Falling for You Was Out of My Control

I Like Them

Evgeni’s POV
While she sat quietly through practice and held back when it came to meeting them it didn’t make the guys question me any less.

“So?” Brandon pestered.
“What?” I moved forward waiting my turn for the drill.
“How’s the girlfriend?” he pointed up into the stands where she was sitting with Veronique.
“Not girlfriend,” I took off thankful it was my turn to skate.

We hadn’t actually put a title on what we were, I mean to anyone else we probably looked like we were boyfriend and girlfriend and maybe we were both just assuming we were, I don’t know but there was no definite yes.

“Well wait what do you mean she isn’t your girlfriend?” I thought he would drop it but I should have known Brandon better than that. He wasn’t going to give up, “Come on man, your whole life revolves around her.”
“No it not.”
“Yes it does,” he kept going.

There was no way Brandon was going to drop it and when he got the other guys onto me about it there was no way of escaping it either.

“Guys practice, leave Geno alone,” Sid frowned and pointed to the ice, “you can bug him about it later.”

I had managed to keep ignore them all about it for the rest of practice and throughout the locker room right up until I headed out to get Jessie.

“Hey,” she smiled wrapping her arms around me looking rather relieved to see me.
“Hey,” I engulfed her in a rather protective hug. Why wouldn’t she be my girlfriend? I mean we spend all of our time together, we hug, we’ve kissed countless time and we both know how we feel, why couldn’t we put that tag on it?

“We still going for lunch?” she looked around noticing none of the guys were around.
“Yeah they meet us there,” I grabbed her hand and led her out to the car.

I was just hoping the guys could see Jessie for what she was and give her a chance.

Jessie’s POV
Veronique had given me the full low down and who’s who, who has girlfriends, who is crazy and who to be friends with. Of course I just wanted them to like me so I wasn’t really bothered by all the little things.

“Hey,” Evgeni smiled as Sid, James and Brandon walked in.

“Hey,” they all returned the smile as they slipped into the booth across from us.
“Remember Jessie,” Evgeni gestured to me.
“Yes,” Sid spoke up, “Hello,” he shook my hand first.
“Hi,” James was a little quieter as he introduced himself.
“Hey,” Brandon smiled widely, “so you’re the one who has been distracting our Russian?” he stuck his hand out.
“Uh yeah apparently,” I smiled taking his hand.
“Well it’s nice to meet you.”
“You too.”

So as it turned it there wasn’t much I had to worry about. They were nice guys and from that I assumed the others were just the same. I mean Evgeni wouldn’t be friends with them if they weren’t.

“So what do you do?” Sid kept the conversation up.
“I am in my final year at University.”
“Oh cool, I would loved to have gone to University and gotten some degree.”
“Yeah but you’re the like face of the NHL? You hardly need a University degree.”
“Would be nice though, what are you studying?”
“Sports Science.”
“Going to teach Geno how to eat huh?” he had a shit stirring grin like he knew it would get Evgeni going.
“What?” Evgeni choked on his food, “I eat,” he looked offended.
“Borscht and pierogi's don’t count as food,” James teased.
“Not all I eat,” Evgeni kept going.
“Don’t listen to them, you’re a good cook,” I grabbed his hand and gave him a kiss on the cheek to remind them that he was the one with the girl not them.

“So,” Brandon cleared his throat, “what are you going to do after Uni?”
“Um I have being doing an internship with the Pittsburgh Pirates so hopefully I can get a full time job with them.”
“That sounds cool,” James nodded in approval.
“Penguins are better,” Sid shrugged.
“That’s what Evgeni said,” I looked at him as he just smiled knowing he had someone else backing him.

So far everything everyone had said about Sid was true. He was so real, so nice and surprisingly easy to get along with. All the guys were nice. They had smiles on their faces and were very welcoming.

My phone went off in my pocket reminding me I had to go to class. I didn’t want to leave but I had missed too much with my knee being wrecked.

"Hope guys no too bad," Evgeni walked me up the stairs to my house.
"No they were nice, I liked them."
"Good."

“I see you after?” Evgeni wrapped his arms around me in a hug as we stood at my front door.
“We just spent all morning together,” I looked up at him.
“Yeah but like time with you,” he shrugged but it looked to me like he had something on his mind, “I cook special food.”
“Ok you come over at 6,” I lent up and gave him a kiss goodbye.

I couldn’t help but wonder what it was that he was thinking about. Had I done something wrong? Had I said something during lunch? Maybe the guys had said something about me to him. Whatever it was it had me sweating.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I am trying not to cram too much into each chapter so bare with me