Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Communication Is The Key

After Brayden dropped me off, I unlocked my door and Skittles greeted me at the door. "Mommy's home now baby," I said to her as she meowed.

She rubbed my leg and purred. I locked my door up and she meowed again. "Mommy will feed you in just a minute baby," I said and she circed around my feet.

I dropped my purse on the table and pulled down a can of cat food. I opened the can, put a portion in a clean dish and put it down after I picked up the dirty dish. She dug in and I gave her fresh water. I put the rest of the can in the fridge after covering it with a lid.

I sat down at the kitchen table with my mail, sorting it. I hated sorting mail with the fear that Nathan might be able to send me something somehow even though he didn't know that I changed my last name to my grandfathers last name. Nathan never asked about my grandfather and I never told him. This time I was glad that he never communicated with me near the end of our marriage.

Skittles looked at me and growled. "I know, I shouldn't be thinking of him," I said. "But he was a large part of my life and even though I don't like it, he always will be."

She washed her paw and then looked at my computer I left on the counter. "I know, Brayden has the potential to be a huge part of my life now," I said.

She got up and jumped onto the stool and looked at the computer. I smiled and said, "We already communicate better than Nathan and I ever did."

*********************

Luke looked at the card and said, "Okay, this is for the win Anna, you better not get it right!"

I gave him a look and said, "Bring it on!"

"Okay, where is the Superdome located?" he asked me.

"New Orleans, Louisiana!" I said quickly and Hannah jumped up.

"WE DID IT!" she said, jumping up and down. "WE BEAT THEM!"

Luke gave me a look and said, "How in the hell did you know that?"

"My dad's favorite football team is the New Orleans Saints," I said. "I would know."

He looked at Brayden and said, "Dude, your girlfriend isn't a girly girl."

I just smiled and said, "Damn straight!"

Hannah laughed and said, "Excuse him, he's just sour that we beat him."

Luke didn't think, he just slapped Hannah across the butt and she shrieked. Without warning, Skittles came bouncing in sideways, hissing at Luke. Luke jumped up on the chair and said, "The damn cat is testy!"

I laughed and said, "She is just protecting the ones she loves."

Hannah bent down and patted Skittles on the head. "Thank you Skittles," she said and she started to purr.

Luke looked at Skittles and said, "I am sorry I spanked her. Can you forgive me?"

Skittles jumped up on his lap and rubbed his arm. "See, I think she likes me!" Luke said.

Skittles looked at Hannah and then back at Luke. She did a few one two punches and took off. Brayden, Hannah and I lost it. I was rolling on the floor while Luke looked dumbfounded. I looked up at Brayden and was about to ask him to help me up when he got up and heaved me up.

"How did you know?" I asked him.

"The look on your face said it all," he said. "Sometimes all you need to do is communicate without saying the words."

I smiled and said, "Thanks Brayden."

"Anytime," he said with a soft smile on his face.

At that time I knew that I would be having an amazing relationship with Bryaden. He seemed to know that communication wasn't always saying what was on each others minds. Nathan always needed some kind of clue and even then he would ignore it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I don't know when I will be able to update again due to a computer issue but I will try so don't loose interest please. Also if you are reading Taken From Me, please don't loose interest in that either. I have just been having writers block with that one. Hope you all have a great day and those to come!