Falling Six Feet

Best Friends and Bare Butts

“What the hell are you doing here?”

That fucking Cowboy was at my door. And Victor the Hipster! What…wha…ugh. “Get your asses in here. Except you. You stay in the doorway,” I pointed out to Cowboy. I saw Adam and Victor look awkwardly at each other. What is goin’ on there? Hmm…
I let Adam and Victor slip past me into the house. I gave Adam a get-your-butt-to-my-room-now look. After they went up the stairs, I stepped onto the porch and closed the door behind me. “So, why are you here with Adam? Because I know you’re not anywhere near being friends with him. What the fuck happened at school today?” I demanded. I was PISSED. “I didn’t know where we were going,” Micha explained. “Adam just gave me your address and I drove here. So if you’re gonna be pissy, then I can go. But I’ll have you know that Kelsey tried to fuck with Adam today. She would’ve succeeded if Victor hadn’t seen it and came to tell me.” Victor??? Man, I need to find out what is goin’ on with that boy… “O-oh.”
I didn’t realize that Cowboy’s girlfriend would even know who Adam was. Shit. I’m gonna have to deal with her tomorrow. “I-I…than-” I was interrupted by my front door being yanked open by a red-faced Victor, staring at his feet as he shuffled past me and Cowboy.
“I-I have to go…Micha, I’ll wait in the truck.”
Cowboy stared after him, confusion plastered across his face. “You should go. Victor looks like he’s gonna explode,” I said. He nodded to me, and told me to let Adam know that if he needed help with anything that Adam could talk to him. According to the look on Cowboy’s face, I wasn’t doing a good enough job. Ugh.
As the truck pulled out of the drive, I ran inside to my room to find Adam laying back on my bed and a huge stain on my floor. “What the hell happened in here??” I asked. Adam blushed and told me that Victor had tripped and spilled some water. He didn’t say much else about Victor, so I stored that in the back of my head for later.

“Adam…what happened at school today?” I went into best-friend-mode, and the concern for Adam’s wellbeing was all that mattered to me now. As he quietly explained how crappy his parents acted (I know his home situation, so I wasn’t all that surprised) and what Kelsey did to him, I felt my heart ache for him. “I-I’m so sorry, love. I wish I had been there to protect you.” Then I remembered something. “So…what does Victor have to do with any of this?” I almost forgot; he spilled water on my rug. I went to get a towel while listening to Adam explain that Victor went to get Micha when Kelsey started to fuck with him. I started to wipe up the water when I looked up and saw how red Adam got when he talked about Victor. “Adam…do you like Victor?” There was no need to beat around the bush-we were best friends. We tell each other everything.
“I-I…Can I tell you something?”
Oh boy. “Yeah, you can tell me anything, love.” I nodded for him to continue. It looked like he was trying to find the right words. Finally, he spoke.
“Ithinkhemighthaveseenmenaked!”
WHAT. “Uh…Adam??? Victor saw you naked? In here?!”
His head shot up. “No! Jeez, Paige! I mean at school…in the guys’ locker room. I was getting into the shower and he came in and…my towel fell.” His face turned bright crimson, and I got up to sit next to him on my bed. “So, what really happened in here that caused Victor to leave in such a big hurry?” I asked. I knew when Adam was hiding something.
“I didn’t lie about the water thing…but when he tripped, he fell on top of me and we landed backwards on your bed. Other than that, I guess he got really nervous and couldn’t handle it. I know for sure he doesn’t play for my team, sweetheart. So I should just leave it be.” Poor guy…Adam’s never really found another guy like him at school. It confused me that Adam was so disappointed that Victor was straight, when it was apparent to me that Victor had some serious issues with being alone with Adam. I decided to myself that I would talk to Victor sometime in the future and figure out what the hell is up. Adam asked if he could stay the week and I let him know that it was okay. We stayed up all night talking.

