Sequel: I'll Be There

Hearts Collide

She was Trouble

Warning: there is use of the word 'slut' is used by Mrs. Schmeider during the Christmas party (You'll see what I mean when you read). I just wanted to give you guys a fair warning in case it offends anyone.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mom," Alex cried out as she opened the front door to a large, white house.

"I'm in the kitchen," Christina's voice called out. "I'll be there in a second." Alex and Steve entered the house and put their luggage down before brunette woman went out to greet them.

"Hi, sweetie. How was the flight over here?" she inquired. "Are you tired? How's Steve? Does he know where to put his things?"

"I'm fine, mom," Alex giggled as she hugged her mother. "Everything is fine and I was just about to go to show Steve to the guest room."

"Alright, then. I'll let you two settle down. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

"Are you making cookies?" Alex asked in delight as her mouth slightly watered at the thought of the warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies.

"Yes, but they're not for you. They're for the Christmas party at the church tomorrow."

"Mom," Alex huffed, "you only go to church like twice a year. Can't you spare me a cookie?"

"It will spoil your dinner. You can have an apple if you'd like, though. Now go unpack."

"Alright," Alex sighed. "Come on, Steve. Let me show you to your room," she stated as she made her way upstairs, Steve following behind her.

"What was that about a Christmas party?" Steve asked as Alex opened the door to the guest bedroom.

"It's this party that the church holds every year for Christmas. A lot people in the neighborhood go to it, including my mom, so I guess she thought we were going to go with her too. But we don't have to if you don't want to."

"Have you ever been to one of those parties before?"

"No, not really. I was always with my dad on Christmas, so I have no idea what they're like."

"So then I guess it will be both of our first times going."

"So you want to go?" Alex inquired.

"Sure. As long as I'm with you," he replied, earning a grin from Alex.

"Steve, I know you're my boyfriend, but you're really cheesy sometimes," she giggled.

"Is that bad?" he asked confusedly.

"Normally, yes," she stated before she gave him a quick kiss. "But it's cute on you. Now unpack."

"I thought you were going to show me around," he pointed out.

"Okay," Alex began, "well this is the guest room. Down the hall is the bathroom. My room is two doors down—"

"I meant show me around town."

"It's kind of late. I'll show you around tomorrow, okay?"

"Alright."

"Good night, Steve," Alex said before she kissed him softly on his lips and left the room.

"Good night," Steve responded as he began unpacking.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"So over there is where I went to elementary school," Alex stated as she pointed to a red brick building. "And there is the baseball field I used to play in," she continued as she pointed to a field across the school.

"You used to play baseball?" Steve inquired.

"No. I used to fly my model airplanes there until the soft ball team had practice."

"You had model airplanes?"

"Yeah, how do you think I got into engineering?"

"Hmmm, what's that over there?"

"That's the middle school that I went to. I hated it."

"Why?"

"I used to get made fun of and bullied a lot," Alex sighed.

"I know the feeling."

"You used to get bullied for being smart?" Alex inquired as she gave Steve a questioning look.

"No," Steve chuckled. "I used to get bullied for being the little guy."

"Aww, poor Steve," Alex cooed as she wrapped her arms around him and pulled him into a hug.

"What's this place?" Steve asked as he gestured at a small bakery down the street.

"That's Hanna's Bakery. They make the best apple turnovers ever!" she exclaimed as her mouth watered slightly at the thought of the moist cake.

"Can we get some?"

"I thought you'd never ask," she grinned as she took Steve's hand and dragged him to the bakery. A bell rang when the door opened and Alex immediately walked over to the display case of baked goods. She bit her lip in excitement before she heard the voice of an older woman call her name.

"Alex, is that you?"

"Hello, Mrs. Schmeider," Alex greeted. "How are things here?"

"Things are wonderful," the elderly woman responded. "And who's this fine young man?" she questioned, gesturing towards Steve.

"This is my boyfriend, Steve. He came to spend the holidays with my mom and I."

"Is he going to the Church's party?"

"Yes."

"Then you better keep a leash on him; all the other girls there will try to steal him up. Like that Heather girl," Mrs. Schmeider teased.

"Ha! Like I'm going to let that cow go anywhere near him," Alex chuckled. "Besides, she's probably not even in town."

"So, Alex, Steve, what can I help you with?"

"Well, Alex said your apple turnovers were delicious."

"Best in town," Mrs. Schmeider bragged. "I have some that just came out of the oven. I'll go get them for you," she stated before going to the back to retrieve the baked goods.

"So," Steve began, "who's Heather?"

"Just this girl," Alex mumbled. "She's not important though. I doubt you'll ever see her."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alex!" squealed a female voice. Alex turned away from her conversation with Steve, the Church's Pastor, and Mrs. Schmeider, and was met face to face with a tall girl with curly blonde hair and green blue eyes.

"Heather," Alex replied forcing a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you? I heard you're living in New York now; how is that?"

"It's fine I—"

"Who's your friend? I've never seen him before."

"This is Steve. He's my—"

"Hi, Steve," Heather greeted as she flipped her hair. "I'm Heather. It's nice to meet you."

"Hi there," Steve greeted as he flashed the blonde a small smile.

"So how did a handsome man like you end up friends with someone with Alex?" Heather flirted as she twirled her hair.

"I was just telling Pastor Richard the story about how I met Steve and how we ended up dating," Alex stated with a hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Oh," Heather said surprised. "Well good for you, Alex. I never thought you'd get yourself someone like him."

"Heather! Alex!" someone's voice called out.

"Oh, look, it's Martha. We should go say hi."

"You can go. I don't want to leave Steve alone. He doesn't really know a lot of people here."

