Sidney said as we walked into the store.

When we were in the store, we saw a few fans of ours, gave them autographs, took some pictures with them and then ended up buying some shirts that we were going to wear for tonight’s game. We left the store and then walked over towards the Rover.

“I’m starving,” Sidney said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Me too,” I said and then looked at my phone to see that it was almost two in the afternoon, “I know where we can eat. Do you mind if I drive? It’s kind of hard to get to if you don’t know your way and-“

“Yeah,” he said and then threw the keys at me and walked over towards the passenger’s seat.

I smiled and then got into the driver’s seat and started the car heading to my favorite diner.

“Alex!” Roxie yelled as she saw me and then ran to give me a hug, “It’s so good to see you again!”

“It’s good to see you too, Roxie!”

“And who’s this handsome man?” she asked looking towards Sidney.

“Sidney Crosby meet Roxie, owner of the best pancake diner in all of Pennsylvania, Roxie, meet Sidney.”

“Well thank you, sweetie,” she said and then patted my cheek, “Nice to meet you, hun. Come, have a seat.”

We sat at the bar and I laughed when I spun around on the seat and Sidney snorted, “You’re a dork.”

“Thank you.”

“Anytime.”

“Hey there, stranger!”

“Jake!” I said and then smiled towards him, “Didn’t know if you would be working today.”

“I live here!” he said and I laughed, “But look at you! You don’t come for months and then you bring back with you THE Sidney Crosby. If this is an apology, it’s definitely accepted!” he said and I laugh, “Nice to meet you, man, big fan!”

“Well thank you,” Sidney said and they shook hands.

“So, Alex, when’s the big game between you and the cuz? I’m anxious to see that one; it’ll be a good one.”

I laughed and then took a sip of the chocolate milk that was placed in front of me, “Next month, actually I think a month from today,” I said and Jake smiled and rubbed his hands together.

“This is gunna be sweet! I’m definitely ordering that game.”

“Jake, get back to work and leave them alone!” Roxie yelled and he shook his head.

“Come on, Ma!” he yelled and I laughed.

“You two are always going at each other’s throats,” I said and he shrugged his shoulders.

“So I take it, you’re gunna have your usual,” he said and I nodded my head, “What can I get for you, man?”

Sidney ordered the French toast and the Roxie came over to bring some coffee over and asked about life was. I told her it was good and about how my parents were getting a divorce, which she was nothing but happy to hear about. We talked a lot, and then our food came out and we ate enjoying our meals.