A Million Nights

HE'S SYNYSTER GATES!!!

Annie and Rita climbed the stairs and both went to their rooms. Annie couldn't stop thinking about Brian.

“Come on, Annie. What's wrong with you? Get out of my mind, Brian. Get out!”

Rita had gone to the bathroom and in the moment that she was going through in the Annie's bedroom, she heard what she was saying. She leaned against the door to hear better and she couldn't help smiling to see her friend was completely surrendered.

“Annie, Annie... I hope this story has a future!” – She said to herself. Annie sat on her bed with arms resting on her legs and hands in her face.

"He's just a guy you met at the beach and you most likely don't going to see him again, so return to the real world, Annie. Return to the real world!"

She looked at the ceiling, closed her eyes, took a deep breath and stood up of bed. She started taking off her clothes and put on her pajamas. She lay down on her bed and that sweet smile didn't leave her face. Annie closed her eyes again and traveled to the beach and she remembered everything that happened until she finally fell asleep.

*** Rita’s POV ***

I can't believe what is happening to Annie. She hardly falls in love. It’s true that it's a very trying time and she's very needy. We lost a great friend recently and for that reason, including others, we decide to move us to here. We miss our lives in our country, we miss our family and friends. But we belong here and we feel well here. But Annie is very sensitive. She needs something or someone to guide her and to make believe in her dreams. I think Brian is that person. I think that Annie thinks Brian is that person. Well, he must be a very special person to have left her that state. I want so much they see each other once again!
She’s scared. She is afraid about if she won't see him again. But I have a good feeling about our trip around the city tomorrow. Annie wanted to change her life and I think her life will change dramatically ... in a good way, of course. I'm so excited for her! So I decided to go to her bedroom to see how she was. I knocked on the door and I called her. She didn't reply. Possibly she was already asleep. Slowly, I opened the door and there she was in bed sleeping with the lights on. I approached her and I saw a 'sleeping Annie' who I had never seen in life. She was asleep, with a wonderful smile and she looks so calm and peaceful. I gave her a kiss on her cheek, turn off the lights and I left her room. I'm really happy for her. I went back to my room and I went to sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day.

*** Brian’s POV ***

Zacky decided to sleep in my house. So we had a good time together! He drank all night long. It was the worst idea we've had because we have forgotten that we had to go to the studio the next morning and we would wake up with a terrible headache. But it was a good time. It’s been a long time since we haven't had so much fun like that.

“Hey you, Syn!”

“What’s up, Zacky?”

“She has a friend, right?”

“She? Are you talking about my Annie?”

“Yeah! Your Annie has a friend, right?”

“Yes, she has. Her name is Rita. They are like sister like us.”

“You have to see Annie again, dude!”

“Yes, I do. That girl is always in my mind.”

“I know that. But you have to see her again because I wanna meet her friend! If she is as hottie as you said Annie is ...”

“Fuck you, Zacky! I never said that Annie is hottie. I mean, she is... a lot! But what captivated me were her eyes ... My God, the way she looked at me..."

“Wow! Gates, take it easy, man! I don't wanna see you having an erection.”

“Jesus Christ, Zacky! This isn't something physical. This time it isn't about spending a night with her in a hotel room. I want more than that. I want to meet her. I wanna know all her faults and qualities. I want to fall asleep and wake up next to her. I wanna do a tour knowing that she will be waiting for me with pride in my work. I want her to catch me up on everything I do… Fuck! I'm going crazy! I only saw her once, GODDAMMIT!"

“I’ll call the guys!!!”

“Uh?”

“Syn, I know you are a little bit drunk… just a little bit! But when we are drunk we only say the truth and you are saying lots of things with no sense…”

“You know what? Do what you want. I’m going to my bed. Tomorrow morning we’ll have to work!”

“Ok, ok! Have beautiful dreams with… Annie!" - I was really upset with Zacky. I know if we were sober he would understand my side. I hit him with a pillow, I said goodbye to him and I went upstairs.

“Zacky, you know where is the guest room, right?”

“Yeah, man. Don’t worry! See you tomorrow!"

“See ya, kid!”

I was really drunk! I fell on the stairs but I got up very quickly. I went to the bathroom and then I went to my room. Generally, we drink to forget but I could drink without stopping... The alcohol didn't make me forget Annie. I lay down on my bed and I just remember waking up the next morning with cold water in my face.

“Good morning, Mr. Gates! Time to wake up with a big headache!”

“Fuck, Zacky? What's wrong with you?

“Come on, man. Go take a shower and eat something. We’re late!”

I got out of bed and went to take a shower. God, my fucking head was going to burst at any moment.
I took a shower, I wore myself and I went to the kitchen to take a breakfast with Zacky. We were already ready and then we went to the studio.

“I drive!”

“No problem, man.” - I let Zacky drive. Anyway, I couldn't even walk.