"Steve's a big boy. I'm sure he'll be fine," Heather stated before grabbing Alex by the hand and dragging her away.

'Help Me' Alex mouthed at the three as she was dragged away.

"Poor Alex," Pastor Richard stated as he nodded his head.

"Who was that girl?" Steve questioned.

"That was Heather. Alex and her used to go to school together," replied Mrs. Schmeider.

"So they're friends?"

"Heavens no!. That little slut would always try to steal Alex's and every other girl's boy friend."

"Mrs. Schmieder," Pastor Richard gasped with a reprimanding tone.

"I'm sorry, Pastor," the elderly woman apologized, "but there is no other way to put it. That girl is trouble. I can't believe you let that girl into this church."

"She can't be that bad," Steve stated. "Right?"
----------------------------------------------------------------
"So, Steve," Heather sang and she made her way over to Steve who was standing alone by the snack table. "Are you having fun?"

"I'm having a good time," Steve replied. "The people in this town are very nice."

"I guess you can say that," Heather scoffed. "But I think this party is dull. Maybe you can come over to my place and I can show you a good time?" Heather semi- slurred as she threw herself onto Steve.

"Heather, have you been drinking?" he asked as he awkwardly nudged her off of him.

"Just a little. My friend snuck some rum in the eggnog."

"You shouldn't do that. Girls your age shouldn't be drinking."

"If you think I'm bad, go look at Alex," Heather scoffed bitterly.

"Steeeevvve,"Alex called out.

"Alex?" Steve questioned as he turned his attention to Alex who was stumbling towards him.

"Steve!" she exclaimed as she glomped him. "There you are!" she squealed. "I was looking for you. What's Heather doing here?"

"She was just—"

"I was just asking Steve if he wanted to come over," Heather responded snootily causing Alex to burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" Heather questioned.

"You, Heather. You're too prissy for Steve and annoying and I don't think Steve wants to catch an STD," Alex slurred which caused Heather to suck her teeth. "And, Heather rhymes with feather," she giggled.

"You know what?, Alex—"

"Okay, that's enough," Steve interrupted. "Heather, leave," he demanded.

"Fine, I don't need you," Heather scoffed. "I can have anybody here," she stated before she walked away.

Alex giggled softly as she stumbled slightly, bumping into Steve's chest causing her to, and giggle again. "Oopps!, Ssorry, Steve."

"Okay., I think I should take you home," Steve stated as he helped Alex up.

"Aww. Is the party over?" Alex asked sadly. "I didn't even get to say hi to Santa."

"It's over for you," Steve responded as he led her to the car.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Do we have any eggnog?" Alex asked as Steve carried her to her bed room.

"No. No more eggnog for you."

"Aww," Alex whined softly which caused Steve to chuckle.

"Here we are," Steve stated as he opened Alex's bed room door.

"Thanks, Steve. You know you're really strong," Alex stated bluntly.

"Yeah, well—"

"And hot!" she grinned as she buried her face in his neck and nipped at it gently.

"Umm—"

"I have a hot boyfriend!" she sang as she slid off of Steve's arms, stood up straight and wrapped her arms around his neck. "That I can kiss whenever I want," she mumbled before she stumbled forward to sloppily kiss Steve. In the process, she pushed Steve, which caused him to fall backward and land on her bed. Alex giggled slightly when she realized that she was on top of Steve. "Y'know, you look hotter when I'm on top of you," she giggled as she attacked his lips again, trailing her lips down his jaw and neck this time.

"A-Alex," Steve panted as Alex nipped at his neck and unbuttoned the top buttons of his shirt. "I don't think we should do this."

"But, Steve," she whined. "I want you," she stated as she grinded her hips against his which caused him to groan softly. "And something tells me you want me too," she grinned as she continued to unbutton his shirt.

Steve sat up, gently pushing Alex off of him so that she was no longer on top of him.

"Oh, I get it. You want Heather, don't you?" Alex slurred, feeling hurt.

"What? No. It's nothing like that."

"Yes, it is," Alex cried as small tears formed in her eyes. "It always is," she mummbled

"No, it's not. I just don't want to take advantage of you; I care about you too much."

"Aww, Steve," she mumbled as she hugged Steve. "I care about you too. We can bang some other time when I'm not drunk. Okay," she stated nonchalantly which cause Steve to blush.

"Okay, it's time for you to go to sleep," Steve said as he got up.

"No. Sleep with me!" Alex demanded.

"What?"

"Sleep with me on my bed. I promise I won't try anything on you," she mumbled.

"Alright," Steve agreed as he kicked off his shoes and walked over to bed to lie down next to Alex.

"Yay," Alex cheered as she clapped her hands. She got up from her bed and began to take off her shirt. Her sudden actions caused Steve to turn slightly red from the sight of her half naked body and turn away as he took of his button up shirt.. A few minutes later, Alex plopped herself on the bed and rolled over so she was close to Steve. "I ready for bed," she mumbled as pulled her blanket over herself and Steve.

"Good night, Alex," Steve whispered as he wrapped an arm around her.

"Good night, Steve," she uttered as she moved closer to him, his scent soothing her as she drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Sorry if buzzed Alex was not your cup of tea, but I had too and she'll show up again one more time in a later chapter. I'm working on the 23rd chapter so once I'm done with that and star working on the 24th ch, I'll put the next chapter up which I hope you guys enjoy. It's really cute and fluffy and I reallllyyy had a good time writing it!
Also, if you get emails every time I update, I'm sorry if you got like 3 of them. I accidently posted this ch twice and deleted both og them :/ I'm sorry!