A Million Nights

Fairy Tale

They moved to another table for four. They were all very excited about what had happened. Annie and Brian were still a little confused. But the happiness was bigger than anything else. They were delighted with each other and with the way the "destiny" brought them together. But they were not the only ones who were living a "fairy tale". Rita and Zacky wouldn't stop talking. It seemed they known each other for a long time. Despite all this, Annie continues without realizing that was before two members of the band Avenged Sevenfold. But it wouldn't be for a long time.

*** Annie’s POV ***

I couldn't believe what was happening. I couldn't stop laughing every time I looked at Brian. When I saw him sitting right next to ours table, looking and smiling at me ... My God ... I can't even find words to describe what I felt in that moment. I just know that time stopped around me, everything fell at my feet and I felt something in my stomach, like butterflies. I confess that at first I thought everything was a joke or he was a pervert or something and he was following me. But I took a deep breath, we talked a bit and I realized that most probably this would have been a work of fate or something.

“Well, we knew each other yesterday and today we’re already having a lunch together!”

“I think we're going too fast in this ‘relationship’!” – I said to Brian, with a mischievous smile, doing inverted commas with my fingers.

“This ‘relationship’? I hope our relationship lose this inverted commas, someday.”

“Me too. I mean... I’m sure we'll be good friends!”

“Friends… yeah! We'll be good friends, of course…” – Brian was a little disappointed with my answer. Even if I wanted to say ... well, that I'd wanted to be more than a friend, I couldn't do it. It was still too early to say anything about our "future" as friends or... something more than that. Everything can change with time. We don't know anything about each other yet.

“Who knows? Maybe we’ll become more than that!” – Gosh! What crossed in my mind to say this? Brian looked at me very quickly. He couldn’t hide a little smile in his face.

“That would justify the fact that I spend the day thinking on you!”

However, we were interrupted by the butler who served us the lunch.

“Your friend and Rita... who knew!”

“Yeah, Zacky is a charmer!”

“I had already noticed that!”

“Oh really?”

“Yes! Jesus, his eyes… look at that! Hey Zacky, let me tell you that you have beautiful eyes.”

“Thanks Annie! Let me say that yours can seduce any man in this room!” - Zacky understood my game and he aligned in that perfectly. Brian wasn't happy with that conversation. But Zacky was keen to reverse the game. This time, it was against me (with Rita’s help).

“But despite that, only one man in this room can win your heart.”

“And she is eager to win his heart too.”

“Shut up, Rita! You two are a dreamers!”

“Are they?” - Brian looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes ... I had a big urge to kiss him. I feel bad every time I think about it. But there is something about him that makes me want him more every day. The problem is: I just met him yesterday!

“So guys, where are the rest of the band? Where is Shadows and Johnny?” – Wow! Band? Shadows? Johnny? What the fuck, Rita?

“They should be having lunch with their girlfriends. But don’t worry! You both will meet them someday!” – Brian answered to her.

“Wow! Val and Lacey! Lucky girls! I won’t even talk about Michelle and Gena... there are women with lots of lucky!”

“About that… I broke up with Michelle and…”

“…Gena broke up with me…”

“Oh shit! I’m so sorry about that… I didn’t know!”

“No problem! Even the guys know! But we’re great about that!”

“Rita, can you go with me to the toilet? Please…”

“Of course! We’ll be right back!”

“Girls!”

“Haha! Very funny, Mr. Muscle!”

I was freaking out with that conversation. I didn't understand anything. I had to understand what’s going on there! So, Rita and I went to the toilet.

“Hey Annie! Calm down! What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? What the fuck were you talking about? Band? Who is Shadows? Who is Johnny? Who are Michelle and Gena? How do you know so much about them?”
Rita looked at me with a confused look. Until I started putting the pieces together and...

“Oh my God! Are they Synyster Gates and Zacky V? AVENGED SEVENFOLD?”

“Yeah, girl! And the guy of your dreams is Synyster Gates!”

“Are you fucking kidding me?”