We come to the studio and the guys were already there. Val, Matt’s wife and Michelle’s twin sister, were there too.

“Good morning, guys!” – Zacky and I greet everyone.

“Morning! What happened to you? Did you spend all night long awake or what?” – Johnny asked us brazenly.

“A long story! Now we have lots of work to do.”

“Before that, Brian I need to talk to you.”

“If you came here to talk about your sister, forget it.”

“She is so sad, Brian. Are you sure you want a divorce?”

“I've never been so sure in my life, Val. I know she's your sister and you wanna see her happy, but this marriage was a mistake. A big mistake! She doesn't know me well. I don't know her well. I don't wish bad things to her. I hope she’d find happiness with someone better than me. She knows that for me we still friends. But just that. Friends! Come on, guys! Let’s make some rock!”
Then, Val went next to Matt and told him she was leaving.

"I need to talk with my sister. See you later."

"She will be fine. Give her time! But will you lunch with me?"

"Yes, of course. I'll call you later."
Val came back home and we started talking about the video clips for some songs of Nightmare album. For the first time since my meeting with Annie I wasn’t thinking about her. This time I was thinking about Jimmy.

“Well guys, I think we should start with the hardest one: So Far Away.” – Matt said.

“No, no, no, man. We should start with Nightmare. It’s the first song of the album and we are completely concentrated in that. So Far Away should be the last one being done because… it’s very hard to all of us… and if we do it first we’ll become sad and we won’t be concentrated for the others.” – I said to him. I just didn't want to have that discussion with them. I just wished that Jimmy was there with us, saying crap and making us laugh.

“Ok. You’re right! Do you agree that Nightmare should be the first one? - said Matt talking to Johnny and Zacky.

“Yeah, we agree with Syn!”
We continue talking about the videos and other projects we had in mind. However, it was almost time to go to lunch and my stomach was already calling for me.

“Well kids, my beautiful wife is waiting for me!” – Matt started to pick up their things and showed us a big smile. That guy is really in love. And I'm so glad for him!

“We shouldn’t ever let a beautiful maiden waiting for us! I go with you, Matt. Lacey is waiting for me too.” – Johnny is another guy who has the love stamped on his face.

“Syn, Syn… We're destined to be together.”

“You’re right, Zacky. Let’s have lunch. Last week opened a new restaurant near here. We could go there.”

“I’m in. Syn, are you ok man?”

“Yes, I am. Why are you asking that?

“Did you forget what happened yesterday?”

“Are you talking about Annie?”

“Yes. Are you ready to see her again in the restaurant?”

“What the fuck are you talking about?”

“I’m kidding, man! But… nobody knows!”

“Come on. I'm hungry!”

*** Zacky’s POV ***

I saw that during the meeting of the band, Syn was concentrated but always thinking about Jimmy. But when we were organizing the things to going lunch, his eyes revealed what was in his mind: Annie.
We drank a lot last night and we both were with a horrible headache. I don't know if it was alcohol or the headache, but there was something that made me think we were going to see Annie at the restaurant.

“Why are you smiling?”

“Because she will be there… at the restaurant!”

“There you are with same conversation once again! Do you know something about her?”

“No, man. Of course not. But… I don’t know. I think she’ll be there.”

“Shut up! We are coming.”

*** Annie’s POV ***

I woke up this morning very excited. I was awakened by the wonderful smell coming from the kitchen. Rita should be making pancakes. I took a shower, put on some black leggings and a white and black tunic. And of course, I got my high heels. I went back to the bathroom to put some makeup on me. Just a little bit of eye shadow and eyeliner.
I went downstairs and I went into the kitchen to help Rita!

“Good morning, Sis!”

“Wow! Good morning, Miss Annie! You have to see Brian today. You are so gorgeous today! “

“What are you talking about? I dress always this way. It's my style and you know that!”

“Yeah, I know! But there’s something different on you today. You become more beautiful when you fall in love!”

"Oh, come on!" - I couldn't hide a little smile which appeared on my face.

"Am i seeing a little smile? Am I?"

"Rita! Stop it! You’re making me blush!"

"So, does it mean I'm right?"

"No, it doesn't. It doesn't mean anything. Can we go get the breakfast?”
We ate those fabulous pancakes and we prepared to leave. We got in the car and we drove to the mall. We spent some money on clothes, heels, makeup, perfumes ... well, girl stuff! Then we sat on a park bench to rest a bit.

“Jesus, I’m so tired!”

“Shopping is one of the best ways to lose weight.”

“I know a better way to lose weight, Annie.”

“For God's sake!”

“What? I was talking about running on the beach, bike riding, going to the gym...”

“Yeah, yeah ... If I didn't know you ... Look I'm hungry. Can we go home to eat something?”

“Near of my workplace opened a new restaurant. We could go there. It’s very close of here.”

