Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

You got that Einstein ?

Billie gently placed his hands on top of Jess's, leaning in close to her shoulder. He drew his attention away from what he was doing and tilted his head to the side, smiling as he saw the concentration on her face.

"You're not even listening, are you?"

Jess slowly turned her head around, freezing slightly as she realized how close he had moved to her face. She frowned as Billie kept staring into her blue eyes, feeling a wave of insecurity wash over her.

"What?"

Billie grinned even more, chuckling to himself under his breath.

"Oh nothing..."

Jess frowned and drew her head slightly back, before leaning sideways and hurling her weight into Billie playfully.

"Come on. We've only got like, ten minutes until we have to go to your house. And I want to have at least taught you one thing."

Billie rolled his eyes, but complied with her words ; he leant a little further back from her shoulder, and prepared himself to actually listen for once in his seventeen years of life.

"Okay, so this note here underneath my pinky is called middle C. You got that Einstein?"

Billie laughed as he nodded yes, pressing down on top of Jess's hands to play the note.

"C. Right. Okay. Can we go now? I've learnt something?"

Jess rolled her eyes and shook her head, earning a grin from the raven haired boy sat next to her.

"Don't worry about the black keys for now, lets just learn the white ones. Okay?"

"Yes Mrs Winters."

Jess felt like literally smacking her head into the baby grand piano, enough so that it knocked her out; for the past half hour, he'd either been whining, grinning at her for no reason, or pretending he was a five year old.

Or maybe, he was a five year old?

Ok, maybe he just had the mental age of one.

She couldn't quite tell which.

"Billllliiiieee don't make this difficult please. I'm trying to teach you something that you signed up for."

He huffed before up straightening his posture and taking in a deep breath.

"Ok. What's next then? Is it D or something."

Jess smiled as Billie pressed down on the note in question and waited for an answer ;

He actually had a brain in there.

"Yep. and can you guess what come after that?"

He pressed the next ivory note and spoke enthusiastically.

"E?"

"Yep. The next one?"

"Ummm... it's either F or F sharp."

Jess felt him press down on the note underneath her forefinger, looking up to find his gaze wandering over the length of the piano. He had a very serious, concentrated look about him.

"Oh wait. It's F."

Jess shook her head and chuckled, as she noticed he had his tongue poking out of his mouth.

"What?"

"You. You're funny."

Billie suddenly crossed his eyes over and grimaced back at Jess, causing her to almost fall the piano stool in hysterics.

"Make that very funny."

She managed to choke out the words inbetween laughs, resting her head on his shoulder as she calmed down. She didn't know why she was doing it, but it didn't feel awkward when she did it. Jess sighed as Billie rested his head on her own, slipping his fingers from the tops of hers to the gaps inbetween them.

"D'wanna go now?"

"Ok. I'll go wait outside or something."

Billie reluctantly took his resting head from Jess's and his hands from hers too. Jess lifted her skull from his shoulder and looked into his eyes, smiling softly as he gave a small wave and walked out of her living room. She let out a deep sigh before she turned away from the piano and slid off the quilted stool. She made her way past the dark red sofas that contrasted with the grey walls of the room, slipping through the adjacent door and jogging down the hallway. She then ran up her stairs and entered her bedroom, picking up a black messenger bag that hung on the inside handle of her door.

Jess collected a few items from around her room and placed them inside the bag ; A collection of different sized picks, her wallet, a eyeliner pencil, her notebook with a pen stuck in the spiral part of it, and a lightweight waterproof coat.

She zipped up the bag and strode over to her father's bedroom, stopping just as she got the door to take in a deep breath.

She rapped her knuckles on the white washed wood, shifting her weight between her feet nervously.

"Yeah, come in Jess."

She pushed open the door to find her father with his blue glasses on the bridge of his nose, sitting by a desk in the far corner of the room. She watched as he swivelled around, folding over the newpaper he had been reading.

"I'm just going over to Billie's for my bass lesson, ok?"

Her dad frowned slightly, before sighing and placing his newspaper down.

"Be careful Jess. You barely know this guy."

Jess huffed and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Dad, I have known him for like, aggggeess. That's not barely knowing someone."

Her dad raised his eyebrows, him too crossing his muscular arms over his chest.

It must have been a family trait.

