Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Isn't It Illegal To Give Five Year Olds Pot?

"Okay then. I'll just go get the needles."

The assistant strode out of the small white room, leaving the two teenagers along to their own devices. Jess glanced around the room and studied the lone band posters that hung on the plain walls. She eventually brought her gaze down to Mike, who was sat on a large leather chair.

"Thanks Jess. I mean, for coming with me."

Jess smiled back at the lanky boy, walking a little closer to him on the chair.

"Dude, it's okay. Anyway, I'm on here next."

Jess stepped forward and tapped the end of the leather chair, as Mike let out a shaky laugh.

"Are you okay?"

Mike sighed, before holding his hand up to his face. He watched it closely as it shook.

"Yeah. I think. Just a little nervous."

Jess nodded her head and took a few more steps towards Mike. She reached for his hand and held it tightly.

"You'll be fine man. It's not like you're getting your face pierced. It's just your lobes. And that doesn't hurt like, at all."

"Ok then, I guess."

She smiled warmly at him as the piercer returned to the room with two blue sterile packs and a clear bottle, which held a pink coloured liquid. He placed all the items on a black worktop at the back of the room, and proceeded to wash his hands and put some sterile gloves on. Jess turned her head and found herself ogling at his tattoos which covered most of his body. But as soon as he turned and made his way over to Mike, her eyes quickly shifted to the floor. She heard Mike snort as her cheeks started to burn.

"Right ok. I'm gonna have you ask you to move until it's your turn."

Jess complied and let go of Mike's sweaty palm, giving it a little squeeze before moving towards the back of the room. She crossed her arms over her chest and shifted her weight onto her right foot as she watched the piercer clean Mike's lobes with some cotton wool and the pink liquid.

He then removed a small felt-tipped pen from his pocket and took the lid off, reaching up to dot Mike's ear. He did the same for the other and then stood backwards from the shaky boy, assessing whether the dots were relatively in line with each other.

He then walked over to where Jess was standing, and reached for one of the sterile packs. He ripped it open and took out a sharp needle and an earring that was loose in the pack.

The piercer walked back over to Mike and pulled out a small metal table from underneath the chair, and took off the back of the earring. He let it drop onto the table, and then fixed the earring at the other end of the hollow needle.

"Right. This won't hurt too much but you may feel a slight burning sensation."

Mike let out a deep sigh and nodded, sending a weak smile over to Jess.

"You'll be fine man."

"She's right dude."

Mike laughed when Jess stuck her thumbs up, the piercer joining in with the laughter too.

The piercer pulled a small stool over to the chair and grasped Mike's lobe with his fingers. He held the needle up next to the black dot on his ear, and then checked the needle was straight.

"One, two, three-"

He pushed the needle through as Mike's face scrunched up. Jess had to let out a little laugh as Mike realised that it wasn't actually that bad.

"Oh."

A goofy grin appeared on his face momentarily, until it was replaced with a small wince ; the piercer was pulling the needle through the other side of his ear. He pulled it until it came out, the black earring now in place. He quickly put the needle in a little yellow bin and fastened the back onto the earring.

"You ok?"

Mike chuckled as the piercer got off the stool and made his way over to get the other package, still waiting for an answer.

"Yeah. Actually wasn't too bad."

"Told yah."

Mike rolled his eyes at Jess, who was now grinning at him.

Five minutes later Mike stood up from the chair with two black studs fastened in his ears, and strode over to Jess with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"You're next."

Jess let a shaky sigh out before she walked over to the chair and sat down on it. Mike stood at the end of the chair like she had done but the piercer ushered him closer.

"Snake bites generally hurt a little more, so if she wants to like, hold your hand or something then that's fine. Just don't budge me when I have the needle."

Mike nodded and made his way over to Jess's side, whilst the piercer walked out of the room.

"You've got some balls dude."

Jess giggled as she reached out to clasp Mike's hand and squeezed it hard.

" I know, I know. But I've wanted to get these since I fifteen so... TODAY IS THE DAY!"

Mike snorted as Jess thrust her free hand into the air in a fist, and brought his hand to his face when she exclaimed a loud 'WOOP' that echoed around the room.

"Okkkkkayy."

She exhaled shakily as she closed her eyes and rested her head back on the chair.

"Dude today has been so awesome. Just feeling a bit sorry for Billie right now."

Mike frowned as he too, let out a sigh.

"Yeah... But on the upside, we can tell him that squeezing red paint onto someone's head got us awesome piercings. Or. Something."

Jess giggled and shook her head as Mike touched his ear lobe and yelped out in pain.

