Falling for You Was Out of My Control

PS. I am Waiting Outside

Jessie's POV
I didn't really know what to expect when I opened the door but there Evgeni was with groceries tucked under one arm and a 6 pack in the other. I had seen this all before but this time he was dressed nicely in grey dress pants and a long sleeve white button down shirt.

"What are you doing?" I smiled appreciating the view as he walked in with Jeffrey right behind.
"I come make dinner remember," he put the things on the bench.
"Yeah I remember but why are you all dressed up? I mean you could have at least told me and I would have dressed up," I looked down at myself dressed in sweats and an over sized jumper.
"You look cute," he moved away from the bench and over to me where he finally engulfed me in one of his big hugs.
"Cute?" I crane my neck to look up at him.
"Yes, now go take bath relax, read book," he turned me around and led me down the hall.
"And how do you know I haven't already?"
"Not smell like vanilla, go. Give me hour."
"What am I supposed to do for a whole hour?" I felt helpless as he pushed me into the bedroom.
"Not come in kitchen."

I had no clue what he was doing but with Evgeni Malkin I had learnt pretty quickly it was easier to just let him do whatever it was he came up with no matter how on orthodox it was purely because there was no use in arguing him.

I decided that I would take a bath anyway and try to stop thinking about all the clanking and muttering I could hear coming from the kitchen. But as it turned out the noise was a whole lot more reassuring because I grew concerned when silence filled the house.

"Evgeni!" I called climbing out of the tub.
"No come out," he sounded desperate.
"Are you ok?"
"Yes," but I wasn't exactly convinced, "you have band aid?"
"What have you done?" I opened the door and there he was stopping me from coming out.
"I just cut finger," he showed me the blood tricking down his index finger.
"Come here," I pulled him into the bathroom and rummaged through the cupboards.

"There you go," I wrapped the band aid around his finger.
"Thanks," he kissed my forehead and disappeared again.
"How much longer?" I asked as I headed to my room.
"Serve now, ready when dressed."

I was starving and anxious to know what was so special about this dinner he was making such a fuss about.

Evgeni's POV
She walked out into the kitchen dressed in a white sundress that finished mid thigh and it completely took my breath away.

"Hey," she smiled noticing how much I was staring at her.
"Hey... You cold?" I asked since winter had already started and she was in hardly anything.
"No that's why the heater is on," she headed towards the table and her eyes widened upon seeing what I had done.

"Evgeni you remembered," she turned around and wrapped her arms around me.
"Chicken and pasta your favourite," I had spent all day trying to remember what it was she had ordered for lunch the day we met and it looked like I was right.
"Your so sweet," she lent up and kissed my cheek.
"Here you sit," I helped her into her seat partly because I was hungry and partly because I needed to put some much needed distance between us.
"And you got flowers," she lent over and smelt the roses I had brought.
"Yes, not know what you like so got roses."
"Roses are just fine," she smiled putting her hand on mine.

"Mmm this is really good," she pointed to my masterpiece of a dinner.
"I try," I shrugged it off like it was nothing.
"No seriously, how did you learn to cook so well?"
"Live on own, have to."
"Well it's really nice."
"Thanks."

We sat in a comfortable silence eating dinner while we shared glances and the odd smile. I wanted to ask her but I still hadn't figured out how I should say it. I was doubting the note that Sid had written for me and was beginning to think maybe just straight out ask her? Maybe come up with some witty line? I had no idea so I texted Sid.

Once dinner was over I made her go into the lounge room and sit while I washed the dishes using it as an excuse to stall while I waited for Sid to reply.
Sid: 'She will love it and if not you can become captain.'
Evgeni: 'not want to be captain.'
Sid: 'just do it.'

I couldn't come up with anything better so I was just going to have to go with it.

Jessie's POV
I was sitting in the lounge room waiting for him to come back. He had been so sweet and I was falling completely madly in the love with the boy. Somehow he made me feel special, he made me feel loved and I don't think I could ever not love him back.

He seemed rather nervous all night that it was cute. He fumbled, he bit his lip, he mixed up his words more than usual but I loved it.

He walked into the lounge room looking rather disappointed as he hid something behind his back.
"What are you doing?" I tried to see what he was hiding behind his back.
"Sid call said need help, I have to go."
"What?" I got up and was rather upset that he was just going to leave like this.
"Sorry, this for you," but I was taken back when he handed over a note and a rose.
"What's this?" I frowned looking at it.
"Read when I leave," he lent over and gave me a kiss on the forehead, "See you."

I was still rather stunned and didn't know what to think so I didn't even bother walking him to the door. I collapsed onto the sofa and to be honest was almost about to cry. That was until I opened the note and began reading that my girly emotions took over and I was gone.

Jessie Bailey
I love you so much, I love everything about you; your smile, your hair, your eyes, the way they light up when you see me because I know your happy I am there. Every day I spend with you makes my life better. I thought I was happy before but now I know what it really means to love someone. I want to protect you, hold you, I never want to let you down, I never want to make you cry, I want to make your life as good as you have made mine.
So will you be my girlfriend?

PS. I am waiting outside the door for your answer


I was crying because I knew how much I loved him too but I was too dumb to see it all before. I don't know how I could ever compare him and Liam because he won by miles every time.

"Evgeni," I opened the door to see him sitting on the front steps with Jeffrey.
He turned stood up and turned around with an eager look on his face.
"Yes," I smiled.
"Really? You be my girlfriend?"
"Yes," I repeated and jumped into his arms and he swung me around.
"Good," he put me back down and cupped my face to kiss me.

"You didn't write that yourself did you?" I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Sid help, but I mean all words," he looked relieved.
"It's ok because I am holding you to it all, every single word."
"I promise," he sealed it with a kiss.

"There just one thing I want to talk about," I pulled away and he looked worried all over again.
"Inside first, your freezing," he ran his hand up my arm.

He tried to distract me with kisses which if I hadn't already made up my mind he would have probably gotten away with it.
"No Evgeni," I breathed as I pushed him back, "this is what I wanted to talk about."
"What?"
"Sex."
"What about it?" he gulped.
"Well for a start my knee hurts anytime you really lean on me but that's not the point, I don't want to rush into anything. I have spent the last year trying to get my life back on track and I don't want to undo that all, ok?"
"Ok, I understand."
"and I kind of want to wait until you meet my parents I mean it sounds dumb and all but I want to know what they think of you first. You know my dad is a very good judge of character and if he detects a hint of you being an asshole I need to know before I go and do something dumb."
"Ok, ok, we wait," he straightened himself up.
"But that doesn't mean we can't kiss," I pulled him back down onto me.
"You make hard to resist," he growled.
"Then it will be that much better when it finally happens right?"
"Right."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I just love writing this story like LOVE writing it A LOT and I hope you guys are liking it as much as I am