Status: VERY slow updates. Don't read if you're too impatient. Feedback appreciated :)

South Ithilien High School

5 - Photography Class

(Frodo's POV, Friday)


It was Friday, and it was getting close to lunch, so no one was really paying attention in class. Everyone was being loud and rambunctious. Everyone except for Sam. It was off putting to see my good friend in such a state. He was quiet and awkward, but then I realized why. His long time crush, Rosie Cotton, had chosen the seat right next to him and was trying to engage him in conversation. As it was Friday, we were also going to be assigned the project we would start next week. I smiled to myself as Mr. Schuffert introduced the project. I knew just how to fix this problem.

"Alright class, this week we're doing landscape projects. Partner up." I moved fast. Sam always tried to partner up with me, and Rosie would always partner with her friend, Primrose. So, naturally, I did what any good friend would do.

"Hey, Primrose, will you be my partner?" I asked, my eyes twinkling mischievously. Being the bright, pretty hobbit she is, she caught on quickly. She returned my mischievous smile.

"Of course, Frodo!" She smiled and slid down to make space at her table next to her for me. I smiled gratefully and sat down, then looked at Sam's betrayed face innocently.

"Oh, Sam, I'm sorry! I wanted to work with Primrose this time. I think Rosie is free for this project, though!" I smiled. He blushed.

"Mr. Frodo, I-I don't know if I-" Rosie smiled and placed her hand on his elbow.

"Sam, would you like to be my partner? It seems our friends want to work together this time." The color of his face rivaled that of a tomato.

"O-Of course, Rosie," he said shyly. They sat on the other side of the circular table together. Primrose and I shared another sneaky grin before talking about landscapes.