Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

I Am Your Safe Haven

Close To Heaven

"Baby you a song You make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise!" we all sung and collapsed on the floor.

Hannah was laughing so hard she was crying. Ashley sat up and gave her a look and then lost it. I couldn't stop laughing at those two as they tried to finish singing Cruise by Florida Georgia Line. I knew I couldn't finish singing the song since I was laughing so hard.

"She's crawling!" Hannah said as she pointed to me crawling towards my bedroom so I could use my own bathroom.

After I relieved myself, I went to walk out gracefully and then Skittles ran in front of me, tripping me up. As soon as I went down, the girls lost it again. I sat up and seen Skittles tangled up in a blanket. Once Skittles broke loose, she went flying through the apartment and after a few crashes followed up by a loud bang, we went out and found her underneath a large mixing bowl we set out for brownies.

"Skittles!" Hannah exclaimed. "We need that!"

Skittles look so defeated that we couldn't help but laugh at her. I shook my head and picked up the mixing bowl and turned the water on so I could wash it. "Maybe she is trying to tell us that we should start making the brownies!" Ashley replied. "I am craving one now!"

"That would be why I am washing the bowl now!" I exclaimed, holding the bowl up.

Hannah went to my counter and said, "Where is the mix?"

Ashley and I looked at each other and I said, "We are making them from scratch!"

Hannah smiled and said, "Pure homemade! Who would have thought you would be like this."

"I like to keep it real," I said and then we all burst out laughing. "No, I am not trying to be gangsta!"

*********************

While the brownies were in the oven baking, we sat down and painted our toenails. I reached for the red and painted my big toes and my pinky toes. Ashley was settled with a deep purple and black while Hannah chose a pale peach and powder blue. I sat the blue down and grabbed the white. I then painted my toes near my pinky toe and big toe white. After I put the white back, I painted my two remaining toes blue.

Hannah looked at my toes and said, "What a cute idea!"

I smiled and said, "I have to support the team somehow."

"You are by loving Brayden," she said. "The team will protect you if you are dating one of their own."

Hannah looked at Ashley, who was paying no attention to her, and said, "We have to find you a man. Maybe Kevin?"

"YES!" I said, scaring Ashley.

"What?" she asked, looking confused.

"We have to set them up! We just have to!" Hannah replied. "They would be sooo cute together!"

"Set who up? I am soooo confused!" Ashley said.

I looked at Hannah and laughed. "We will tell you later," I said as the time dinged. "I have to take the brownies out to cool."

While I took the brownies out, I quickly texted Brayden about the idea and he responded back quickly saying he thought it was a good idea. I grinned and walked back to the living room after I set the time to cool. Hannah looked at me and I nodded and sat down next to Ashley.

"We are going to set you up," I said. "He's a good guy, I promise!"

Ashley looked at me and said, "I'm gonna trust you on this one but if it's a bad date, I will not trust you again!"

I gave her a look and she said, "I'm just kidding! No need to kill me!"

Hannah laughed and turned on the hair dryer to dry her toes. After ten minutes, we were all done and we went out into the kitchen to test the brownies. I scooped the ice cream while Ashley put the brownies on plates. We took our plates into the living room and started the movie, Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs.

After Hannah took a bite, she closed her eyes and said, "Oh my lord, this is heavenly!"

Ashley and I smiled and laughed. "It's close to heaven, huh?" Ashley asked.

"Oh yeah," she said and we settled in to watch the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy this chapter. I have had a tough time keeping up with the stories as I have had many deaths in the family come up. I will work harder to post at least every two weeks on this story. I am sorry for the delay and I really hope there are still readers out there!