Sequel: I'll Be There

Hearts Collide

Twas the Fight Before Christmas

"I don't see why you don't want me go!" Alex exclaimed as she entered the kitchen that was unoccupied.

"Because," Tony began trying to come up with a reason for his decision "You always spend Christmas with me. I don't see why you would go to Ellicott. Besides, your mother is always busy around the holidays."

"If she was that busy, then she wouldn't have asked me and Steve to stay with her for the holidays. And I haven't been home since summer," Alex pointed out as she took out a box of vanilla wafers from the cabinet. "Now tell me the real reason you don't want me to spend Christmas with mom," she demanded as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"I don't have to explain to you why. I'm your father; if I don't want you to go somewhere, you listen to me," Tony stated.

"Yeah, but I'm also an adult, so if I want go somewhere, I'm going regardless if you want me to or not," Alex remarked.

"Alex," Tony sighed, "You're being ridiculous."

"No, dad. You are!" she exclaimed annoyed. The two stared at each other for a while and said nothing.

"Alex."

"Yeah, dad," she replied unamused.

"It's not that I don't want you spend Christmas with your mom—"

"Then what is it?"

"Let me finish," Tony continued as Alex mouthed the words 'sorry'. "I just don't want you going with Steve."

"Why not?" Alex questioned.

"Because…you two are going to have a lot of time by yourselves and I don't want you to—"

"Eww," Alex whined in disgust understanding what Tony meant. "Why would you think that— Never mind, I'm not having this conversation with you. You're being over protective and ridiculous!"

"Well what do you expect me to think?" he scoffed.

"I don't know. That I would show Steve around the town I grew up in? I mean he showed me around New York. Besides, don't you think if we were…going to do that, that we would have done it already? I mean we have enough time alone as it is and we live in the same place."

"Wait, so are guys aren't going to do it?"

"I said I'm not going to have this conversation with you," Alex stated as she left the kitchen. "Hi Pepper," she mumbled as she passed by the blonde in the hall way.

"You're not going, by the way," Tony called out from the kitchen.

"I don't care what you say. I'm spending Christmas with mom and Steve!" Alex called out from the elevator.

"What was that about?" Pepper asked as she entered the kitchen.

"Nothing," Tony sighed."What do you need?"

"I have some papers for you to sign. Why was Alex shouting about Christmas with her mom? I thought you and Christina settled that already."

"We did. And we agreed that Alex was going to stay with her until mid January," Tony admitted. "But then Alex talked about bringing Steve with her and Christina liked the idea and I didn't because—"

"Because you're worried Alex and Steve are going to be doing things and you're being an over protective father," Pepper pointed out.

"I'm not being over protective."

"Yes you are Tony," Pepper interrupted. "Remember what happened last time?"

"Yeah," Tony stated annoyed. "I got stuck at a karaoke bar for 3 hours."

Pepper giggled before she said, "Exactly. And if you don't want to end up spending three weeks in the middle of Maryland, you have to stop worrying and trust her."

"You're right. I really don't want to end up in the middle of Maryland. I better go talk to her," he stated before leaving the kitchen.
-------------------------------------------------
Alex entered the living room to find Steve sitting on the couch watching a nature show. She immediately plopped herself on the couch and lay back so that her head was resting on Steve's lap and her legs were stretched out on the rest of the couch.

"Umm, hi, Alex," Steve greeted awkwardly as looked down to see Alex stuff a vanilla wafer in her mouth.

"Hey, Steve," she replied idly.

"You alright? You're not acting like yourself."

"I'm just a little annoyed," she responded. "Did you start packing for Maryland yet? We're leaving next week."

"I thought Tony didn't want you to go. Did he change his mind?" Steve asked.

"Not exactly," Alex sighed. "But it doesn't matter. I'm an adult; I don't have to listen to him."

"Alex. I know you're an adult, but Tony is your dad and Christmas is about family and loved ones. So for whatever bizarre reason he doesn't want you to leave, maybe you should listen. You could always just have your mom come over here again since you want to spend time with her so much."

"This isn't about that, Steve," Alex huffed as she sat up. "The only reason he doesn't want me to go is because he thinks that something will happen between you and me if we're alone."

"What does he think will happen?" questioned Steve confusedly.

"Y'know. Stuffff," Alex hinted. However, Steve was unaware of what she meant. "Y'know stuff that people do…in order to make a baby," she stated bluntly.

"Oh!" Steve exclaimed, turning a slight shade of pink. "That kind of stuff," Steve said as he cleared his throat.

"Yeah."

"So…do you want something to happen?" Steve asked innocently, unsure of how to handle the situation.

"Well—"

"Alex," Tony's interrupted.

"Oh, hi, dad," Alex greeted awkwardly, wondering if he had heard her and Steve talking. "What's up?"

"Listen, about you going to Maryland—"

"I don't care what you say. I'm going and so is Steve."

"Okay," Tony stated plainly.

"What?"

"I said 'okay'."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I was talking to Pepper and she pointed out that I might have been acting a tad bit over-protectively," Tony admitted.

"Just a tad bit?" Alex scoffed which caused Steve to chuckle softly.

"Anyway," Tony averted. "If you want to go to Maryland for Christmas with Steve, I'm okay with it."

"Thanks, I guess."

"Just make sure you don't let your mother catch you two making out or—" Tony mumbled as he left the room.

"Okay, dad. Thanks," she uttered as she turned to face Steve. "So are you ready to spend Christmas in my home town?" she grinned.

"Can't wait for it."
-----------------------------------------------
"Bye, dad," Alex said as she hugged Tony and kissed his cheek. "I'll see you in a few weeks."

"Bye, Alex. I hope you like your gift."

"I'll find out in three days," Alex joked.

"Why don't you just open it now? I want to see your face when you see what I got you."

"No," Alex stated plainly. "Bye, Pepper. I have everyone's gift in my room. Make sure my dad doesn't open his."

"Hey!" Tony whined which caused Pepper to smile.

"Alright I will. Have a good time."

"I will," she replied as she left the lobby with her suit cases and exited Stark Tower. Steve, who was outside, helped her put her luggage in the cab outside and they both stepped into the cab.

"Where to?" asked the cabbie.

"JFK," Alex answered as took Steve's hand in hers. "So are you excited for our first Christmas together?"

"Yes and no," Steve admitted.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, this is my first Christmas in the 21st century. I don't know how to feel."

"Steve," Alex said sternly as she turned to look into his eyes. "Christmas is Christmas no matter what year it is."

"I know, but—"

"But nothing. I promise that you're going to love Christmas in Maryland. It will be just like the last Christmas you had. Ellicott is pretty simple compare to New York and I'll be with you."

"Alright then," Steve sighed in relief as Alex smiled. "I guess as long as I am with someone I care about, that's all that matters."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

A/N: Hey PuccaBabie, thanks for encouraging me to update tonight instead of tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll also update tomorrow if I finish the chapter I'm working on right now. Hoped you guys enjoyed! -Stace