"Anyway, I thought you'd be happy for me to make new friends since.. Well."

"Jess, don't bring that up now."

"Ok Dad, but just because Billie is a boy doesn't mean that he is going to take advantage of me. He a really genuine guy."

Her dad sighed and closed his eyes momentarily, to then unfold his arms and gesture Jess over to his side.

"Fine. I'll trust your judgement of him. Do you have his house number just in case I need to call you?"

Jess walked over to her dad, unzipping her bag and fumbling around in it for her little blue notebook. She flipped through a few pages before exclaiming "AHA!" and showed it to her dad.

" Five one zero, two seven three, and five one eight zero."

Her dad wrote down the numbers before drawing his daughter into a loving hug.

"Don't be back too late ok? And ring me if anything changes or something."

"Ok. Will do."

She put the notebook away and drew backwards from her dad as she smiled at him, and then shuffled out of the room. As soon as she was out of his sight, she printed down the stairs and across the hallway to pick up her house key. Jess ran back over to the front door and opened it, jumping outside and then closing it behind her. She locked it in a swift flick of her wrist and turned on her heel to find Billie sat on the wall at the bottom of her garden. She quietly made her way across the grass that separated herself and Billie, creeping up behind her unsuspecting victim. When she was about half a metre away from him, she leaned in close to his ear.

"Hi."

He almost jumped a mile into the sky.

"HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT JESS YOU SCARED ME!"

He keeled over as if he'd just done a large amount of exercise, placing his hands on his thighs to support his upper body.

Jess hung her arms around her stomach as her insides began to hurt from laughing so much, walking over to Billie to make sure he was actually ok.

"Sorry, I just couldn't help myself."

He smiled weakly at her before straightening up and placing a hand on her shoulder for support.

"It's ok, I would have probably done the same to you."

They both chuckled as they glanced into each other's eyes, getting momentarily lost in the depths of them.

They stayed like that for a few seconds, before Billie's gaze travelled to the pavement. He sighed deeply and was about to remove his hand from her shoulder, until Jess placed her own on top of his. He glanced back up at her from the floor, and realised she had done it out of concern ; she was frowning and her eyes now had a saddened glaze to them.

"You sure you're ok? Look I'm really sorry B-"

"No-no it's fine Jess, I've just had a lot of thoughts whizzing around my hollow head of mine-"

He brought his free hand and knocked his skull for added affect.

" - and you've kinda just rearranged them all."

"Oh."

Jess pulled the gasping boy into a tight hug, resting her head against his chest and positioning her ear over his chest so that she could hear his heart.

"Sorry. I totally know what you mean."

Billie opened his mouth a little, stunned by the girl wrapped around his chest. But he slowly drew his arms around her middle, feeling a little calmer as each second passed.

"It's fine Jess honestly."

When she was satisfied that Billie's heart had returned to a normal-ish rate, she pulled her head back and peered upwards at his face.

"I think we should go now, otherwise I have a feeling Mike may have all smoked the pot we were gonna smoke."

Billie chuckled as he let her out of his arms and gave her a quick kiss on the top of her head which she was oblivious to.

"You're probably right y'know."

Jess unhooked her arms from around Billie's torso and skipped towards his 1980's baby-blue ford, and waited for him to unlock the doors.

When he did, she immediately opened the passenger door and carefully sat down on the black fabric seat with near to no stains on it. Infact, the whole car seemed relatively spotless.
She clicked in her seatbelt and waited eagerly with a grin on her face as he slid into the other seat. She watched him as he shut his door and adjusted the rear view mirror. A sudden shiver overcame Jess, making her jolt slightly.

Billie caught a glimpse of Jess doing this and slowly turned his head sideways, a questioning look on his face.

"What the ffffuccccccccckkk?"

"Sorry, just really excited and hyper."

Jess snorted as Billie dramatically slapped a hand to his face.

Except he misjudged how hard he was flinging said hand.

"OwwWWWW!"

"Nawwwh is baby Billie hurt?"

She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, laughing at his stunned expression when she returned back to her normal posture. She grinned as he calmed down, frowning as she realised Billie was still staring at her.

"What?"

Billie shook his head and closed his eyes.

"Girls..."

************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... I couldn't resist. Sorry. Or not. I gave into the temptation to update rather than do revision;
Whoops. :P