She was glad that Billie had been put in detention in a way; She wasn't glad for the actual fact that he was in detention, but if he hadn't had poured bright red acrylic paint onto that random student's head, she wouldn't be here with Mike and consequently getting to know him more. And Jess thought that as the minutes passed by, she was sure that she was beginning to relax around him; He had seemed like a nice guy when she had her first bass lesson, but she didn't know if it was a facade or not. But now she had spent most of the afternoon with the blonde haired boy, she almost felt like they had been friends for a long time. And not just a few weeks.

The piercer returned with two new sterile packages, and took off the gloves he had worn for Mike's piercing and threw them in the yellow bin. He went through the same procedure as before, washing his hands and placing another pair of plastic gloves on. He then brought the two packs over and placed them on the metal tray.

Mike watched closely as the piercer dabbed some pink liquid onto a piece of cotton wool, and rubbed it against the skin underneath Jess's lips. He then marked on two dots with the pen and leaned backwards to check the placement. Satisfied, he grasped one of the packages and ripped it open, taking the smooth back off the labret stud. He placed the jewelled part in the end of the needle, and then brought it close up to one of the marked points.

"I'm gonna have to stick a finger in your mouth, so don't freak out ."

Jess obliged as he slid a plastic gloved digit into her mouth, frowning at the horrible taste that started to linger in her mouth.

Mike felt her squeeze his hand a little tighter as he brought his other hand from his side, placing it on the mound of Jess's and his own hands. He slowly rubbed his thumb in circles on her skin as she winced, expecting a lot of pain.

"One,two,Three -"

Mike swore he could hear the bones in his hands cracking all at the same time, as the needle pierced through her skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The raven haired boy sulked as he opened the front door to his house, not wanting to see a school textbook ever again ; After the little fiasco in art, he'd been held in detention during the time that he and Jess were going to hang out. And sitting in complete silence rewriting ten shitty pages from an ancient history textbook, currently was his own absolute hell.

He ran up the stairs and to his room, throwing his bag to the side and kicking his muddy converse off his feet. He sat down on his brown quilted bed, staring at the plain white walls whilst he rubbed his temples.

"OH SO THAT'S A C ! I THINK I GET IT NOW."

Billie quietly laughed as he heard Jess from Mike's room, probably being taught notes on Mike's bass. He got up off the bed and ran out of his room, and across the hallway to Mike's bedroom. He pushed open the door to find Mike facing Billie on the murky purple floor, with Jess sat opposite.

"Hey dude! How was detention?"

Billie groaned at even the mention of that word.

"Fucking horrible. Ugh. "

"Well we had a good time, right, Jess?"

Billie smiled as he walked over to sit down with the other two.

"What did yo- Oh. My. God."

He plonked himself down onto the floor with his mouth slightly open in shock, seemingly mesmerised by Jess's face.

Jess smiled innocently, closing her eyes whilst Billie leaned closer to her face.

"You got your lip pierced?"

Jess opened her piercing blue eyes and then rolled them, handing the yellow precision bass back over to Mike.

"Well duh. Anyway, Mike got his ears done too."

Billie quickly turned his head and crawled over to Mike, lifting a piece of blonde hair from the side of his head to be greeted with a little black stud.

"Awesome man."

He grinned up at the taller boy as he returned to his sitting position. But his gaze soon travelled back to Jess, mainly to the small gems that fastened just underneath her lips.

"What?"

Billie smiled sweetly as he glanced over her face, sighing inwardly.

"They look really cool."

Jess felt blood rush to her cheeks as both boys stared at her. But she covered her face with her hands and swivelled around on the floor.

"Stop looking at me."

She groaned as both boys laughed, and peeked over her shoulder to find them high fiving.
A weird silence overcame the three of them as Jess turned back around. She yawned as Mike reached underneath his bed and got out a small paper bag.

"D'wanna have-"

He didn't have to say it ; Both Billie and Jess launched themselves onto Mike, poking him until he let go of the bag.

"AHA."

Jess held the bag up in the air triumphantly, until she was knocked to the floor by Billie who was now flailing his arms in a attempt to get it out of her hands.

Mike shook his head slightly as he looked on at the sight of Billie and Jess fighting over the bag. Despite the fact he was the youngest out of the three, he definitely felt he was the most mentally mature;

He currently wasn't rolling on top of one of his best friends tickling them.

Mike stood up and walked over to the catfight and reached down to take the bag back, succeeding as both Billie and Jess sulked.

"Isn't it illegal to give five year olds pot?"

He chuckled as both Jess and Billie frowned at him, sticking their tongues out.

He looked at both of them before laughing.

"I rest my case."

****************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Um... Not much to say about this.