“How did you not recognize him? I always thought you would recognize him when you saw him with Zacky.”

“Of course I didn't recognize him. I didn't see anything in front of me when I saw Brian. I didn't even look right for Zacky!”

“I'll give you an advice. Do not let that guy get away. It’s beautiful the way he looks at you, the things he says to you... forget that he is Synyster Gates! Focus on Brian, ok? And… he’s single now!”
Rita gave me a hug and we went back to the table where the boys were waiting for us. I was so nervous. How did not I understand who they were? How did not I notice that Brian was Synyster Gates? I couldn't help and when I sat next to Brian, I gave him a punch on his arm and I said:

"Why did not you tell me?”

*** Brian’s POV ***

Well, Annie and Rita went to the toilet and Zacky and I took the opportunity to talk about them.

“Now I understand why you're completely surrendered, Syn.”

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?”

“Yeah, man! And she’s hot! But seriously, she looks at you in a way ... looks like she'll kiss you anytime!”

“So, why didn’t she kiss me? God damn it!”

“Wow! You really wish that girl! But take it easy, man. You two need to know each other."

“I think she don’t know who we are!”

“Unlike Rita. She knows exactly who we are.”

“Do you think that it’s a good idea I invite Annie to go on a date with me?”

“Sure, man! But I have a better idea. We can invite them to go to the studio with us, or invite them to a party or something, you know… After that, you and Annie begin to know yourself better because you two will start talking about your lives, experiences, dreams, you'll exchange ideas, and so on ... and, one day, when you feel prepared for that, you say to her that you will have a date with a girl and you need her help. She’ll help you to prepare everything and in the end, you tell her that the meeting is for her. What about that?”

“I’ll think about it! Thanks, man!”

“Here they come!”

I was thinking in Zacky's plan. It was a good idea but I still have a long road ahead. I saw Annie coming towards us ... she is so perfect. Her long black hair, her baby skin, her seductive brown eyes, her body ... she is a goddess! But to my amazement, when she sat down, she punched me in the arm and told me:

“Why did not you tell me?”

“Jesus Christ, Annie! That hurt!”

“Sorry! But, why did not you tell me?”

“About what?”

“You are Synyster Gates! Why did not you tell me?”

“I thought you knew who I am!”

“I didn’t! I’m sorry but…” - She was so embarrassed. But I can’t deny. I love seeing her like that.

“Annie, don’t worry about that… I just want you show me who you really are and I'll show you who I am.” - I touched her face with one of my hands. For the first time I felt the softness of her skin. I felt my body trembling. But when she looked up and looked me in the eyes... She didn’t answer me. It wasn’t necessary to do it. That look was enough.

Zacky and Rita made a point of reminding us that they were present and they began talking louder with each other. Annie smiled at me, held my hand and said:

“We should continue eating before the food gets cold."

We finished eating, we paid and we left the restaurant. During the lunch, the four of us talked a bit about the band. Annie seemed to know a lot about music, which made me very curious to know more about her. Annie and Rita also told us some adventures they lived when they moved to California. In fact we spend a good time together and I managed to know a little bit more about Annie. It was a wonderful day and Zacky and I had nothing to do. We looked at each other and we were sure we were having the same idea. Annie and Rita were still talking with one another. Every time I looked at Annie I only wanted hug her and take her with me to a place with no one else. Just she and I.

“Hey girls, what will you do the rest of the day?”

“I don't know... do you have any idea, Annie?”

“No, I don’t. Why, Zacky? Do you have something in mind?”

“Yeah! You girls will go to the beach with us!”

“Good idea, mate!”

“I don’t think so!” - Annie wasn’t too happy with the idea. But why? What was wrong with going to the beach with us? Everyone looked at her, confused, waiting for an answer.

“Why? It would be a great idea! It’s an opportunity to get to know each other’s. Come on, Annie, come on!”

Rita held Annie's hand, begging her to go with us. I was asking the heavens to hear a "yes" getting out of her mouth.

“Ok. We’ll go with you!”

