Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

A Gift For Skittles, And You Too

Hannah held up a skirt and said, "This would look perfect on you!"

I walked around the rack and took the black skirt from her. I held it to my body and said, "Hannah my dear, I think you may be right!"

She turned around and said, "I think I found the perfect top!"

I laughed as she moved to the next rack. Luke had warned me that once she got shopping, you couldn't get her to stop. I turned to the store entrance and didn't see Luke or Brayden. They had said they were going to stop at a few stores before they met up with us.

I moved to the same rack and she held up a black lace tank top in one hand and a neon blue lace shirt in the other. "That would look amazing!" I said, holding the skirt up to them.

She shoved them at me and said, "Try them on!"

I turned and walked to the dressing room with Hannah following me. She stopped at the shoe section and said, "Hold on!"

I skidded and almost fell into a shoe display, causing her to laugh. After I recomposed myself, I followed her down the aisle and she stopped in front of a pair of shoes. She pulled them off the shelf and tossed them to me.

"I think they would go well with that outfit," she said.

I glanced in the box and seen a pair of black heels with rhinestones that ran up the top of my foot. "They are cute!" I exclaimed.

We headed to the dressing room and I put the outfit on as quickly as I could. I stepped out of the dressing room and Hannah said, "You look amazing! When you and Brayden go out on your own, you need to wear this outfit!"

"You really think we will go out again?" I asked her.

"That boy is so taken with you," she said. "I don't doubt you two will start dating soon. Maybe even tonight."

***************

Brayden walked me to my door with a small bag in his hand. I held my bag close to me so if he did in fact ask me out again, he couldn't see my new outfit. I unlocked my door and Skittles was sitting there, staring at us.

She looked up at Brayden and then at the bag. He looked at me and said, "I got Skittles a few gifts when Luke and I were looking around."

I smiled and he dumped toys out of the bag. Skittles jumped up and ran around. She took a fuzzy ball and started to kick it. I laughed and said, "She's enjoying them. Thank you."

Brayden said, "I got something for you too."

I looked at him and said, "No, you don't have to."

"Too late," he said, handing me a small box. "I already did."

I opened it with shaking hands because the box said Kay on it. I was speechless when I seen the Jane Seymour Open Heart Skeleton Key necklace. Brayden put it on me and I finally said, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," he replied. "For some reason when I seen it, I knew you would like it."

"I've wanted it since the Open Hearts collection came out," I said, not adding that the only jewelry that my ex-husband let me wear was my wedding rings.

For a moment we didn't say anything. Skittles was still having a blast with the toys and ignoring us. Brayden looked at me and said, "Well, I need to get going. Got practice in the morning."

I nodded and said, "Thank you. I had a great time tonight."

He rubbed the back of his head and then pulled me in. It never occurred to me that he would kiss me, but when he did, I didn't pull away. I felt Skittles rub on my leg as Brayden kissed me and I knew that was her way of saying she approved of Brayden.

When we pulled apart, Brayden said, "I know we haven't known each other long, but I really care about you Anna. I don't know what it is or why, but I want to be with you."

I took a deep breath and Brayden continued, "If you don't want to, that's fine. I can tell you went through a rough time but I can assure you that I will never do that to you."

I smiled and said, "Don't stress Brayden. I want this too."

He wrapped me up tightly and said, "Damn, I don't wanna go now."

"But you need to Brayden," I said. "I don't want your coach mad at you."

He rubbed my back and said, "I will talk to you later."

After he left, I ventured to my computer and as soon as I went to Facebook, Hannah messaged me, saying I told you so. I laughed and sent her the emoticon with the tongue sticking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I have been fighting an ear infection and haven't given this much thought at all. I will update when I can so please hang in there as I am trying to figure out my next chapter for Taken From Me. ENJOY! :)