Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Charlotte Flint

Gemma frowned and set a hand to her stomach. She was getting sharp pains,the baby would not stop for one second. She felt on edge until.
'Daaaaannnnn!' She shouted as she tried to bring herself to her feet.
'Yes!' He shouted back from the kitchen.
'My waters broke!' She yelled as she wobbled toward the door.
'Hospital Now' He said as he rushed to get his keys and go to her side. He grabbed her hands,guiding her toward the door. He helped her into the passenger seat and did her seatbelt up.
'It'll be alright' He kissed her forehead and closed the door rushing to the drivers seat.
His words somehow did not convince her.
Her breathing was heavy and she tried to keep it at average pace as the approached the hospital.

Once they arrived at the hospital things were happening all in a rush. All the doctors and nurses were on high alert as Gemma had gone in to early labour.
A nurse approached Gemma as she lay on the hospital bed.
'Miss Fowler,how do you want to do this?' The nurse asked with a soothing voice.
'Dan lookede down at Gemma and she nodded. The nurse looked to Dan.
'C section' He said as the nurse nodded and rushed off to prep theatre.

They took Gemma into theatre leaving Dan in the waiting room.
It was fairly late at night on the maternity ward and no one else was around except for the other staff members. A few nurses kept checking up on Dan as the waiting dragged on.

Dan paced back and forth in the waiting room. He played with his hands as he walked across the waiting room over and over again. He began to review the situation.
He had been excited when she told him of her pregnancy. Gemma would be the best mother but Dan always wondered could he be the best father.
But as the suspense grew and Gemma grew farther and farther along,he worried. He had learnt of baby deformations and complications and so many 'what if's' ran through his mind.
He kept taking deep breaths hoping and praying that his girls would be alright.

At that moment a women in green scrubs entered the waiting room.
'Mr Dan Flint?' She inquired
'Yes thats me' He replied still fiddling with his hands.
'Please take a seat' She told him as she sat on the coffee table in front of where he sat.
Dan felt his nerves rise.
'Your daughter is perfect,health,heart rate,pulse everything is looking good' She informed him
'Thats great' He smiled
'But your fiance' She begun 'She went into cardiac arrest half way through the c section'
Dan placed his head into his hands as tears threatened to fall down his face.
The woman placed a hand on his knee.
'We were able to stabilize her' She told him
He looked up at the woman as she spoke.
'She is on a oxygen machine currently but has been asking for you' She admitted as she stood up.
Dan nodded following the woman to the appropriate room.
The woman grasped the door knob.
'But please understand she is only juts out of immediate danger' She informed him as she opened the door and closed it after he entered.

Gemma had her hair flowing down her hospital gown as she lay on the bed with tubes across her arms and the oxygen mask over her mouth. Her face was plae but that was normal.
But her attention never fell to Dab it was focused on a small pink blanketed bundle in her arms.
She looked up from the bundle and over at Dan. She smiled and removed the mask.
He hesitated.staying at the foot of the bed.
'H-how is hse?' He stumbled
'Perfect,right weight,size,all fingers and toes' She laughed as she let the baby wrap her tiny hands around one of her fingers. Dan walked forward and looked at the little girl. The baby's little blue eyes stared up at Dan. Dan smiled back at her.
The baby laughed as Dan smiled. The nurse walked in and picked up a chart making her way to the oxygen machine.
'You won't be needing this from the looks of things' She said as she turned the machine off taking the mask from around Gemma's neck.
'Beautiful little girl,whats her name?' The nurse asked
Dan and Gemma exchanged looks.
They had talked about names on and off for the past few months since the baby scan.
They nodded
'Charlotte' They said in unison
The nurse simled as she wrote it down
'Charlotte Flint' Gemma smirked as she looked back down at the baby
The nurse stayed quiet as she checked the charts.

'Want to hold her?' Gemma asked looking up at Dan
Dan nodded and gently picked up the blanketed being. She let out a whimper at being moved but soon realaxed within her fathers arms. She gave him a toothless smile and reached up her hand to touch Dan's face. She laughed at the odd texture of Dan's stuble.
'You're right she is perfect' Dan smiled as he begun stroking the baby's cheek.
'She has your smile' Gemma said as Dan perched himself beside Gemma.
The nurse was just about to leave.
'Can you please take a photo?' Dan asked as he held out his phone
The nurse nodded and smiled taking the phone from Dan's hands.
They smiled as she took the photo.She passed him the phone and left.
'What are you doing?' Gemma asked
'Instagram' Dan replied placing his phone in his pocket
'The fans will go crazy' Gemma told him
'I know' He replied with a grin 'They can deal with it'

She smiled at his cheeky remark.
Gemma rested her head on Dan's shoulder.
They both sat staring at the little bundle of joy.
Their little girl Charlotte Flint.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah this took a while but I dunno what to say really
But thanks to
-TurnerTitss -Bubbly Brittany -devil's daughter1999
-GodWhatAGoodName -robynaliciawestwood
-fueltothefiree -ptvallie

For their recommendations on this story
Also thanks to
-GodWhatAGoodName (again) -christhiina -TravelerSoul
-krizta -TurnerTitss (again)
For their comments

This story wouldnt have got this far without you lot and all my subscribers so thank you sosososo much for the support and I hope you continue to enjoy the story :D