Sequel: Waking Up in Vegas

Northern Downpour

02

Everyone got settled and recuperated from both travel and apparently partying. According to Danny last night was filled with quite the rambunctious activity and they had all ended up here at Marge's though no one could discern how. Typical boys. There were four other boys in addition to Kevin and Danny; Scotty who was visiting from New Hampshire, Jack and Luke, the brothers from down the way, and Mason who was crashing supposedly at Kevin's but who had just followed the party.

"Are you guys going boarding?" Marge asked as she sat next to Danny, his hand on her leg.

Jack, who had his arm tossed over his eyes as he sat the complete opposite way on the couch (legs up against the wall, head towards the ground), "I think we're all too hungover." the brunette blurted out.

Haley chuckled as she looked around the room and, frankly, had to agree. The boys looked far too rough to be going anywhere. "You guys look, pardon my language, like shit." She blurted out as she sat observing everyone.

Scotty laughed a little and Kevin smiled at her, "We don't look that bad." Scotty, another taller brunette remarked. "At least we're awake." He said as he looked over at his friend with the curls, "Well, most of us."

Haley just smiled with a nod, "Well, I think I'm going to at least go for a walk. I have to do Something." She said as she headed to the bedroom to change.

Haley came out moments later in jeans and her ski jacket, just layered enough underneath to keep her warm. "Would anyone else like to go with me?" She asked to the room full of people that were simply watching some made for TV movie, Jack and Danny fighting over the remote.

"I will." Kevin said, his head tilting back to look at her from his position on the couch right in front of her.

Fifteen minutes later they were walking away from the Simpson house down the long snow-covered driveway. Kevin hadn't really taken that long but it had taken that long to convince him that she would be plenty warm enough under her jeans (No, really, she had layers).

"So..." The older man said as he walked, his hands tucked his pockets, "You go to college with Marge?"

Haley gave a nod, "Yeah, she's been real nice to let me tag along this weekend." She smiled as she walked, "You're friends with Danny right?"

Kevin was watching her and Haley could feel it, it sort of weirded her out but she figured there wasn't much she could do about it right now, "Yeah, I usually don't stay here like that though."

"I get it. I've partied my fair share. It is college after all." Haley replied, looking around at the scenery and adjusting her beanie a bit to cover her ears. She inhaled the deep cool air and then sighed, "This all reminds me of home." her voice had changed, it was filled with longing and she thought of her brother, mom, and dad.

Kevin smiled as he looked away from her briefly. He thought she was cute, even if she didn't know how cute she looked, he thought she was the cutest. "Where's home?" He casually asked.

"Colorado." Haley replied almost instantly, "Oh man, I miss it. Well, I miss all the scenery and the mountains and it was so perfect." She blushed, "Listen to me, rattling on. I probably sound homesick."

Kevin laughed and shook his head, "Nah, not really." He leaned over closer to her, his voice lowering some. "You should hear me during the season." the older admitted, "If the guys heard about how much I whine about being home to Shaun, I'd never live it down I think. So, I think it's normal to miss home."

Haley looked up at Kevin with a smile. It was kind of nice to connect with someone who sort of got what being homesick was like. Haley always felt like it was worse in the winter, especially after the trip home. She walked with him for quite a while, taking a turn at the end of the drive and heading.. well, she didn't really know. It was just nice to walk and talk with someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Catch Me If You Can / Proclamation Of Emaciation - Fall Out Boy