Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Let's Play At The Museum Of Play!

After I got out of the shower, I sat down on my bed and took a deep breath. Practice had been brutal and it still seemed like I was out of breath. I was too tired to boot up my computer so I grabbed my phone to check Facebook.

I seen that Kelly had tagged Anna in a few pictures and a status update about a self defense class. I laughed when I read that a guy had hid from Anna after the class was over.

I exited Facebook and dialed Anna. "Hello Brayden," she said after three rings.

"You had a guy scared?" I asked her.

She laughed and said, "Oh, that. Yeah he tried to hide from me in the car when we were walking past."

I shook my head and said, "Priceless."

"Kelly thought so," she said. "So what's up?"

"The ceiling!" I said, staring at the ceiling. "I'm lying on my bed, bored."

She laughed and said, "I am bored too. I was just seriously reading to Skittles."

I laughed as I sat up and said, "I have an idea. Why don't we hang out."

"Sounds good," she said. "What would you like to do?"

I thought for a moment and said, "How about going to the National Museum of Play?"

"Yes! I haven't been there!" she said, sounding excited.

I smiled and said, "Okay, then I will pick you up in an hour."

*************

After we walked in, I took her hand and she leaned against me. One little kid hanging on his mom's hand looked at us and then did the same.

Anna laughed and said, "Oh, how cute!"

I smiled and said, "He's trying to be like you."

"Kinda hard," she said, laughing.

We walked around, interacting with everything and taking pictures of each other for a while. It seemed like when I was with her, I didn't feel tired. It was strange in a way.

After we went through the whole museum, I said, "How about we go get dinner?"

She looked at me and smiled. "Sounds great!" she said.

"Red Robin?" I asked.

"YUM!" she responded and we walked out of the door, laughing.

We talked about what she had did earlier in the day and I looked at her when she said that Kelly made her apply for a gun permit. "She knows that I am afraid to be in this city alone," she said.

I nodded and said, "That's understandable. I mean with the bad places up here."

She nodded as we pulled into the parking lot for Red Robin. We walked in and I said to the hostess, "Two."

She looked around and said, "Come on, I got a table open for two."

I took Anna's hand and led her to the table. I slid into the booth next to her and we ordered our drinks and opened the menus. While Anna browsed over the menu, I looked at her. Something told me there was more to the gun thing but I didn't want to press her. If she really wanted me to know, she would tell me when the time is right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter. I won't be able to update until sometime next week. I will keep ideas in my head and play with them. Just hang in there and watch for the updates!