Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Relationship Status

I sat down on my bed and looked at the clock. It read 12 am but I still couldn't sleep despite being tired. Anna was on my mind and it was preventing me from sleeping. It still seemed like she had a lot of emotional baggage but I didn't care. I knew I would wait for her no matter what. I knew my mom would ask me all kind of questions about her since she had been married before but I didn't want to tell her it had ended up bad.

I looked at the picture that Hannah had posted on Facebook, tagging all of us in it. I smiled, copied it to my computer and used it as my background. After that, I went and looked at Anna's pictures she posted. My favorite picture of her was the one where she was eating Sour Patch Kids with Hannah before the movie started. They both made the same exact face at the same exact time.

I clicked the like button and then my cell rang. "Did you ask her out?" Luke said before I got the chance to even say hello.

Just as I was going to answer him, he said, "Hannah won't tell me anything! You better have asked her out! I will kick your ass if you didn't!"

"Just calm down already!" I said. "We are together!"

"Ha! I told you so!" Luke said.

I shook my head and Luke said, "Don't shake your head at me boy!"

I gave my phone a look and asked, "How in the hell did you know that I did that?"

He laughed and replied, "Brayden, I know you!"

"Then you must know yourself!" I shot back and we laughed.

"I hope I know myself or that would be a problem!" Luke said.

After a few minutes of chatting, Luke said, "She accepted my family member request."

I went to her page and seen that she had listed Luke as her brother and Hannah as her sister. "Maybe you should request for the relationship," Luke said, reading my mind.

When he said that, she sent me a goodnight message and got off. "Maybe I should wait till morning," I said.

"Do it now," Luke said. "Do it, do it, do it!"

"Okay!" I said, changing my relationship status. "There did it. Maybe she will accept it in the morning."

***********

After about six hours of sleep, I woke up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I headed to the bathroom and after I used it, I went and sat back down on my bed. I looked at my computer and pulled it onto the bed with me so I could check Facebook.

I looked through the few top stories on my news feed and then decided to look at Anna's profile. I noticed that she changed her cover photo to the one of her and Hannah eating the Sour Patch Kids just before the movie started.

I then noticed that she changed her profile picture. It was one that either Hannah or Luke must have took. We were walking to my car and without thinking, we were holding hands. After I looked at the picture, I looked down in her about section and seen that she accepted the relationship status.

No sooner than I looked at her about section, my phone rang. "You did it man!" Luke said.

I laughed and said, "Yes, I did it but who took that picture?"

"It wasn't me! It was Hannah!" he said.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked him.

"Brayden, I am being dead serious! It was Hannah who took that picture! Go to her page!" Luke insisted.

I put Hannah's name in the search box and clicked on her name and realized that she updated it from her phone. "I guess you are right!" I said.

"See? I guess I am not the only one who thought you guys make a cute couple!" Luke replied.

I laughed and said, "Gee, thanks man!"

Luke laughed as well and then said, "If anybody tries to hurt her... I know she's your girlfriend and all but Hannah already loves her and you know how Hannah is."

I nodded to myself and said, "Yeah I know how she is."

"I think maybe we should talk to coach and see if she could come to practice once to meet the whole team. I mean Kevin, Patrick, Mark and Matt like her. The whole team should," Luke said.

I smiled and said, "You know what? That may not be a bad idea!"

"Well man, I gotta get going," Luke said. "We need to get ready for practice."

"Alright, see you there!" I said, hanging up and going back to Anna's page.

I looked at the picture of her and Hannah and said, "How in the hell did you make me fall so far so fast?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter. I haven't been updating my stories lately because of me being sick and I think you readers can understand that when you are sick you are not motivated. I was motivated last night but between playing Words With Friends and then my page deciding to refresh randomly, I just decided to give up until now. I will try to continue to update this story in a timely manner. Thank you for being so patient with me.