Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

We Are Back And Better Than Ever!

I rode with the top down, letting the air flow through my hair. I was surprised that Brayden McNabb had gotten a hold of me. He said it was of the utmost importance that I come to Rochester, that he knew a friend of mine. I was hoping that it was Anna. I hadn't seen her in a real long time.

I chilled to the music of My Chemical Romance and was thankful for the amazing weather in March. In a couple of weeks, it would be my 24th birthday and a reconnection with Anna would be the best birthday present ever. Anna and I were real tight but once she got married, things had changed.

It wasn't that she didn't try to get in contact with me when she was married to Nathan, it was the fact that he wouldn't even let her touch the phone out of fear that she would call another guy. I had went to Charleston for a week and seen everything that went down between them two months after the wedding. He would shove her up against the wall, shake her and call her all sorts of names. Two years ago, she miraculously got a hold of me and told me the worst, that she was afraid that he would kill her.

I soon had to change my phone number because Nathan had constantly called me, threatening me that if I ever got in contact with her again that he would kill her. In fear that he would actually do that, I changed my number, made my Facebook private enough to where he couldn't find me so it surprised me that McNabb had found me.

I took a deep breath when I pulled up to the KFC and spotted Brayden McNabb standing near a black SUV. After I opened my door, I noticed another guy standing next to him. I gave them a look and approached them.

"You Ashley?" Brayden asked.

I nodded my head and then I heard a car door open behind me. I seen a blonde girl get out and then heard, "ASHLEY!"

I didn't have time to react as I was wrapped in a bear hug. A smile spread across Brayden's face and Anna looked at him. "You did this?" Anna asked him and he nodded.

She abandoned me for Brayden and wrapped him up. "What am I, chopped liver?" the other guy asked.

The blonde girl said, "Shut up Luke!"

"Nice Hannah," he said.

***************************

After we got acquainted, we had lunch in KFC and the guys split for practice. Hannah came with us since she brought Luke's car and we ventured into Greece. After a quick game plan, we ended up at Wal-Mart and back in the bike section.

I looked around and climbed onto a bike with training wheels and peddled my ass off. Anna and Hannah were laughing hysterically. Anna hopped on a tricycle and started to peddle her ass off and Hannah pulled out her phone.

"Photo girls!" Hannah shouted.

I looked behind me and at that moment, Anna t-boned me and we both fell over. We were laying down on the ground, laughing our asses off and then Hannah took a picture of us. She couldn't stop laughing as she posted the picture on Instagram and Twitter.

"Priceless!" Hannah replied.

We took off before anybody could rat us out and we headed to Target. "We should do a sleep over at my place!" Anna said.

"That's a good idea!" Hannah replied. "What do you think Ashley?"

"I don't have anything with me but my computer," I replied.

"We can shop!" Anna said and I laughed. "I have a washer and dryer in my apartment."

"Alright!" I said and grabbed a cart as we walked in.

I got the essentials that I needed and we made our way over to the pillows. Anna was laughing with Hannah about something so I turned around and Anna walloped me with a pillow. I stumbled into the rack of pillows and got rained on. Anna lost it and I jumped up with a pillow in my hand. I wailed on her and we kept on hitting each other until we were hit over the head repeatedly by Hannah.

We abandoned my cart and we went flying all over Target, surprisingly not getting into any trouble, having a pillow fight. Once we got back to my cart, we noticed that all of the pillows were cleaned up but my cart was left where it was.

I tossed my pillow in the cart and said, "Should we get going."

After we cashed out, we headed to the mall and joked around. As we walked around the mall, Anna was laughing like her old self again and I smiled. I knew that we were back together and that I had to move to Rochester.

"Any apartments open in your building?" I asked Anna and she nodded.

"The one next to me just opened up yesterday," she said.

"Good jobs?" I asked.

"The restaurant needs more waitresses and it's a good pay," Anna said. "Why?"

"Cause the evil cuz's are back and better than ever!" I said and we all laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was hard to write because Monday, my grandfather passed away but I powered through it with stuff that I can actually see happening between my best friend Ashley and I. We are real close so I knew adding her to the story would help me somewhat in helping me figure out what I am going to do with the rest of the story. Please bear with me on this!