Sequel: I'll Be There

Hearts Collide

Hearts Collide

"Alex, there you are," Steve stated as he entered the lab, finding Alex in the back working on designs.

"Hey, Steve," she greeted as she got up from where she was sitting and gave Steve a quick kiss on the lips. "What's up?"

"I wanted to know if you were free for pizza and video games."

"Wow, you really know how to make a girl feel special on her birthday," Alex scoffed causing Steve to frown a bit. "I'm just kidding," she began as she made her way out of the lab and into the elevator. "Of course I want to play video games with you. Besides, I know everyone else is busy. It's no big deal," she shrugged.

"Are you sure about that?" Steve asked as he followed her into the elevator.

"Yeah," she replied, "I've always preferred doing something simple on my birthday. Plus, Clint would probably try to give me birthday punches."

"Really?" Steve questioned as the elevator came to a stop.

"Yes, really—" Alex began as she stepped out of the elevator only to be greeted by people shouting out 'surprise'. Alex's eyes widen in shock, but she soon smiled at the sight before her: Tony standing beside Pepper with a gift in his hand, Thor and Bruce holding a large cake, Clint blowing a noise maker, and Natasha standing bored with a party hat on her head.

"Happy birthday, Alex," they greeted.

"Guys," she grinned. "You didn't have to do this."

"I know, but we wanted to," Steve replied.

"Well," Natasha remarked plainly, "most of us did."

"Well, as long as you didn't go anywhere near the cake, I'm good."

"Don't worry, Alex. I didn't let her near your cake. You don't have to worry about getting sick," Clint stated. "But you do have to worry about getting birthday punches," he smirked. "How old are you again?"

"Hey, no one's hitting Alex until she opens my gift for her," Tony interjected.

"Actually," Steve cut in, "how about if Alex makes her birthday wish first?"

"I'll get the lighter," Pepper chimed.

After Pepper lit the candles on the cake, Alex smiled as she listened to everyone singing the birthday song.

"Make a wish," Steve whispered as he grabbed Alex's hand and laced his fingers with her.

Alex closed her eyes, taking a in a deep breath as she silently whispered her wish to herself.

My name is Alex—Alexandria Stark,My dad is the one and only Tony Stark. I came to New York City to live with my dad and study engineering, but when I got here, I got so much more. I met a lot of new people and made a handful of good friends, but there was someone who I could never imagine meeting, that stole my heart and collide it with his— His name is Steve Rogers. Over the past six months Steve and I had lots of good times, but there were also a lot of bad times. There was even a point where I thought I was going to lose him, but despite it all, we made it through whatever life threw at us and I want for that to never change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
~Fin~ Gah thank you to everyone that read and reviewed this story and gave me ideas, it means a lot to me and thank you for calling me an awesome/good/great writer because before I started writing this, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea and I would get so paranoid that people would hate this so thank you for proving me wrong. Also, there have been a handful of you asking about a sequel and I promise that there will be one. The sucky part is I won't write it until Captain America 2: Winter Solider comes out next year so you're going to have to wait a while. I could write it now, but I don't think it would come out as good. Plus, I have to give Alex a break, she's been through a lot. For those of you that want to continue to read my writing, I am going to be working on a Fred Weasley story around mid May (after my finals) and a Doctor Who story/one-shot. If you don't read it, that's fine. Just know this, I had the best time writing about Alex. She's is probably my most favorite OC that I have created and the fact that so many people like her brings me so much joy. Thank you, it's been awesome- Stace