~Next day~
I pulled into the school parking lot with Adam in the car about an hour before school was even supposed to start. Other than my sexy Mustang, there was only two other cars in the parking lot. Hmm, must be a couple of teachers. Hopefully Mr. Brush was here, because I desperately needed to turn in my reflection essay so I don’t have to go back to fucking tutoring. “Hey, I’ll meet you in the cafeteria for breakfast in a bit, okay? I have to go turn in this stupid paper to Mr. Brush so I don’t fail,” I informed Adam. He nodded and went to his locker on the other side of the school. I made my way to the main stairs and headed up to Mr. Brush’s room.
As I got closer to the door, some weird noises were comin’ out of Brush’s room. What in the…oh fuck.
I opened the door slightly to see Mr. Brush’s bare ass (which is quite toned, I might add) and some girl on the desk…well. Fucking. And I don’t mean your typical encounter. I mean, they were scooting his desk across the room. I looked a bit closer (I’m not creepy, I swear) and saw the brightest hot pink purse I have ever seen, on the floor, next to the desk. And I only knew of one girl who owned that purse. Kelsey.
Oh, boy. This was just too fucking perfect. I quietly pulled out my phone and snapped a picture of the horrible scene. But I’m not dumb. If you’re gonna catch someone doin’ some bad shit, you take more than one picture on different devices. But apparently I wasn’t smart enough to turn the fucking flash off of my camera. Mr. Brush stopped and turned, but I closed the door quick enough that he didn’t see me. I took off down the hallway and down the stairs to the cafeteria. (God, I have got to stop wearing dresses. It’s killin’ me, running down all these stairs and not falling to my death over the edge of the dress.)
I would have to keep this from Adam. I know how he feels about me keeping secrets, but this was just too much for him right now. I met up with him in the cafeteria and started to eat breakfast.
“Did you turn in that paper?”
“Uh…nah. Mr. Brush wasn’t i-in his room.” Technically he was in Kelsey….ugh. That would have to do for my excuse to Adam for now.

As the day went on, I kept getting distracted by what I had witnessed earlier. Oh, no. Me and Cowboy have Mr. Brush the same hour…

I walked to my seat in Mr. Brush’s history class, which (sadly) is right in front of his desk. Ugh…I’ll just have to ignore it for now. Before I sat down, I put my essay on his desk and made sure he saw. He was just so damn handsome. That’s why I wanted to sit by him. But now it was ruined by that stupid bitch. As I mentally fought with myself, Micha walked to his seat. He looked pretty happy, so that was clue number one that he didn’t know that Kelsey was a cheating whore. Clue number two was that he was walking with her and she kissed him goodbye. (Ew, he just kissed Mr. Brush indirectly. Nasty.) I looked over to see him staring at me, and smirked. The bell for class rang, indicating that everyone should sit the fuck down and shut up.
As class progressed, I just felt more and more awkward. I couldn’t do this. I remembered that Adam had gym this hour and usually just sat in the locker room by himself. I quickly texted him;

Hey. Need to talk to u. Comin to ur class, BTS.

A few seconds later, my phone buzzed.

K, see u in a bit. ~fabuluzfrandz~
(The boy had a signature on his texts, and it was kind of adorable how it was about me and him.)

I raised my hand. “Yes, Paige?” Mr. Brush inquired. “I don’t feel too good, can I go to the nurse?” I was such a good liar to adults. He told me to get my stuff and go. I grabbed my shit and got out of there as fast as possible.
I made my way to the basement locker rooms. I texted Adam to let him know I was right outside. I was about to head into the guys’ when I saw Victor with his camera. I turned to see what he was looking at, and it was-WOAH.

He was taking a picture of Adam.

I dropped my phone, realizing finally that Victor liked Adam. The sound of my phone hitting the locker room floor must have let Victor know I was there, because he turned to me and saw my shock. He ran out past me, a blur of red skin and camera. I quickly picked up my phone and followed after him, finally catching up to him under the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige: http://tinypic.com/r/25gfh1f/6
Micha: http://tinypic.com/r/15pfora/6
Adam: http://tinypic.com/r/t5magm/6
Victor: http://tinypic.com/r/ruaesl/6
Kelsey: http://tinypic.com/r/2safrjs/6