Status: Active

I Bite My Tongue So You Don't Hear Me

Knowing

After the traffic had died down and they got back to Dan's apartment.They didn't really speak for the rest of the night and Gemma unpacked her stuff.

She was sitting in her new room staring out of the window.
Her eyes where suddenly compelled to stare at her arm.
She looked at the clock. 2am. She sighed.

She walked to the bathroom.
She looked in the cabinet and through the shelves until she found what she wanted.
A razor.
She locked the door and it made a loud click that ran throughout the apartment.

At that time the noise made Dan wake up,he went to Gemma's bedroom,she wasn't there. The living room was empty as well.
The bathroom he thought. Shit.
He ran towards the door and tried desperately to open the door.
He began banging on the door.

She heard him but he was to late.
Her arm was bleeding heavily she had tried not to make a mess

The door lock then burst in half.
Dan stared down at the girl who was now a heap of blood and tears.
Her blurred green eyes stared up at him.
He let out a sigh.
'Why,just why?' He begged for her answer whilst kneeling down at her side grabbing her hand full of tissues.
'I-I-I d-don't k-know' She shuddered
'Just promise me yo won't ever do it again' He asked her whilst wiping her tears from her fragile face.
'D-D-Dan' She muttered again
'Promise Me!' He yelled grabbing her hand tighter.
'I promise! I promise! I promise! Please don't yell Dan' She cried out. She grabbed his t-shirt tight 'Just please no questions' she begged him once more.
'I promise Gemma, just don't ever do this again and I won't question you again' He answered pulling her tight 'Come on to bed you'
He took her fragile hand in his and led her out of the blood stained bathroom.
He didn't take her back to her own room but to his.
He sat her down on the bed and wrapped her in a blanket then took her hand once more.
She stayed silent staring at the wall in front of her.
He placed his hand on her knees and knelt in front of her.
'Question me' She asked bluntly
'Are you-'
'Do it Dan' She pleaded
He looked into her deep tear filled eyes and simply nodded at her request.
'Why?' He asked
'I felt compelled to find a razor' She shuddered when she answered the question.
'How?'
'A dragged it across my arm'
'Once again,why?' He asked again 'You lied'
'I wanted to' She answered honestly
'Reasoning?'
'I needed to, it releaves my pain and guilt. Each cut the pain becomes less but the next day.... regret'
Her eyes fell to the floor away from his gaze.
'I'm sorry' He apologised
'I asked you to, so no need' She begun 'You need to know that this is how I act,the illness compells me to do and be things that I don't do, this is what you are getting into' She admitted

He brushed his hand against her cheek until there eyes met.
'I know,I do not care' She looked up 'Its who you are and I shall be here for you'

They sat in silence yet again.
He looked into her eyes and she gazed back at him.

Her eyes began to flutter open and shut. She yawned.
'Lie down, go to sleep if you want' He said pulling the duvet corner and helping her lie down.
'I'm sorry for causing trouble' She yawned testing her head on one of the pillows. She patted the pillow next to her indicating him to lie down and he did so.

They lay in silence.
Gemma shuddered.
Dan took her into his arms and held her close to his chest.
She eased up in his arms.
They lay together. Closed there eyes.
Her tears dried up on her fragile face and the blood left stains along her arms but she felt safe within Dan's arms as if she has known him all her life.

They fell into a sleep within eachothers arms.
Life was simple forgot.