Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 038:

Chapter Thirty Eight
“Do you think this is going to be a good game?” I asked Sidney as we sat in our box seats and looked down at the ice.

I wanted glass seats, but Sidney didn’t want them because we would be risking being seen and then be attacked by fans. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind it sometimes, because it makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something in my life, but I understood, because we were here for the Baby Pens, not for us.

“They’re going up against the Binghamton Senators, they usually beat them, so we’ll see,” he said and I nodded my head.

The boys came out onto the ice and the starting line stood in a line to start the singing of the national anthem. When the woman finished, we sat down and watched as the five skated to the center ice for the first face off. I had to look up the roster on my phone because I wasn’t familiar with the team.

Sidney and I sat next to each other, and I was leaning against him with my legs crossed over each other. My arms were wrapped his left arm with his hand resting on my knee. We watched as the Senators won the face off and darted down the ice towards our goalie with the Penguins hot on their heels battling for the small rubber puck.

“It’s been a while since I was watching a game and not playing in it,” I said and Sidney chuckled.

“Yeah, same here.”

I took a sip of my water and watched as #6 Cody Wild from the Penguins tried to make a goal, but lost his footing and fell onto the goalie.

“That’s a penalty,” I said and then the ref called it, “Damn, I know that feeling.”

I was referring to the second game against the Devils last Sunday I was skating down the ice trying to score a goal and I did the same thing. I screwed up and lost my footing and practically tackled their goalie to the ground, it wasn’t fun.

“You need to let that go, it was an accident,” Sidney said and then squeezed my knee.

I smiled towards him and kissed his cheek. I was happy that I ended up with a really good guy, and I smiled at the fact that I could really see myself spending the rest of my life with him.

By the end of the period the score was zero to zero and Sidney got up so that he could get another beer and I looked at the ice and watched as they held a little relay race to keep the fans entertained throughout the intermission. It was funny because it was against a few kids and I was going ‘aww’ when the little boy fell and then kept on trying to get up.

Sidney sat back down next to me and then took a swig of his beer. I felt my phone going off and looked at it to see Mel texting me asking out my little vacation was going. I smiled and replied to her saying that it was going very well and then heard someone walk into out box suite and we turned around to see some guy walking towards us with a smile on his face.

“Well, look at this!” he said and we stood up and looked at him, “Ron Burkle, nice to meet you, it’s an honor to have you in our arena.”

I realized who this was and then smiled and shook hands with him. Ron Burkle was the owner of the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton Penguins, and I was a little surprised that he had found out that we were here.

“Nice to meet you sir,” Sidney said and then shook hands with the man too.

We talked for a while and then the buzzard rang saying that the second period was about to start, “Well I won’t bother you anymore, enjoy the game!” he said and then left and we sat back down and got ourselves comfortable again.

“Well that was unexpected,” Sidney said and I nodded my head.

The game started again and within the first minute, #11 Zach Sill, for the Penguins, had scored a goal, allowing the Penguins to lead the game by one.

“Now, I hear that he just came back like in December for a shoulder injury,” Sidney said and I looked at him.

“What happened?”

“Don’t know, I think he got hurt in the play-offs last year,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, that’ll do it. Glad he’s all right.”

The boys faced off and then the Senators were skating down the ice with #3 Joey Mormina on his butt. The Senator’s man fell and a whistle was blown, I was a little confused because I didn’t see a trip, so there shouldn’t be a penalty. The Penguins’ Coach was challenging the call and we waited for the results.

“We’d like to take this time to give a warm and honored welcome to Pittsburgh Penguins’ Captain #87 Sidney Crosby along with Left Wing #28 Alexandra Conners for welcoming us with their presences on this lovely February night!” the announcer said and I sighed and then looked at the jumbotron to see that we were being shown. Sidney and I waved to the crowd and heard people applauding and cheering for us.

“Wonder how they knew we were here,” Sidney joked and I snorted.

“So much for keeping a low profile,” I said and Sidney laughed and we looked down to see people running up the stairs from the section below us trying to get our autographs.

I didn’t really want to, but I wasn’t going to tell them that, so I did as the fans wanted and signed all the books, jerseys, poster and hats that were handed to me. I sat back down and looked to see Sidney signing the last hat that was handed to him and we looked to see that the game was back on and Mormina wasn’t called for tripping so there was no penalty.

-Sidney-
The game was over and the Penguins beat the Senators three to one. We decided that we were going to get something to eat before we went back to the hotel.

“Where do you wanna go?” I asked and she smirked, ‘…Should I be worried?...’

“Let’s go to The Grill,” she said as we got into the Rover.

“No clue where that is.”

“It’s just down the road, I’ll direct you,” she said and I nodded my head and started the car.

When we got to the restaurant, I saw that it was a sports bar and shook my head. We weren’t going to keep a ‘low profile’ here. We walked into the place and grabbed a seat in one of the small circular two seat tall tables by the bar and order a pitcher of beer. I don’t think we were there for like ten minutes and we were attacked by fans, and was worse was that some of them were drunk fans, who just talked and talked and talked.

Not long later, some of the boys from the Baby Pens came into the bar and then fans cheered for their win. I looked over towards Alex who just smirked and took a drink of her beer; something told me that she knew that they were going to be coming here.

“Well, well, well, so some of the big boys,” he said and looked at Alex, “and girl, decided to come down to see us little people.”

“Zach! How are you man?!” I said as I stood up and that little bro hug with him, “Alex, this is Zack Sill, he use to live like an hour away from me and we played hockey together a lot.”

“Nice to meet you,” she said and then held out her hand.

Zack smirked and shook her hand, “Nice to meet you too! I hear for a girl, you’re pretty good at hockey!”

She smirked and then nervously laughed. Alex only did that when she was trying to think of something to say that wasn’t rude. I shook my head and then changed the subject to today’s game and congratulated him on his win. Some of the other teammates came over and we drank together. When I had enough fun for one night, Alex and I laughed and she ended up driving back to the hotel.

We went back into our room and then watched as she walked over towards the mini fridge and pulled the ice cream from the freezer and then grabbed two spoons. I smiled and then walked over towards her and kissed her lips and tried to take the ice cream from her but she wasn’t going to give it up.

“Mine!” she laughed as I pulled away.

“Oh yeah, then why do you have two spoons?”

“For myself.”

“You eat ice cream with two spoons?”

“Oh yeah, all the time,” she said and I laughed and then watched as she walked over towards the bed and opened the carton and started to eat it.

I shook my head and then sat next to her and turned the TV on and she changed the channel to watch cartoons, “Really?”

“Hey! Young Justice is the shit!” she argued and I laughed and grabbed the second spoon off of her and took a scoop of the ice cream.

We were watching an animated version of the super heroes and I teased her about it. When the show was over, Alex put the ice cream back into the freezer and then the two of us went to bed because the clock read that it was after one in the morning and we had to get up early to head back to Pittsburgh.