Falling for You Was Out of My Control

Masterpiece In The Making

Evgeni’s POV
“Jessie!” I called out as I walked in the door after a long and tiring first day of training camp.
“In the nursery!” her voice echoed through the large house.

I made my way upstairs, hobbling and wincing as the ache ran through my body.

“I thought I told you to be careful,” she frowned as I walked in using the door to hold me up.
“I was.”
“Yeah well maybe you should go lay down for a while,” she stood up and walked over to me putting her hand on my chest and turned me towards the bedroom across the hall.
“You come too?” I slipped my arm around her waist.
“Ok, maybe just an hour could be good. But then we are getting to work on the nursery.”
“Ok.”

I laid down relaxing into the mattress but no matter how much I tried I couldn’t sleep. I was nervous about hockey starting, I was nervous about Andrei coming and I was nervous about asking Jessie to marry me. All three things going around in my mind my afternoon nap was a no show.

“Jessie,” I followed her lazily into the nursery.
“Yeah?” she began opening the box for the cot.
“What if I am not good dad,” I stood in the middle of the nursery feeling overwhelmed by everything.
“What are you talking about?” she frowned, “you are going to be a great dad.”
“Just worry I make mistakes,” I began rambling.
“Hey,” she walked over to me and cupped my face, “everyone makes mistakes but that isn’t going to make you a bad dad.”

I didn’t know if I was feeling this way because I was over tired and stressed but as Jessie stood in front of me, her hand caressing the side of my face I couldn’t help but feel all my worries wash away.

“Now how about we set this room up?” she pulled away once I had given up feeling terrible.
“Ok,” I straightened myself up and let Jessie take charge.

She had an image in her head about the nursery and I didn’t really mind where things where as long as Andrei was in it.

“All we have to do is put up the change table and then we are done,” she stood next to me and admired the room.
“I think the grey look good,” I spoke up sliding my arm around her waist.
“It does right? See all that arguing at the shop was useless,” she patted my chest before pulling away.
“You only win because I not want to argue.”
“Or you are just really lazy.”
“I am not lazy,” I looked at the dogs who couldn’t care less about us.
“It’s ok I still love you. But if you want to prove you aren’t lazy putting this up would be a good start,” she pointed to the change table.
“I helped,” I tried to defended myself.
“Yes, we established that you would build things and I would put it where I wanted it.”
“Can we eat?”
“If you make that I will go get food, deal?” she smiled holding out the screwdriver knowing I wouldn’t be able to argue that.
“Ok deal,” I took the screwdriver and got to work.

Jessie disappeared for what seemed like almost an hour as I grew frustrated with the change table.
“Jeffrey it not fit,” I grumbled as he just stared at me.
“You not help,” I tossed a piece of plastic at him which only made him get up and leave.
“No Jeffrey come back,” but he didn’t, he was gone.

“Are you done yet?” Jessie walked in before stopping and looked pleased with my work.
“All done,” I stood up rather proud of myself.
“Doesn’t it look amazing?”
“Yes, did good job,” I gave her a kiss on the forehead, “but I want food,” I reached around her and took the bag from her hands.

I fished out the Chinese that I was dying to eat before flicking on my phone to check the time, “it’s one in the morning.”
“Really?” her eyes went wide before pulling out her phone too, “I told you time flies when you’re having fun.”
“This not fun,” I shook my head.
“Why?” she looked offended as I sat down in the rocking chair.
“Screwdriver stab me,” I put my hand up to show her my war wounds.
“Aww,” she sat down in my lap, “let me kiss it better.”

I loved being with Jessie. Out of all the girlfriends I had there wasn’t any other like her. She was my rock, she was everything I wanted and so much more. Even though we had been through a lot I would never have been able to do it with anyone else.

“This was good pick,” I ran my hands over the arms of the chair.
“I know it’s really comfortable,” she rested her head on my chest.
“All good pick,” I looked around at the dark wood furniture waiting to be put to use.
“All I have to do is put his clothes away and a few things around on the shelves and this place will be perfect,” she smiled kissing my cheek.
“Perfect room for perfect boy,” I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/516971/Shining-Like-Lighters-in-the-Dark/ Alright if more of you guys go over and check this out you may just get some Andrei in the next chapter :)