*** Annie’s POV ***

I could not believe it. Brian and I together again on the beach. I was nervous with that but at the same time I was happy to be with him again. Our lunch time was so funny! When I agreed to go with them, Rita hugged me thanking me for everything. After all, we were with Synyster Gates and Zacky V. The guys began walking next to Brian's car. Rita looked at me with a serious face, then she looked at the guys ... Suddenly, she started jumping and she said to me:

"We'll go to the beach with Zacky and Syn! Oh my God! I'm freaking out, Annie!"

"Rita, stop! Do you want everyone staring at us?"

"I don't care! I'm so happy and you'll kiss Brian today! I knew this day was going to be awesome!"

She even gave me the opportunity to answer her. She jumped again and started walking next to the guys. I was walking behind her but each time I was more nervous. And I became more nervous after hearing what Rita told me: “…you'll kiss Brian today”. I increasingly had more desire to do it. But I had to control myself. Anyway I want him to know me. I want to show him that I will be a good friend. I'll tell him about my dreams, experiences, fantasies, everything about me. And it was becoming easier.
We already were with the guys.

“Well, it’s 2 pm! We’ll go home to get our things. Do you need a ride?”

“No, Brian. Thank you. I have my car over there. Do we meet at 3pm?”

“Yes. Perfect!”

“So, see you later!”

Rita was already going next to my car and Zacky was already inside the Brian's car. I said goodbye to Brian and I headed to my car. But he called me and my whole body trembled in seconds.

“Annie, wait!”

I turned around and he was coming next to me.

“I just wanna tell you that… It was very good to see you again.”

“It was good and completely unexpected! I loved being with you. But we still have a great afternoon ahead. So I think we'd better go home... to get our stuff and…”

“Sure! See you at 3, right?

“Right! See you, Mr. Muscle Gates!” - I said to him with a wicked smile.

“Yeah, yeah! Mr. Muscle will be waiting for you… I'll declare a war!”

“Uhhh! I'm so excited to see your best weapons.”

“You'll regret it!”

“Annie! Come on! I have to go depilate myself!”

I'll forget that Rita said that. Brian and I started laughing a lot until we said goodbye and we went home. We were already at home. I ran upstairs and I went to my room! I put my black and white bikini on and I wore a purple dress. I picked my hair and I was ready to go. Oh wait! My sunglasses! Now, I was ready to go.

“Rita, I’m ready!”

“Jesus! You’re really excited! What time is it?"

“It’s two forty-five! Hurry up!”

“Annie, I’m in the bathroom! Wait a minute.”

“Come on!”

Passed 20 minutes, Rita was ready!

“Can we go? We’re late!”

“Annie, we’re women, remember?”

“We’re women, remember?” - I was teasing with her. – “Let’s Go!”

*** Brian’s POV ***

“Come on, Zacky! What are you doing, man?”

“I'm wearing myself!”

“Come on! You only need to wear shorts and put the sunglasses on!”

“No, no, no! I’m Zacky V. and I’m perfect. So I need to feel perfection in me.”

“Oh my good God! Shut up and down the fucking stairs!”

“I’m coming, Syn! You look very nervous.”

“Of course, I’m nervous. Annie should be waiting for us.”

“Annie and Rita!”

“Whatever! Are you ready?”

“Yeah! We’re going to the beach and we’ll be with two hottie girls and Syn is in love for one of them…” – Zacky was very excited and he started doing stupid song about this “date”.

“Shut up, you jerk!” – I was trying to be serious but I can’t be serious with Zacky. Much less now!
We were about to reach the beach. I parked the car and we are faced with Annie and Rita. Jesus Christ, she is beautiful anyway. She was so gorgeous, sexy and cute! We got out of the car and we wet next to the girls. Zacky continued singing:

“I'm Zacky. He’s Syn and we are the perfection that you've already seen! Hey, girls! Did you wait too much for us?”

“Hey guys! Not really. We arrived right now!”

“All right! The beach is waiting for us!”