After a few minutes' drive, we arrived at the restaurant. We entered and immediately afterwards the host got near and took us to a table that was free. We sat down and the waiter guy brought us the menu. We choose what we wanted to eat and he brought us the entrées.

“Rita, I have to go to the toilet, ok?”

“No problem. I won't run away!”

I got up from the chair and went to the bathroom. The restaurant had a warm and familiar atmosphere. Rita was alone waiting for me.

*** Rita’s POV ***

While Annie went to the bathroom, I was admiring that entire environment. There were people of all styles. That restaurant had nothing to do with the Portuguese restaurants. I was living an authentic American dream. But everything around me stopped when the restaurant door has opened. The place where I was sitting gave me the opportunity to see the door and I was seeing people coming and leaving the restaurant. But at that moment I saw two people that I weren't expecting to see in that restaurant. These people were Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance.
I see the host go to them. Then I see the host coming towards me and they followed him. I was glued that chair. I was simply moving my eyes to follow that entire real movie that was happening even before me. To my amazement, they were even on the table next to ours and I was about to have a panic attack when Zacky looks at me and smile. Maybe the panic attack that I was about to have, it became a courage attack.

“I'm sorry to be bothering you but just wanted to say that I am your fan and I have great admiration for you. And I'm sorry I was so elated but I wasn't even expecting find you guys here.” - Zacky didn't take his eyes off me while Syn was looking at him smiling.

“Thank you very much and don't worry about that. We are accustomed. Are you alone?” – Zacky asked me if I was alone. Oh my God! Annie, hurry up!”

“Oh no. I'm with my sister. Ups, she’s not my sister. She’s my best friend Annie. She went to the bathroom.”

When I spoke about Annie, Syn stared at me and when I finished what I was saying, Brian and Zacky looked at each other. Syn was in shock and Zacky couldn't stop laughing. I was very confused. I didn't understand anything of what was going on there. I was very excited to be able to think of something. Suddenly I see Syn looking in my direction but not at me and he smiled. I never saw him smiling like that!

I turn back and I see Annie coming with the phone in her hand. I went back to look to Syn and it was there that I understood that Syn is the guy that Annie met on the beach.

“Rita, you will not believe what happened to me! I was in the toilet when…”
Annie stopped talking when she saw Brian. She showed the most beautiful smile I've ever seen in her face.

“Oh my God! Oh... my... god! Please tell me that your friend didn't meet a guy called Brian on the beach yesterday in the evening!” – Zacky asked me.

“Please tell me that Syn didn't meet a girl named Annie on the beach yesterday in the evening!” – And I answered him.

“Brian?”

“How is it possible? Annie ... Oh my God!”

Annie and Brian were face to face looking at each other just smiling. It was visible how happy they were to find each other again. I was just shocked by all I was seeing. Annie fell supposedly in love with Synyster Gates. She had a "meeting" with Synyster Gates. She was with Synyster gates and she didn't recognize him! My will was to beat her at that moment! But I was very happy for her.

*** Zacky’s POV ***

I was faced with a romantic comedy. I didn’t believe what I was seeing. What is the probability of finding a person we have just met the day before at a restaurant that just opened a week ago, in a city as big as Huntington Beach. Moreover when we don't have any information of the person in question. I don’t believe in coincidence or destiny but in this case, I think they are really destined to be together.
While Syn and Annie kept looking at each other, I started chatting with Rita, Annie's friend. She is beautiful. I mean, both are beautiful. They are somewhat similar. They both have a very deep look and a beautiful smile. But when I entered the restaurant and saw Rita, I can't deny, she caught my attention

“So, you are Rita.”

“Yes, I’m Rita! How do you know?”

“Last night, Syn didn’t stop talking about Annie. 'Wow, she’s so beautiful. She has the best voice I’ve ever heard, and so on…' and he told me that she has a sister, or a best friend.”

“Yeah, we are like sisters. She’s very important to me. My life without her wouldn’t be the same. I love her very much. Anyway, I think they are in love for each other!”

“You’re right, girl. You are so right!”

*** Third person’s POV ***

While Rita and Zacky talk, Annie and Brian are still looking at each other, completely in shock, trying to say something. But with all that confusion, Annie starts to get nervous.

“Brian, did you follow me? What is your purpose? I thought we could be friends but ... how could you?”

“Hey, hey Annie! Take it easy, ok? I didn’t follow you! I don't know anything about you! How could I follow you? I’m as surprised as you.”

“But… but… I don’t understand! This is a big city. There are lots of restaurants here. How could we go to the same restaurant, at the same time? How is it possible?”

“It’s destiny!” - Rita and Zacky said to us, smiling.

Annie and Brian looked again at each other and smiled. Brian decided to break the ice and, looking discreetly for Zacky to feel his support, asked to Annie:

“Can we have lunch together?”

“Of course, we can! We have too much to talk about!”

“By the way, you look gorgeous today!”